Herm- luck not involved in Chiefs making playoffs

faba

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He came onto a team that was loaded with talent and they stunk his first two years until he brough in Martz to run his O. Martz turned the O around and the team went from an outright loser to SB champs that year

Now Martz gets all the credit? Sure there was talent but isaac bruce was always hurt and Tory holt didn't becom a Ram until 1999 along w/ some guy named Faulk. In '97 lawrence Phillips was their leading rusher, bruce played 12 games and the #2 WR was Torrance Small and the QB was Tony banks. That doresn't sound like alot of talent. In '98 Banks and Steve Bono were the QBs, the leading rusher was June henley w/ 313 yds. Bruce played in 5 games so the leading WRs were Ricky proehl(a good #3) and bruce even though he only played 5 games. Does this sound loike talent to you?

It came together in '99 after bruce got healthy, they drfated Holt, they acquired Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner emerged. Martz was a coincidence as waas proven after Vermeil left the rams and Martz ruined a potential dynasty.

Now Martz gets all the credit? Sure there was talent but isaac bruce was always hurt and Tory holt didn't becom a Ram until 1999 along w/ some guy named Faulk. In '97 lawrence Phillips was their leading rusher, bruce played 12 games and the #2 WR was Torrance Small and the QB was Tony banks. That doresn't sound like alot of talent. In '98 Banks and Steve Bono were the QBs, the leading rusher was June henley w/ 313 yds. Bruce played in 5 games so the leading WRs were Ricky proehl(a good #3) and bruce even though he only played 5 games. Does this sound loike talent to you?

It came together in '99 after bruce got healthy, they drfated Holt, they acquired Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner emerged. Martz was a coincidence as waas proven after Vermeil left the rams and Martz ruined a potential dynasty.

98 the Rams went 4 and 12 with a loaded team that beat us 30 to 10 that year the same year we had our best team since the 69 team lost to the Chiefs in the playoffs.

He has an good not great regular season and playoff record. He quit on the Eagles, quit on the Rams and than underachieved with a real good KC squad before quitting on them.

98 the Rams went 4 and 12 with a loaded team that beat us 30 to 10 that year the same year we had our best team since the 69 team lost to the Chiefs in the playoffs.

He has an good not great regular season and playoff record. He quit on the Eagles, quit on the Rams and than underachieved with a real good KC squad before quitting on them.

Did you not read my post? They had Tony Banks at QB, JUNE HENLEY led them in rushing, Ricky Proehl was their leading WR- how were they loaded again? If I remember correctly I think Bruce played in that game(1 of only 5 that year) and we had Glen Foley starting and Curtis was out w/ an injury.

Did you not read my post? They had Tony Banks at QB, JUNE HENLEY led them in rushing, Ricky Proehl was their leading WR- how were they loaded again? If I remember correctly I think Bruce played in that game(1 of only 5 that year) and we had Glen Foley starting and Curtis was out w/ an injury.

Yes I read your post, and did you read mine. What about Philadelphia and KC? Vinny did play in the St. Louis game, Bruce did play, Foley did play. They destroyed us in every phase of the game.

Yes I read your post, and did you read mine. What about Philadelphia and KC? Vinny did play in the St. Louis game, Bruce did play, Foley did play. They destroyed us in every phase of the game.

Vinny came in late, the game was out of hand. bruce did play for opnly 1 of FIVE times all year.

Please explain to me how a team w/ Tony banks at QB, June henley at RB and Ricky proehl as their top WR is a loaded team?

In Philadelphia he took over in 1976, they had not had a winning record since 1966, they had not played in a postseason game since 1960 and had not won a postseason game since 1960. By 1978 they were in the the playoffs again, by '79 had a playoff win then by '80 they were in a SUPER BOWL. Vermeil left after the strike shortened '82 season and Philly had 5 losing seasons in a row and wouldn't win another playoff game until 1992.

in KC he did get them a bye in '03 but they lost, he got them to postseason for the 1st time since 1997. he didn't finish the job but he was at the end of his career.

Vinny came in late, the game was out of hand. bruce did play for opnly 1 of FIVE times all year.

Please explain to me how a team w/ Tony banks at QB, June henley at RB and Ricky proehl as their top WR is a loaded team?

In Philadelphia he took over in 1976, they had not had a winning record since 1966, they had not played in a postseason game since 1960 and had not won a postseason game since 1960. By 1978 they were in the the playoffs again, by '79 had a playoff win then by '80 they were in a SUPER BOWL. Vermeil left after the strike shortened '82 season and Philly had 5 losing seasons in a row and wouldn't win another playoff game until 1992.

in KC he did get them a bye in '03 but they lost, he got them to postseason for the 1st time since 1997. he didn't finish the job but he was at the end of his career.

I guess you would consider Gruden, Holmgren and Shanahan HOF HC right now if you thing Vermeil is. All of them have much better records than Vermeil. I take nothing away from Vermeil winning a SB with by far the best team in football, but frankly a lot of less than HOF coaches have done that. Tom Flores did more than Vermeil did.

I guess you would consider Gruden, Holmgren and Shanahan HOF HC right now if you thing Vermeil is. All of them have much better records than Vermeil. I take nothing away from Vermeil winning a SB with by far the best team in football, but frankly a lot of less than HOF coaches have done that. Tom Flores did more than Vermeil did.

Shanahan won 2 so yes he's in.

Holmgren has 3 SB apps and has taken 2 teams so yes he's in.

Gruden has a ways to go.

Tom flores took over a team that had won a SB 3 years earlier and was a playoff team every year and was lading Oak down late in his career then took over Seattle and did a horrible job. If he didn't go to Seattle and fail I think he'd be in, as it is I think HC's w/ 2 SBs should be a lock.

• 1 year later...

Archived