Jets SWEEP Miami... so where's DW & crashingjet?

and how much do you guys hate the Miami fans? Oh yea and to all the Chad-will-never-get-us-anywhere crowd? Every single one of those obnoxious Fins fans (some with tee-shirts that said Chad Swallows) walking to their cars after losing WISHES they had Chad Pennington QBing their floundering Fin franchise today-I heard them on the radio on the way home...They all want Saban to take the Alabama job too

So what is Saban thinking on 4th and one and not going for it in the 4th quarter- is he being crucified down there in Miami for that?

oh yea by the press and the fans and the talk radio guys-they're almost ALL hoping he takes the Alabama job faba.They're all wondering why he didn't go for it and run Ronnie Brown who was doing a good job of getting yards.What they're saying is they think he's getting too "cutesy" and not doing what Mangini did which was utilize the hot players.Also,one more thing they are wishing they were like the rest of the AFCE teams who are starting rookies-while he left 1st round DP Jason Allen on the bench the whole game and started a potential FA nobody-the guy that OUR rookie Brad Smith burned on 3rd down

So what is Saban thinking on 4th and one and not going for it in the 4th quarter- is he being crucified down there in Miami for that?
Faba the crowd was Booing big time after that No-Go on 4 and 1 ,We all were thinking what is wrong with this guy is he that stupid or what? even a few fin fans around us were saying if they don't go for it we will lose the game and they did .

Faba the crowd was Booing big time after that No-Go on 4 and 1 ,We all were thinking what is wrong with this guy is he that stupid or what? even a few fin fans around us were saying if they don't go for it we will lose the game and they did .

He coached scared or maybe someone looking to fly out of town to Bama.

bump for the fish heads

A blue Christmas in season of blues By GREG COTE

gcote@MiamiHerald.com

It isn't much consolation, anyway, trying to play spoiler at the end of a season already spoiled. It is a sad, better-than-nothing consolation you were after, the last and lowest kind available. It would have provided not nearly enough to fill the emptiness still there.

So the New York Jets beat the Dolphins here Monday night 13-10, denying the home team and Dolfans the chance to deny their rivals a playoff spot, but it didn't matter much in a Miami season that has stopped mattering and, in the end, if anything, the result was just fitting, that's all.

The Dolphins and their fans would lay a decent claim to leading the NFL in disappointment this season, so why should Miami being denied a gift on Christmas night surprise anybody?

SAME OLD STORY

How could the final home game of a season such as this end any other way than with Dolphins fans trudging chin-down from the park to wonder (again) what went wrong? What fell short?

It was too little offense (again), a 10th time in 15 games Miami did not top 17 points.

It was stout defense bedeviled by the usual one or two killing big plays allowed (again).

It was the Dolphins simply not being good enough (again), as the season record sank to 6-9 in a fifth straight season out of the playoffs.

This is not to suggest there is no God or Santa Claus, by the way. It is to suggest that neither God nor Santa seemed to like Miami very much this year, evidently. Or lately, for that matter.

There wasn't going to be any successful dressing up of this game in festive terms, no matter the calendar, no matter the cheerleaders in their Santa suits.

It was largely a meaningless game, nearly as pointless as the 0-0 score deep into the third quarter, except, ultimately, as a potential visceral victory for Dolfans over hated Jets fans who would lead the global economy if obnoxiousness were currency. Instead, it was a sixth consecutive prime-time victory by the Jets over Miami.

Of course, the result mattered to the Jets, the victory greasing their path to the playoffs. But the Jets are not our concern here.

For the Dolphins, win or lose, the soundtrack for this evening was closer to what Elvis Presley was briefly heard singing across Dolphin Stadium loudspeakers between the first and second quarters:

Blue Christmas.

Blue season, it has been, and one that even a victory Monday would not have made all that much brighter. All a victory would have done is set up the next sad consolation: possibly still finishing .500, a nonaccomplishment that, in the franchise's better days, would have been its own ignominy.

The night had the visual look of an August exhibition, from the steady sheet of rain that emptied all of those thousands of orange seats, to Cleo Lemon beginning the second half at quarterback. A pregame electrical malfunction that doused the banks of end-zone lights lent a more literal feeling of gloom.

A festival of punts arose from domineering defenses repeatedly stymieing offenses that moved the ball like two teams of men attempting to push a boulder uphill.

The loss perfectly represented a season when none of the wishes came true. Those Super Bowl predictions by major publications lied.

So, because of injury, did the promise of Daunte Culpepper's arrival.

The hope inspired by Nick Saban's arrival as coach? That's on hold, in that mediocre space between satisfaction and disappointment where you find a not-quite-two-year record of 15-16.

NOTHING TO CHEER

No franchise in the NFL celebrates its history as fervently as the Dolphins, keeping alive a receding past in the recent absence of anything more current worth cheering.

Sad to note we got another reminder on Christmas night: The team with the storied past has no present.

Dan Marino's and Don Shula's statues greet stadium visitors, frozen reminders of halcyon days. On Monday, Marino and fellow former stars Dick Anderson, Mark Duper and Nat Moore were honorary captains, and Richmond Webb, the stalwart former tackle, was inducted onto the team's Honor Roll.

Also, Monday happened to be the 35th anniversary of ''The Longest Game,'' Miami's epic 1971 playoff victory at Kansas City. More old glory. Always, old glory.

When is this club going to give its fans something new to cheer?

Five years out of the playoff is an NFL eternity. Now the team completes a season 1-5 against teams from its own division, all three of whom are younger overall.

''We gave this season away,'' superb defender Jason Taylor said in the buildup to this game. ``We threw it away.''

It was mindful of hearing founding club owner Joe Robbie, many years ago, lamenting that his franchise was ``wasting the Marino years.''

Now the same thing is happening with the Taylor and Zach Thomas years.

Maybe it will be different next season, of course. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Meantime:

Blue Christmas. Blue season.

bump for the fish heads

A blue Christmas in season of blues By GREG COTE

gcote@MiamiHerald.com

It isn't much consolation, anyway, trying to play spoiler at the end of a season already spoiled. It is a sad, better-than-nothing consolation you were after, the last and lowest kind available. It would have provided not nearly enough to fill the emptiness still there.

So the New York Jets beat the Dolphins here Monday night 13-10, denying the home team and Dolfans the chance to deny their rivals a playoff spot, but it didn't matter much in a Miami season that has stopped mattering and, in the end, if anything, the result was just fitting, that's all.

The Dolphins and their fans would lay a decent claim to leading the NFL in disappointment this season, so why should Miami being denied a gift on Christmas night surprise anybody?

SAME OLD STORY

How could the final home game of a season such as this end any other way than with Dolphins fans trudging chin-down from the park to wonder (again) what went wrong? What fell short?

It was too little offense (again), a 10th time in 15 games Miami did not top 17 points.

It was stout defense bedeviled by the usual one or two killing big plays allowed (again).

It was the Dolphins simply not being good enough (again), as the season record sank to 6-9 in a fifth straight season out of the playoffs.

This is not to suggest there is no God or Santa Claus, by the way. It is to suggest that neither God nor Santa seemed to like Miami very much this year, evidently. Or lately, for that matter.

There wasn't going to be any successful dressing up of this game in festive terms, no matter the calendar, no matter the cheerleaders in their Santa suits.

It was largely a meaningless game, nearly as pointless as the 0-0 score deep into the third quarter, except, ultimately, as a potential visceral victory for Dolfans over hated Jets fans who would lead the global economy if obnoxiousness were currency. Instead, it was a sixth consecutive prime-time victory by the Jets over Miami.

Of course, the result mattered to the Jets, the victory greasing their path to the playoffs. But the Jets are not our concern here.

For the Dolphins, win or lose, the soundtrack for this evening was closer to what Elvis Presley was briefly heard singing across Dolphin Stadium loudspeakers between the first and second quarters:

Blue Christmas.

Blue season, it has been, and one that even a victory Monday would not have made all that much brighter. All a victory would have done is set up the next sad consolation: possibly still finishing .500, a nonaccomplishment that, in the franchise's better days, would have been its own ignominy.

The night had the visual look of an August exhibition, from the steady sheet of rain that emptied all of those thousands of orange seats, to Cleo Lemon beginning the second half at quarterback. A pregame electrical malfunction that doused the banks of end-zone lights lent a more literal feeling of gloom.

A festival of punts arose from domineering defenses repeatedly stymieing offenses that moved the ball like two teams of men attempting to push a boulder uphill.

The loss perfectly represented a season when none of the wishes came true. Those Super Bowl predictions by major publications lied.

So, because of injury, did the promise of Daunte Culpepper's arrival.

The hope inspired by Nick Saban's arrival as coach? That's on hold, in that mediocre space between satisfaction and disappointment where you find a not-quite-two-year record of 15-16.

NOTHING TO CHEER

No franchise in the NFL celebrates its history as fervently as the Dolphins, keeping alive a receding past in the recent absence of anything more current worth cheering.

Sad to note we got another reminder on Christmas night: The team with the storied past has no present.

Dan Marino's and Don Shula's statues greet stadium visitors, frozen reminders of halcyon days. On Monday, Marino and fellow former stars Dick Anderson, Mark Duper and Nat Moore were honorary captains, and Richmond Webb, the stalwart former tackle, was inducted onto the team's Honor Roll.

Also, Monday happened to be the 35th anniversary of ''The Longest Game,'' Miami's epic 1971 playoff victory at Kansas City. More old glory. Always, old glory.

When is this club going to give its fans something new to cheer?

Five years out of the playoff is an NFL eternity. Now the team completes a season 1-5 against teams from its own division, all three of whom are younger overall.

''We gave this season away,'' superb defender Jason Taylor said in the buildup to this game. ``We threw it away.''

It was mindful of hearing founding club owner Joe Robbie, many years ago, lamenting that his franchise was ``wasting the Marino years.''

Now the same thing is happening with the Taylor and Zach Thomas years.

Maybe it will be different next season, of course. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Meantime:

Blue Christmas. Blue season.

Jason Taylor crying -what a shocker there Jetcane

Oh.. there was NOTHING better than reading the Miami Herald (real paper) this morning at News Cafe in South Beach.

I was actually pretty surprised how down on the Dolphins all the radio stations down here were. I mean, they kept saying how bad they are and only going to get worse.

BZ

Oh.. there was NOTHING better than reading the Miami Herald (real paper) this morning at News Cafe in South Beach.

I was actually pretty surprised how down on the Dolphins all the radio stations down here were. I mean, they kept saying how bad they are and only going to get worse.

BZ

It still boggles my mind that a bunch of National media outlets had the Dolphins winning the AFCE & the Super Bowl.

Their 6 game winning streak to end the 2005 season was bogus.

Either way, a last place finish couldn't happen to a better franchise!

" hated Jets fans who would lead the global economy if obnoxiousness were currency."

Fin fans deserve all they get from us-they are worse to us than we are to them-some lady threw water or beer ofr something at me for standing up and another lady kept mocking my Pennington jersey class acts all the way baby

BZ

I AM JEALOUS!

:)

I remember being down there in 2002 the week the Jets demolished green bay and the fins choked (against the pats?)

I loved reading the meltdown in the Herald the next day, so I know just how you feel!

You knew I was gonna come back. I just needed some time.

Congrats... It was a hard fought, wet game and the Jets offense deserves credit. The Dolphins could'nt get them off the field on 3rd down. The Jets got it.

Damn that F-ing runback. F-ing special teams.

If it weren't for your special teams, the game would have been 10-3 Jets.

Anyway... good of you to come back. Your Christmas Crow must be like a nice leftover.

BZ

" hated Jets fans who would lead the global economy if obnoxiousness were currency."

Fin fans deserve all they get from us-they are worse to us than we are to them-some lady threw water or beer ofr something at me for standing up and another lady kept mocking my Pennington jersey class acts all the way baby

Yeah, I read that line and thought I was going to puke.

A few moments from the game last night:

- The Dolphins fan running shirtless through the stadium dragging a Jets Jersey on the ground trying to make Jets fans step on it.

- The Dolphin going cheering louder and louder as they re-watched the hit on Coles while he was still on the ground.

- The Dolphin Fans at the gas station who wouldn't give my wife directions to the stadium (we were lost) because he saw a Jets fan in the car.

BZ

Yeah, I read that line and thought I was going to puke.

A few moments from the game last night:

- The Dolphins fan running shirtless through the stadium dragging a Jets Jersey on the ground trying to make Jets fans step on it.

- The Dolphin going cheering louder and louder as they re-watched the hit on Coles while he was still on the ground.

- The Dolphin Fans at the gas station who wouldn't give my wife directions to the stadium (we were lost) because he saw a Jets fan in the car.

BZ

yea they are a pathetic franchise right now BZ and if you ask any one of them if they'd like to trade places with us....

yea they are a pathetic franchise right now BZ and if you ask any one of them if they'd like to trade places with us....

No we would not trade places.

Having been at the game, I can say I was very suprised by the way the Jets fans acted last night. Usually they are unbearable, but yeterday they were tolerable. Nobody really had anything to cheer for till the 4th quarter.

BZ, let me apologize for some of the Dolphin fans, If your wife had asked me for directions I would have given them to her (I would have sent you the long way, but you would've gotten there). The fans that were there yesterday were the true diehards, (which explains why the stadium was empty) so you got the worst of the worst. I think you'll find the rest of your trip pleasant. Unfortunatley the weather is kinda crappy. If you have a chance, go by the Carnival center, and if you like sushi try Doraku on Miami Beach.

The fans that were there yesterday were the true

Sad thing is they should be the ones who have some respect... I have experienced enough with dolphins fans not to trust any of them... sorry man the bridge is very burnt here...

The crowd going crazy about that hit while Coles was still down made me sick, then Saban was all smiles when Thomas came over to him... should have been telling him o avoid the Helmet to Helmet hits like a real coach...

Sad thing is they should be the ones who have some respect... I have experienced enough with dolphins fans not to trust any of them... sorry man the bridge is very burnt here...

The crowd going crazy about that hit while Coles was still down made me sick, then Saban was all smiles when Thomas came over to him... should have been telling him o avoid the Helmet to Helmet hits like a real coach...

Whatever... It was a good hit.

And as far as your comments about Dolphin fans... Same here buddy.

Whatever... It was a good hit.

Are you kidding? Lets see how much ZT gets fined before you claim that...

If you consider playing dirty a good hit...

The hit on Leon Washington was a "good hit" the one on Coles was a dirty hit.

Are you kidding? Lets see how much ZT gets fined before you claim that...

If you consider playing dirty a good hit...

The hit on Leon Washington was a "good hit" the one on Coles was a dirty hit.

Zach Thomas is not a dirty player, he is a hard working SOB that is respected by his peers for his blue collar and very knowledgable approach to the game. It was a clean hit, the fact that Coles was injured was unfortunate and the way the Phins fans in the stadium cheered was disgusting, but don't turn an unfortunate situtation into smack. :rolleyes:

Zach Thomas is not a dirty player, he is a hard working SOB that is respected by his peers for his blue collar and very knowledgable approach to the game. It was a clean hit, the fact that Coles was injured was unfortunate and the way the Phins fans in the stadium cheered was disgusting, but don't turn an unfortunate situtation into smack. :rolleyes:

He might not be a dirty player but it was a CLEAR HELMET TO HELMET HIT

Please tell me you know thats against the rules...

If you disagree please explain to me how ZT's helmet busted open LC's chin but wasnt a helmet to helmet shot...

It was clearly a helmet to helmet shot

I know the rules of the game.

Are you sure it was ZT's helmet? And even if it was, I'm sure it was accidental. I was responding to your post where you flat out said that Zach is a dirty player.

Players are penalized and even fined for accidental plays. Against the Lions, JT was penalized for a face mask that was clearly accidental (he wasn't even looking towards the QB at the time), but it was a face mask so he deserved it. If the NFL reviews the play and finds it to be in violation of the rules, then Zach should be fined. I don't happen to think that he will be fined.

Are you sure it was ZT's helmet? And even if it was, I'm sure it was accidental. I was responding to your post where you flat out said that Zach is a dirty player.

Players are penalized and even fined for accidental plays. Against the Lions, JT was penalized for a face mask that was clearly accidental (he wasn't even looking towards the QB at the time), but it was a face mask so he deserved it. If the NFL reviews the play and finds it to be in violation of the rules, then Zach should be fined. I don't happen to think that he will be fined.

it was a helmut to helmut l2g-I thought he knocked him out.I saw a little of Bellichick in the way the Jets handled the injury on the sidelines-they completely surrounded LC and had a towel over his head not allowing anybody to see what had happened to him

He led right into Coles with his helmet, it wasnt a complete accident

Archived