JETS running back for 2007, found our guy.

ECURB

This will be a very interesting offseason/ draft.

We didn't have a lot of 'sexy' acquisitions to our squad the first go around.

We built from the ground up with the line (which, keep in mind, still needs a few more pieces).

BUT, we will have the chance to acquire Turner from SD, or a chance to draft a stud.

I'm psyched to see who we bring in to be our RB for many years to come.

This will be a very interesting offseason/ draft.

We didn't have a lot of 'sexy' acquisitions to our squad the first go around.

We built from the ground up with the line (which, keep in mind, still needs a few more pieces).

BUT, we will have the chance to acquire Turner from SD, or a chance to draft a stud.

I'm psyched to see who we bring in to be our RB for many years to come.

id say keep the guys we have (houston and Leon)...dump barlow of course

Yea, the big question will be if we can find someone who is better than Cedric.

Washington, in my opinion has kind of solidifed his position (as much as Mangini would love to say he hasn't, he has) as a viable option for a 3rd down running back in this leauge.

If we don't get someone who is signifigantly better than houston, there's really no point.

I still think all we need to spring the run game is an RT, an RG and a big target for Chad, either a big WR, perhaps Randy Moss, or a big pass catching TE, and I'm hoping that can be found somewhere in the draft. If there is a refusal to give a big pass catching option to the QB, we need to upgrade the QB position to such that the QB is so good he doesn't need that option. I think it's easier just to get Randy Moss and fix the right side of the O-line though personally.

I still think all we need to spring the run game is an RT, an RG and a big target for Chad, either a big WR, perhaps Randy Moss, or a big pass catching TE, and I'm hoping that can be found somewhere in the draft. If there is a refusal to give a big pass catching option to the QB, we need to upgrade the QB position to such that the QB is so good he doesn't need that option. I think it's easier just to get Randy Moss and fix the right side of the O-line though personally.

Completely disagree.

Randy Moss is a stoned dream for Jets fans.

It breeds a wonderful fantasy, but in the end it be nothing but a HUGE let down that will **** with the team chemistry.

I think Baker has shown he can catch the ball in big spots, but Chad doesn't seem to key in on the TE in our offense.

O-line I agree on, completely.

Cedric should not be considered to be the starter. HE is not durable enough.

Get Turner from SD, keep Washington as the change of pace guy and Houston can be the plan b. I am fine with that. But they need an upgrade at the position.

Completely disagree.

Randy Moss is a stoned dream for Jets fans.

It breeds a wonderful fantasy, but in the end it be nothing but a HUGE let down that will **** with the team chemistry.

I think Baker has shown he can catch the ball in big spots, but Chad doesn't seem to key in on the TE in our offense.

O-line I agree on, completely.

I don't think I've ever heard of a pure WC offense with only small WRs, it's not mentioned much, but Chad has been running a WC without the aid of that big target. I do not think he is good enough to pull that off. Baker isn't really the big target I have in mind. Baker is listed at 6'3 but I don't think he's even 6'2, although maybe I'm wrong. McCarreins is supposed to be our big target at 6'2, but I'm not sure if he is that height either. Moss is listed at 6'4, and even though it's only an inch, I do think it makes a big difference. We don't have to get Randy Moss specifically, just a good big pass catching option around that height, and maybe half the ability would be enough. I just mention Moss because I think he will be available, and don't know any one else that fits that need like he does.

Could any draft experts tell me if there is a WR/TE like what I have in mind in the draft, and if so, would we be in position to draft him?

id say keep the guys we have (houston and Leon)...dump barlow of course

Agreed. I like Houston and Leon. Add a big RT maybe, to help with blocking, and we should be good to go.

I won't cry if we add another RB, but it better be someone spectacular.

Cedric should not be considered to be the starter. HE is not durable enough.

Great point.

Sure, he runs hard, but he is always getting banged up.

There is a possibility that he could play through these injuries, IF HE WAS TRULY THE MAIN MAN, but Mangini doesn't have a 'main man' at RB.

And Cedric has yet to be truly depended on in a big spot.

He has a chance this weekend to shred a dreadful Raiders run defense, especially in the face their dominant pass defense.

This is Cedric's week to lock up the RB position for the playoffs.

I definitely wouldn't mind picking Turner up in FA, other than that I am good with who we have. I agree that there is no need to draft a guy that wouldn't be much better than Cedric and you see have seen what happens when you draft O-liners in the first round :)

You don't draft a G or RT in the 1st round though, that's considered a wasted pick since you can get them later on. It'd be like taking a punter with the first rounder. Then again, they used to say the same thing about C, but I'm glad with the guy we have. Whatever Tangini decides, I'm sure it's the right decision.

1st round we might go DE this year. The offense needs some work still, but I think the flaws can be handled later in day 1, the defense really needs some serious attention though.

I don't think I've ever heard of a pure WC offense with only small WRs, it's not mentioned much, but Chad has been running a WC without the aid of that big target. I do not think he is good enough to pull that off. Baker isn't really the big target I have in mind. Baker is listed at 6'3 but I don't think he's even 6'2, although maybe I'm wrong. McCarreins is supposed to be our big target at 6'2, but I'm not sure if he is that height either. Moss is listed at 6'4, and even though it's only an inch, I do think it makes a big difference. We don't have to get Randy Moss specifically, just a good big pass catching option around that height, and maybe half the ability would be enough. I just mention Moss because I think he will be available, and don't know any one else that fits that need like he does.

Could any draft experts tell me if there is a WR/TE like what I have in mind in the draft, and if so, would we be in position to draft him?

We do not run a WC offense.

I would rather move Nugent to RB than waste a pick on Eric Shelton pt. II.

Peterson, Lynch, Turner, Irons, or bust.

Agreed.

Peterson is out of our range unless we come up with one hell of a package deal to launch ourselves into the Top 3-5.

As for Lynch, I don't think he's going to make it past the Top 15 so we would have to package up to deal to move up and take him as well.

Kenny Irons, however, we could grab in the second round and I wouldn't mind at all bringing in Kenny. He's a bruising back who rarely goes down on the first hit.

Kenny Irons looks really good, but is he really a big upgrade over Houston? We need to make sure wer get our BEST upgrade possible out of every pick still... we cant be picky yet.

I like Lynch though... would be nice...

How about that FB from Rutgers MadMike... what do you think?

I live right next to Cal and I have seen Lynch play almost every came of his starting career. Simply put, the man is a beast. He runs hard, still has moves to shake defenders, he can catch, and he will play hurt.

However there have been incidents where hes missed playing time due to disciplinary issues. Missing team meetings, etc. So the whole question of the "Mangini Mold" comes into play. Is this a guy that our coaching staff would draft? Personally, I would want them to. I think under Mangini he would be a pretty straight shooter.

In short, he reminds me of a poor mans LT. Still, a poor man's LT is better than almost any other runningback in the NFL.

Archived