Dolphins: Wish list developed

Smizzy

Dolphins: Wish list developed

January 4, 2007 10:08 AM ET

The News

The Dolphins have already come up with a list of coaching candidates to replace the departed Nick Saban. According to the Miami Herald, potential replacements include current Steelers coach Bill Cowher, USC coach Pete Carroll, Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, and Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera. Saban's defensive coordinator, Dom Capers, expressed interest in the job as well, and it was unclear if offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey would throw his hat in the ring or not. The Herald reports that the team has already received permission to talk to Cameron later this week.

Our View

Cowher is obviously the biggest name on this list, but a lot would have to happen for him to wind up in South Beach, including the Dolphins likely having to offer him around $7 million per season, not to mention giving the Steelers draft pick compensation in turn for Pittsburgh releasing him from his current contract. Carroll has balked at returning to the NFL in recent seasons, and Cameron seems to be at the top of the list for the Cardinals already. Capers and Mularkey would seem to be long shot candidates. Owner Wayne Huizenga has proven to be a good salesman with deep pockets in the past, so count on the Dolphins pursuing their desired target very aggressively.

I don't want Rivera or Cameron in MIA.

Saban did the fins no favors at all & has left them in total disarray. gave up critical draft picks ( which was s'posed to be his strong suit ) in a qwest for the wrong q'back. laft behind a decent coaching staff & an aging defense with little hope of succeeding in the afce in the near future. Wayne seems like a decent owner who deserved better. here's hoping bama finishes dead last in the sec for years to come.

Saban did the fins no favors at all & has left them in total disarray. gave up critical draft picks ( which was s'posed to be his strong suit ) in a qwest for the wrong q'back. laft behind a decent coaching staff & an aging defense with little hope of succeeding in the afce in the near future. Wayne seems like a decent owner who deserved better. here's hoping bama finishes dead last in the sec for years to come.

Isn't Hunziega the guy that gutted the Florida Marlins- I do not call him a great owner of a franchise

Isn't Hunziega the guy that gutted the Florida Marlins- I do not call him a great owner of a franchise

good point faba. he did it twice didn't he?

I see you're agenda hasn't changed much for the new year, find fault in" the quality ones posts"

happy new years to ya faba.

I see you're agenda hasn't changed much for the new year, find fault in" the quality ones posts"

joewilly you should be happy- at least one person is paying attention to your posts- touche

I thought this was as good a place as any to post this. If this has been posted elsewhere, I apologize. It's really a shame that this jerk isn't staying:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/01/05/a8c_sabanside_0105.html

Saban slams GMs on way out

By Jason Lieser

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Friday, January 05, 2007

TUSCALOOSA, Ala.

I thought this was as good a place as any to post this. If this has been posted elsewhere, I apologize. It's really a shame that this jerk isn't staying:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/01/05/a8c_sabanside_0105.html

Saban slams GMs on way out

By Jason Lieser

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Friday, January 05, 2007

TUSCALOOSA, Ala.

Wayne sold the team off in 1997 after the World Series. The new owner Luria did it before the 2005 season.

Archived