More Unreal Stuff From Herm

BP

By Adam Teicher

McClatchy Newspapers

(MCT)

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - One day after a pathetic performance bounced his team from the playoffs, Herm Edwards promised offensive changes for the Chiefs in 2007.

Edwards said he couldn't be specific about many of the changes because they are still to be decided. But he indicated they would probably include a different scheme_and maybe a new starting quarterback.

They won't include a new coordinator. Edwards said Mike Solari would continue in that job no matter what type of offense the Chiefs use.

Edwards also said defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham and the rest of his assistant coaches would be welcome to return next season.

Edwards has contemplated changes through the course of a bumpy offensive season. Saturday's 23-8 loss to the Colts in a first-round playoff game in Indianapolis helped drive home the point.

The Chiefs had 126 yards and failed to get a first down until their eighth possession.

"We didn't handle their speed real well," Edwards said.

"We have to take a hard look at ourselves. You have to be realistic and ask yourself if we're really capable of (successfully running their current system). I want to make sure of one thing: Whatever type of system we run, young players have to be able to play. They can't wait a year or two to get on the field. I don't want to be in a situation where young guys who have some talent can't play because the system is too complex.

"There are some things we do very well. There are things we can do even better. That's what I'm talking about here: How do we do these things better? It's not a laundry list of things. These are just things that allow us to get the football to the right players."

Edwards said the Chiefs would keep their power running game centered on Larry Johnson and a play-action passing game. But they will simplify by cutting back on the number of plays and their complexities.

Those changes would be aimed toward making things easier for younger players. Edwards wouldn't identify those players he would like to play more next season, but he may have been talking about rookie wide receivers Jeff Webb and Chris Hannon and perhaps even rookie quarterback Brodie Croyle.

"I just know it has to be player-friendly," Edwards said. "It has to be something that young players at all positions can play. I want to give the quarterback even more ability to change some things at the line of scrimmage. I want him to have the ability to get to anything we have right now.

Edwards wouldn't address the issue of whether Trent Green would return as the starting quarterback. Green's play dropped off significantly this season after he missed eight games because of a concussion.

"That's not even something we're discussing right now," Edwards said. "There are a whole lot of other things we have to do as far as the program before we start worrying about player situations. That's second on the agenda."

But his refusal to back Green, who will turn 37 next summer, speaks loudly. The conservative Edwards believes in ball control above all. Green committed three turnovers in the final regular-season game against Jacksonville and three more in the loss to the Colts.

He had no such hesitation about supporting Solari, a career offensive-line coach until promoted to coordinator by Edwards this season.

"I told Mike today that he did a good job for his first year," Edwards said. "That's a tough seat he's sitting in. A lot of the things that happened to us - losing some players, losing the quarterback_affected him. He had never called an offensive play. That's hard. He will be so much better next year. It won't even be close.

"Mike's the guy. He's going to be a heck of an offensive coordinator. Next year will be a lot different for him. I was so much better my second year as a head coach. He'll gain more confidence. He knows me better now. Mike had to learn the passing game. You don't learn that in a year unless you're a coordinator. He was an offensive-line coach. That's something he had to go through."

Edwards also said he was pleased with how he and Cunningham worked together.

"We think a whole lot alike as far as the things we want to get done," he said. "I know people think he's blitz-crazy, but he's really not. He's got to do what the players allow him to do."

Just for Jet Mo and Southern Jet and Sperm :lol:

"We have to take a hard look at ourselves. You have to be realistic and ask yourself if we're really capable of (successfully running their current system). I want to make sure of one thing: Whatever type of system we run, young players have to be able to play. They can't wait a year or two to get on the field. I don't want to be in a situation where young guys who have some talent can't play because the system is too complex.

Jerricho Cotychery(who had a monster game yesterday)? Bryan Thomas?

I think he just has the same speeches written down and memorized. Wasn't the Jets' offense "too complex" and had to be toned down too? Playing his young players? Yeah right. Having a QB smart enough to call the plays at the LOS? He HAD that QB in NY in Chad as evidenced by how he was able to run Schott's offense and never took advantage of it. This guy is such a moron.

Edwards said he couldn't be specific about many of the changes because they are still to be decided. But he indicated they would probably include a different scheme_and maybe a new starting quarterback.

Then why is he saying there will be changes if they have not been decided??

How much more simple can you make that offense??run, run, pass, punt..sounds simple to me..

Then why is he saying there will be changes if they have not been decided??

How much more simple can you make that offense??run, run, pass, punt..sounds simple to me..

Being the retard that he is, he'll probably shorten the play calls to "Run Left", "Run Middle", "Run Right", "Draw", "Short Pass Left", "Short Pass Right", and "Short Pass Middle".

Steve Mariucci is also quoted from NFL Network reciting the "Mangini got to the playoffs with Herms team" lie.

It makes me sick, because on the Chiefs board they are already starting the scapegoating to protect Hermy, specifically how the O-line isn't any good. Poor Herm had Roaf drop a bomb on him, and he could never recover. Yeah, because Willie Roaf retired, the Chiefs couldn't get a single first down in the first half of a playoff game. And not for nothing, Hermy got the job back in January. He had 9 months to put together an O-line. He had 8 draft picks in April. His solution? He signed Kyle Turley.

Meanwhile, Mangini used his first two picks to draft O-linemen. Yeah, but this is "Herms team". :roll:

FU Mooch. No wonder Ford fired your stupid *ss. Thats pretty sad, even Matt Millen cant get fired for stupidity, so you must have been really stupid.

Steve Mariucci is also quoted from NFL Network reciting the "Mangini got to the playoffs with Herms team" lie.

It makes me sick, because on the Chiefs board they are already starting the scapegoating to protect Hermy, specifically how the O-line isn't any good. Poor Herm had Roaf drop a bomb on him, and he could never recover. Yeah, because Willie Roaf retired, the Chiefs couldn't get a single first down in the first half of a playoff game. And not for nothing, Hermy got the job back in January. He had 9 months to put together an O-line. He had 8 draft picks in April. His solution? He signed Kyle Turley.

Meanwhile, Mangini used his first two picks to draft O-linemen. Yeah, but this is "Herms team". :roll:

FU Mooch. No wonder Ford fired your stupid *ss. Thats pretty sad, even Matt Millen cant get fired for stupidity, so you must have been really stupid.

gotta play the pc game if he wants another head coach position. herm is a front office favorite. everyone knows it. herm reminds me of "the emporer's new clothes"-- everyone knows he's borderline retarded but everyone is afraid to say anything for some reason...

gotta play the pc game if he wants another head coach position. herm is a front office favorite. everyone knows it. herm reminds me of "the emporer's new clothes"-- everyone knows he's borderline retarded but everyone is afraid to say anything for some reason...

Herm's done alot of stupid sht in 6 years, but when he was actually guffawing on the sideline, chattering away with an NFL cameraman about some stupid inside joke he lost a bet to Dungy that Lovie Smith wouldn't pick up the tab or some stupid *ss sht like that IN THE MIDDLE OF A PLAYOFF GAME it truly defies words.

So bus marks are on Trent Green .

Solari is being saved for Year 2.

So he changed the #1 offense Vermeil had. His failed so he says we have to change.

The bigger question should be 'why did you change it in fisrt place?'

All the crap we went through, the Chiefs are in the process of, or will eventually go through. Among his many other "qualities", Herm has the ability to polarize groups of people.

So bus marks are on Trent Green .

Solari is being saved for Year 2.

So he changed the #1 offense Vermeil had. His failed so he says we have to change.

The bigger question should be 'why did you change it in fisrt place?'

because he's too stupid to understand it and he hired a career o-line coach to be his o-coordinator because he's afraid to bring on someone who could show him up.

Herm's done alot of stupid sht in 6 years, but when he was actually guffawing on the sideline, chattering away with an NFL cameraman about some stupid inside joke he lost a bet to Dungy that Lovie Smith wouldn't pick up the tab or some stupid *ss sht like that IN THE MIDDLE OF A PLAYOFF GAME it truly defies words.

"trent made me do it. told me to get a laugh or two about last night's dinner. trent made a bad call, but i don't really blame him it just might be time for a new direction. i'm the coach and i'm going to simplify my sideline banter next year. supe up the humor, but less inside jokes so it's easier for rookie reporters to understand. it's all subtext. besides it wasn't a joke-- lovie is a cheap s.o.b. but enough about that, i'm making dick curl my humor coordinator next year. i think kyle turley was in a school play too, maybe he can make a conversion to comic foil. i don't know, we'll try some new stuff next year."

because he's too stupid to understand it and he hired a career o-line coach to be his o-coordinator because he's afraid to bring on someone who could show him up.

same reason peterson hired Herm. Didnt want another great coach like Vermeil stealing the thunder.

same reason peterson hired Herm. Didnt want another great coach like Vermeil stealing the thunder.

Do you know Peterson never interviewed anybody(just Al Saunders really quick)for that job??Herm is his man..hell or high water..Peterson is a moron too

Archived