This Crow Tastes Delicious

The Troll

I'm still not a fan of Doug Jolley, but the move down in the draft was sheer genius. At 26, the Jets were likely going to take Heath or Justin Miller. Well, Heath Miller be damned, we got our kicker for the next decade, an adequate starting tight end, and the man who might've been the pick at 26 in the first place, Justin Miller.

Terry probably wouldn't know Ham's ABC mantra if it bit him in the ass, but on draft day, the man is a genius.

I said from day one that trading out of the late first round was the right move for The Jets and I backed The Doug Jolley move.

All The Jets did was trade down and get a few extra picks.

Look at all the reaches at the end of round one. Luis Castillo and Logan Mankins. I like both players but they could have been had in The 2nd round.

Even if The Jets had missed out on Justin Miller. They still had quality CB's on the board with Stanley Wilson, Eric Green and Bryant McFadden.

I would have been more than happy with anyone of those three. Litte did I know, we would end up with Miller.

Nugent was the smart pick. Let the naysayers say whatever they want.

Thanks for the memories Doug.

I said from day one that trading out of the late first round was the right move for The Jets and I backed The Doug Jolley move.

All The Jets did was trade down and get a few extra picks.

Look at all the reaches at the end of round one. Luis Castillo and Logan Mankins. I like both players but they could have been had in The 2nd round.

Even if The Jets had missed out on Justin Miller. They still had quality CB's on the board with Stanley Wilson, Eric Green and Bryant McFadden.

I would have been more than happy with anyone of those three. Litte did I know, we would end up with Miller.

Nugent was the smart pick. Let the naysayers say whatever they want.

Thanks for the memories Doug.

At first, I detested the Nugent pick because I felt that we'd miss out on Justin Miller/Eric Green/Khalif Barnes. I even accidently broke something when I threw my hat at the television.

However, I love the Nugent pick now and I love every pick. It's been a great first day of the draft. I'd still rather Putzier than Jolley, but who am I to complain now?

It fell right for a change. Not so sure TB was locked on nugent, but when he saw 4 quailty cbs left he was smart taking the kicker first because he certainly wouldnt be there when they came up again. If there was a run on cbs prior to our pick I think he grabs one.

EXCELLENT JOB SO FAR!

I LOVED THE TRADE , NOW I REALLY LOVE IT! :pats::mrgreen:

I'm feeling pretty good about the day so I won't rain on Bradway's parade. Who in the world thought Miller would drop to us in the Late second round, though? Terry got a little gift there, honestly. There wasn't a decision to make. Pouha's a little iffy, but the draft thus far is not a disaster, and with a few good picks on day two, could be a real feather in Bradway's cap. I hate bradway, BTW. So this is no Homer perspective. Credit, where credit's due. Just make us better, and we can split hairs later. :)

That's not sad, I was even thinking of EB when they snatched him up. I couldn't be happier with day 1.

BTW, they had the draft on at the wedding, very cool.

It was sad that I was thinking of EB?? :lol:

How could you NOT think of him (at that point)? EB has been oozing Justin Miller for weeks! :lol:

It fell right for a change. Not so sure TB was locked on nugent, but when he saw 4 quailty cbs left he was smart taking the kicker first because he certainly wouldnt be there when they came up again. If there was a run on cbs prior to our pick I think he grabs one.

EXCELLENT JOB SO FAR!

I LOVED THE TRADE , NOW I REALLY LOVE IT! :pats::mrgreen:

I agree with you Jim.

When TB saw 4 CB's who were probably on our board still there at 47, Nugent became a good decision.

The only argument I can see being made is those who would have preferred Barnes with that pick.

Archived