MVP LT

OPOTY Drew brees

Coach of the year Mangini or sean payton

Offensive rookie of the year Vince young or reggie bush

DROY demacco ryans

CBPOTY chad pennington

Most improved Aaron kampman

DPOTY jason taylor or brian urlacher

Most years I think Brees would win the award but LT had a record breaking year, maybe the greatest year an RB has ever had - plus the Chargers have the best record in the NFL. Tough not to give LT the MVP.

I agree with you on just about everything else except ROY. I like Young and Bush and one of those two will probably win the award but the guy who truly deserves it is Marcus McNeill. Unfortunately for McNeill he's an offensive lineman who wasn't hyped up coming out of college.

I know there's one week left in the season but here it goes:

MVP: Ladainian Tomlinson, Chargers

Runner-Up: Drew Brees, Saints

Coach of The Year: Eric Mangini, Jets

Runner Up (Tied): Sean Payton, Saints Andy Reid, Eagles

Offensive Rookie of The Year: Marcus McNeill, Chargers

Runner-Up: Vince Young, Titans

Defensive Rookie of The Year: DeMeco Ryans, Texans

Runner-Up: Mark Anderson, Bears

Comeback Player of The Year: Chad Pennington, Jets

Runner-Up: Carson Palmer, Bengals

Most Improved Player: Jerricho Cotchery, Jets

Runner-Up: JP Losman, Bills

MVP - is a gimmie

coach of the year - sean payton, runner up -----> man-genius (which will be unfortunate)

O-rookie of the year - jones-drew, runner up --> Maroney (no jet fan would not want this guy)

comeback player - pennington---> runner up brees

most improved - can you say romo for this? is he improved? or was he always good, i'll take romo. even though it shouldn't apply.

here is mine

MVP LT

OPOTY Drew brees

Coach of the year Mangini or sean payton

Offensive rookie of the year Vince young or reggie bush

DROY demacco ryans

CBPOTY chad pennington

Most improved Aaron kampman

DPOTY jason taylor or brian urlacher

reggie bush? are you serious? he was outplayed by two other backs. Lets not mention other postions such as WR (on his own team!) or T.

MVP - is a gimmie

coach of the year - sean payton, runner up -----> man-genius (which will be unfortunate)

O-rookie of the year - jones-drew, runner up --> Maroney (no jet fan would not want this guy)

comeback player - pennington---> runner up brees

most improved - can you say romo for this? is he improved? or was he always good, i'll take romo. even though it shouldn't apply.

Romo would win Most Improved depending on what the criteria is. I always thought to win Most Improved you had to suck the previous season. If that's the case Romo can't win it because he never even played.

Most years I think Brees would win the award but LT had a record breaking year, maybe the greatest year an RB has ever had - plus the Chargers have the best record in the NFL. Tough not to give LT the MVP.

I agree with you on just about everything else except ROY. I like Young and Bush and one of those two will probably win the award but the guy who truly deserves it is Marcus McNeill. Unfortunately for McNeill he's an offensive lineman who wasn't hyped up coming out of college.

Id take young over mcniel becuse young is single handly winning games

LT was great before McNeill ever got there. It's easy to look good when you have the best RB in football running behind you. Your man-love for the guy is really getting annoying.

MVP - LaDainian Tomlinson

Defensive Player of the Year - Jason Taylor

Offensive Rookie of the Year - Maurice Jones-Drew

Defensive Rookie of the Year - DeMeco Ryans

Coach of the Year - Sean Payton (Jeff Fisher should be talked about here. He has gotten little to no credit for the amazing job he has done.)

Comeback POTY - Drew Brees

LT was great before McNeill ever got there. It's easy to look good when you have the best RB in football running behind you. Your man-love for the guy is really getting annoying.

LT's YPC before McNeill - 4.3.

LT's YPC with McNeill - 5.0.

LT's a great player but as you guys said all off-season long a back needs an O-line to block in front of him and now he's got one of the game's premeir left tackles in front of him. Alot of LT's touchdowns come from that left side.

You're just mad that McNeill (2 sacks) has given up less sacks than D'Brick (5 sacks) while being one of the best run-blockers in the league and never getting a holding call.

Jeff Fisher has done a terrific job this year and I think he's one of the best HC's in the NFL. Norm Chow has done a great job to bringing Vince Young along and he's definitely HC material.

Maurice Drew was one of the steals of the draft. I don't think he's the ROY but Jax got a bargain with him.

he runs evrywhere LOL vince young is a better option to me still though

It's a different position. McNeill simply isn't going to be on highlight reels. But there's a reason teams pay through the nose for franchise left tackles.

The thing to me is - McNeill is probably a top-5 left tackle right now. Young, for all his talent, isn't anywhere near a top-5 quarterback.

LT's a great player but as you guys said all off-season long a back needs an O-line to block in front of him and now he's got one of the game's premeir left tackles in front of him. Alot of LT's touchdowns come from that left side.

You're just mad that McNeill (2 sacks) has given up less sacks than D'Brick (5 sacks) while being one of the best run-blockers in the league and never getting a holding call.

That whole charger offense is damn good mcniel didnt change much and i still think LT makes a weak O-line look way better.

It's a different position. McNeill simply isn't going to be on highlight reels. But there's a reason teams pay through the nose for franchise left tackles.

The thing to me is - McNeill is probably a top-5 left tackle right now. Young, for all his talent, isn't anywhere near a top-5 quarterback.

dont overate him now ive seen alot of chargers games and he gets alot of help from the rest of there pro bowl O-line.

dont overate him now ive seen alot of chargers games and he gets alot of help from the rest of there pro bowl O-line.

Give me a list of all the San Diego pro-bowlers on their OL in the last 5 years please. Or just name one.

I see Chargers games every Sunday in our bar with a diehard bolts fan. McNeill is a beast. I have to agree with PN09 on this one, as he's a player I wanted us to take.

Give me a list of all the San Diego pro-bowlers on their OL in the last 5 years please. Or just name one.

I see Chargers games every Sunday in our bar with a diehard bolts fan. McNeill is a beast. I have to agree with PN09 on this one, as he's a player I wanted us to take.

hes good but not walter jones status yet

MVP: Ladainian Tomlinson, Chargers

Runner-Up: Steven Jackson ,Rams

Coach of The Year: Eric Mangini, Jets

Runner Up : Sean Payton, Saints

Offensive Rookie of The Year: Maurice Jones-Drew,Jags

Runner-Up: Vince Young ,Texans/Reggie Bush ,Saints

Defensive Rookie of The Year: DeMeco Ryans, Texans

Runner-Up: Kamerion Wimbley ,Browns

Comeback Player of The Year: Drew Brees, Saints

Runner-Up: Chad Pennington, Jets

Most Improved Player: Jerricho Cotchery, Jets

Runner-Up: Lee Evans, Bills

I had never heard of him. From what i remember of the draft the class was

1 Brick

2 winston justice

3 eric winston (the miami guy, i can't remember his name)

McNeill was never mentioned in the top three. unless i really missed something there.

2005 12 of 18 td's came from the left side

2004 6 of 17 (9 were up the middle)

2003 4 of 13 (8 were up the middle)

2002 5 of 14

2001 3 of 10

Sense a pattern? I do. 12 of 18 last year before McNeill came from the left side. He didn't just start running there this year.

I'm not mad at all. I think Brick will do just fine. Your posts just get annoying because you fail to realize that teams KNOW we're going to be passing because our running game is crap. When you have a threat like LT in the backfield, it keeps defenses honest and it's a lot harder to rush the passer. That's what we need. I'm not saying McNeill is bad at all, I think he's very good. But the way you gush over him is what gets annoying. We have Brick. The Chargers have McNeill. Wondering what might have been is pointless. Cheer for the players we have, instead of the ones who don't matter to our team.

Oh, and how is his neck stinger doing? Could it have anything to do with the narrowing of the spine that was discovered which was why he slid in the draft? Who knows, but it bears watching.

COY-Mangini. If he gets us to the playoffs it is far greater an accomplishment than Payton's. Payton has a premeir QB, premeir RB, premier slash type player, 2 premier WR's. We have a bunch of average Joe's. If Payton wins it is only for NO getting the sympathy vote.

MVP-Tomlinson. Brees has a nice case but Tomlinson had had a historic year and carries that team.

OROY-Young. Jones-Drew and Colston runners up.

DROY-Demeco Ryans. No one else comes close in this category.

Comeback Player-Chad. Brees also had a nice one but most fans and analysts proclaimed Chad's career to be over prior to the season starting, where as Brees might have missed some time at worst.

Most Improved-Tie Losman/Alex Smith.

I had never heard of him. From what i remember of the draft the class was

1 Brick

2 winston justice

3 eric winston (the miami guy, i can't remember his name)

McNeill was never mentioned in the top three. unless i really missed something there.

He was slightly ahead of Eric Winston by most (but not by all). Brick was expected to get picked top-5; Justice was expected ~#10; McNeill & Winston were both expected between #20-#30. I was pretty surprised when McNeill got past Dallas. He hadn't given up a sack in 3 years & was a true road-grader on top of that. The knock on him was that he had a narrow spinal column (injury potential). But for that, he was a better prospect than Brick.

And Walter "the NFL's best left tackle" Jones didn't seem so great this year without Hutchinson next to him. My only point was that all year long McNeill is a lot closer to Walter Jones' level than Young is to Peyton Manning's level.

Young has been excellent as a rookie, but the thing is he's also received the benefit of circumstance to an extent:

• The Giants game, as everyone knows, should've been long over but for Kiwanuka afraid to wrap him up on a sack & get a flag. Would've been a turnover on downs on Ten's 24 yd line with under 3 minutes left in the game & the Giants up 10 pts. To his credit, Young DID take advantage of this opportunity, but the opportunity was gift-wrapped for them. And the Giants (much to my joy) did kind of suck already.
  • Jax dominated them (again) & Ten won b/c of 3 TD's by defense & special teams - Vince Young led them to a total of zero points; even the FG was on a drive Ten started on Jax's 14 yd line;
  • against Washington, Travis Henry had like 180 rushing yds. Young put up 160 yds & barely completed half his passes, and scored 1 TD against the NFL's softest pass defense (ranked #32/32 in pass ypa, pass td's, and interceptions).
  • vs Philly, the Titans hardly won b/c of Young's 150 total yds & 1 TD: it was Henry's 70-yd TD run, Pac-Man's 90-yd punt return TD & another fumble return TD - Young led them to 10 of their 31 pts plus Philly lost McNabb after 1 quarter when it was a 4-pt game;
  • vs Indy, Vinatieri missed a 2nd-half FG & Brionas kicked a 60-yard FG to end the game while Manning had his first int>td ratio in a year.
  • Two wins against Houston. Young played well, and they DID win (it's not like Houston will be 0-16 at the close of the season) but this IS Houston with the NFL's #29 ranked defense we're talking about.
  • Young played a GREAT game vs Buffalo that Jauron blew by going for 4th & 5 (JP threw a pick) instead of letting Lindell attempt a 46-yd FG with under a minute left (Lindell already kicked 5 FG's that game including a 45-yarder).

Now everyone with a good record has beaten a bunch of stinkers, so I hardly hold that against Young. But at least 4 of their 7 wins Young either kind of went along for the ride (Jax, Was, Phi) or would've been a loss but for Kiwanuka refusing to tackle him & end the game.

This isn't meant to rip Young a new one (though re-reading now it seems that way). He is all sorts of fun to watch. Very exciting player who saves his best for the end of the game. I still think McNeill has been more impressive in his role, though. Saying LT would've scored >30 TD's without him is as silly & convenient as saying the Titans would've won the same # of games with Kerry Collins.

Vince Young deserves some votes for MVP. Tell me which player including LT has had a greater impact on their teams performance. The Chargers would be contending without LT the Titans would have 2 wins without Vince Young.

Read the post directly above yours.

If Vince Young should be MVP, Pacman Jones should be DPOY.

Archived