Cut Brad Kassell

madmike1

It's hard to blame one guy when the defense just gave up about 70 yards before that play.A lot of people did a lot of things wrong on that drive.
If he is a capable player they kick a FG there we're in the game at halftime. That play was a huge momentum shift.

If he is a capable player they kick a FG there we're in the game at halftime. That play was a huge momentum shift.

No doubt it was a bad play but thumping your chest after giving up a 70 yard scoring drive is pathetic.Kessel is a run stopper and we probably should of had a more athletic linemen in for that play,it was an obvious passing situation.

He was SINGLE HANDEDLY responsible for NE's TD at the end of the half to graham. The jets had that play defended PERFECTLY and Kassell just was too slow to cover Graham. The guy is just awful...

You cant blame Kassell for this play. He shouldnt have been on the field when the ball was snapped. Mangini, Sutton, Belicheck, and even Phil Sims and Jim Nance knew that the Pats were going to throw the ball so why did the Jets have their goal line package (which includes Kassell) in for that play. A time out had been called Barton could have been subbed back in.

As for Kassell being a run stuffer, where's your evidence. He might have been a run stopper in Tennesee in the 4-3 but he cant get off blocks and gets destroyed by the lead blocker in the hole. Barton was so much better from about hte 4th game on that I was frequently amazed at how much PT Kassell got.

He did make one good play on the Jets goal line stand where he flowed to the ball carrier trying to get outside and made the tackle, but no one tried to block him on that play.

You cant blame Kassell for this play. He shouldnt have been on the field when the ball was snapped. Mangini, Sutton, Belicheck, and even Phil Sims and Jim Nance knew that the Pats were going to throw the ball so why did the Jets have their goal line package (which includes Kassell) in for that play. A time out had been called Barton could have been subbed back in.

As for Kassell being a run stuffer, where's your evidence. He might have been a run stopper in Tennesee in the 4-3 but he cant get off blocks and gets destroyed by the lead blocker in the hole. Barton was so much better from about hte 4th game on that I was frequently amazed at how much PT Kassell got.

He did make one good play on the Jets goal line stand where he flowed to the ball carrier trying to get outside and made the tackle, but no one tried to block him on that play.

I meant to say he's strictly a run defender rather than an actual player who stuffs the run.But for what it's worth he stops the run better than Vilma.

No doubt it was a bad play but thumping your chest after giving up a 70 yard scoring drive is pathetic.Kessel is a run stopper and we probably should of had a more athletic linemen in for that play,it was an obvious passing situation.

Just too clarify madmike,I mean that we couldn't take that much from that drive anyway.We had still witnessed the momentum swing back in the Pats favour even if we did hold them to 3.I'm not calling you pathetic.

I'm having trouble conveying what I'm trying to say today.

He was SINGLE HANDEDLY responsible for NE's TD at the end of the half to graham. The jets had that play defended PERFECTLY and Kassell just was too slow to cover Graham. The guy is just awful...

I meant to say he's strictly a run defender rather than an actual player who stuffs the run.But for what it's worth he stops the run better than Vilma.

Vilma is much better, even against the run than Kassell. Vilma is frequently able to plug his gap even if he doesnt make the play and sometimes out quicks his blockers.

no offense man but are you kidding me when you say Kassell is better than vilma at run D. its bad enough to say Kassell is better than ANYTHING when compared to vilma. Kassell is just an average LB who comes up with big plays on occasion.
He didn't make a big play all year. He sucks and shouldn't be on the team next year.

Vilma is much better, even against the run than Kassell. Vilma is frequently able to plug his gap even if he doesnt make the play and sometimes out quicks his blockers.

I guess we're going to have agree to disagree.

I don't believe Vilma plugs his hole,he gets blown off the ball more frequently than Kassell.Vilma doesn't take on defenders head on like a 3-4 ILB should do,Vilma keeps trying to run around his blocker instead of engaging him,he playsas if he's still in the 3-4.

I think Vilma is a great player but he's not suited to this defense.He's been our worst starting line backer this year,although I also have to admit he's been our best coverage line backer this year.

Kassell is the one with his back to the QB on the TD play action....what a retard. In that situation his NO. 1 JOB is looking Brady down and then following the ball (if indeed he was doing his job he would have had an INT...i.e. remember what Urlacker did to Penny). He was sooooo out of position I couldn't believe it.........but to cut him? That's a bit much....

Kassell, Chatham, E. Smith, Schleigel.

I dont know why the CS has a preference for too slow defensive guys.

Classroom work goes only so far, especially when Kassell bites on the play action like Tyson bites on an ear.

I understand why Mangini likes those kind of players because he's used to guys like Vrabel Johnson and Burschi who are slow but are able to make plays with perfect positioning. We don't know if the guys the Jets drafted can fit into that mold or not.

Archived