Interesting last line here...

SoFlaJets

These Jets know they will not be outcoached. They know that the magnitude of the moment will not overwhelm The Natural. "I learned that first of all, he's a smart guy," Bryan Thomas said. "He knows football. He's the type of person that's very demanding, that he expects his players to know every aspect of the game. He brings the best out of his players. He puts his players in the best position to go out there and make plays and do the things right. Since he's been here, I feel like I've been in the best shape I've been in my five years here."

These Jets know they will not be outcoached. They know that the magnitude of the moment will not overwhelm The Natural. "I learned that first of all, he's a smart guy," Bryan Thomas said. "He knows football. He's the type of person that's very demanding, that he expects his players to know every aspect of the game. He brings the best out of his players. He puts his players in the best position to go out there and make plays and do the things right. Since he's been here, I feel like I've been in the best shape I've been in my five years here."

Thats a hell of a tribute to Coach Mangini..As fans we can ask no more of this staff.Our team is never outcoached or unprepared and the coach commands respect and demands full attention from everyone in the organzation at all times.

I wonder if Vilma feels the same way.

I wonder if Vilma feels the same way.

pretty sure he's happier now with less tackles than last year and a chance to go to the playoffs than he was last year...I guarantee you he wouldn't trade his season of '05 for '06

hey also remember he had a lot more plays to rack up those numbers last year 2-7...the defense was on the field 15 more minutes a game than they are now

have the jets locked up vilma to a long term contract? honestly from the way it sounds vilma doesn't have an ego that most other high 1st rd picks usually have. he's said he likes playing traffic director on the defense and he's proving that he's more valuable than his stats really prove

and lawngnome....remember it took Bruschi till his second year to really understand and start thriving in this defensive system-that's what the coach said a couple of months ago

What does Vilma taking the playoffs over tackles have to do with his feelings about whether he is being used correctly? Maybe he will fill the role better next year, but he has not looked as good as he did in the past. Maybe the scheme is not suited to him. It's not possible to make everybody happy. I won't quibble with Mangini's success, but I still think he's more of a player than Bryan Thomas and I'd rather see schemes designed to have Vilma make plays than Thomas. Vilma did make the playoffs in '04 playing a regular MLB, so this 3-4 is not the only way to win.

Archived