Tell the Patriots to Just Shut Up

Lurker

This is all Mark Gastineau's fault. :P

This whole thing is just stupid. LT, while I loved the shot he took at the Pats was out of line especially with the Gastineau Jr (Merriman) running around like a shot wild animal everytime he makes a play.

It is getting to a point where the NFL may just want to ban celebrations of any kind. I know they have no it before and everyone starts screaming about the NFL being the "No Fun League" but if you don't then you get the jack@sses like T.O., Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Shawn Merriman's that make a broadway production out of little play they make or you end up with situations like you had Sunday.

The Pats were generally above all this until the Eagles Super Bowl with all the T.O. mocking and now you can add this black eye and yes it is a blackeye because that is not the way Kraft wants his players to behave. For Kraft he has preached class and humility during those Super Bowl wins.

I won't take anything away from the Pats win. You can't sit there and keep handing Brady chances. They should have been above the acting the way the Chargers did in the game.

In today's world a couple of bad apples can shed a bad light on an organization. The Pats are taking the hit, it is deserved. Now let's see how BB and some of the old guard (Brady, Bruschi, Seymour etc) ignore it and will they address it.

LT takes exception. He's allowed to. Everyone has an opinion. Even a "classy" mvp who just lost a divisional playoff game.

And then there's this. Human nature to mourn a loss, he feels robbed, he can't change it, he's mad, and it's beyond his control. I can't blame the guy for his disappointment, but to have your face rubbed in it, how necessary is that? Even if it's 'payback', does stooping to that level 'even the score'? I don't think many Patriots fans would actually defend that. There's no such thing as true sportsmanship anymore, a disheartening thing. It's why it's so refreshing - and unexpected - when you do see it. They should have taken the high road, and they didn't.

One more thing - it bugged the bejesus out of me when having to listen to the J-E-T-S JETS, JETS, JETS chant at Gillette almost two weeks ago. Was that disrepectful? I endured it. What coudl I have done? Nothing. I was just hoping the Pats would win - not that it stopped that J-E-T-S JETS, JETS JETS chant at all. I heard it again for good measure AFTER the game too.

Fans can be and should be able to be fans in any venue. It's only when some cross the line, but it isn't worth it to let it spoil your time. I like to watch justice do the job on them. Nothing like seeing inciteful dopes get thrown out. Especially lit ones who try to throw drunken punches. :)

Really? Please elaborate.

Couple years ago in the season he was traded to Seattle, Rice was still playing for the Raiders. The Raiders were, believe it or not, actually winning the game by a decisive margin, however, Rice was catchless for the first time in God knows how long. Knowing his precious record was about to end, Rice goes over to the sidelines IN A BLOWOUT WIN and slams his helmet down in frustration.

Rice did not play so long because he "loved the game so much". He played forever to try to put all of his precious records out of reach.

And then there's this. Human nature to mourn a loss, he feels robbed, he can't change it, he's mad, and it's beyond his control. I can't blame the guy for his disappointment, but to have your face rubbed in it, how necessary is that? Even if it's 'payback', does stooping to that level 'even the score'? I don't think many Patriots fans would actually defend that. There's no such thing as true sportsmanship anymore, a disheartening thing. It's why it's so refreshing - and unexpected - when you do see it. They should have taken the high road, and they didn't.

Fans can be and should be able to be fans in any venue. It's only when some cross the line, but it isn't worth it to let it spoil your time. I like to watch justice do the job on them. Nothing like seeing inciteful dopes get thrown out. Especially lit ones who try to throw drunken punches. :)

Good God - righteous Jets fans!

So, will you be posting in the "Laugh in Garb's Face" thread "Poster 80" is salivating to start after the Pats lose on Sunday???

Good God - righteous Jets fans!

So, will you be posting in the "Laugh in Garb's Face" thread "Poster 80" is salivating to start after the Pats lose on Sunday???

HAHAHAHA. :wink: Seriously, no. I gloat generally, and rarely personally. I save that for my cousin the Giants fan. :)

Meh, maybe I was under the false impression that 'Champions' should hold themselves to a higher standard. It's like when folks get their panties in a bunch over public figures getting 'unjustly attacked' for bad behavior. Yeah, well, they're public figures, and they should be more vigilant - or pay the price of criticism.

HAHAHAHA. :wink: Seriously, no. I gloat generally, and rarely personally. I save that for my cousin the Giants fan. :)

Meh, maybe I was under the false impression that 'Champions' should hold themselves to a higher standard. It's like when folks get their panties in a bunch over public figures getting 'unjustly attacked' for bad behavior. Yeah, well, they're public figures, and they should be more vigilant - or pay the price of criticism.

Agreed. They open themselves up to critisism. Have at it.

Couple years ago in the season he was traded to Seattle, Rice was still playing for the Raiders. The Raiders were, believe it or not, actually winning the game by a decisive margin, however, Rice was catchless for the first time in God knows how long. Knowing his precious record was about to end, Rice goes over to the sidelines IN A BLOWOUT WIN and slams his helmet down in frustration.

Rice did not play so long because he "loved the game so much". He played forever to try to put all of his precious records out of reach.

That's it? Hmmm...I would have to say that if I had gone that many games with a reception and then had the streak broken I'd be pissed too. I don't see how that makes him classless.

So if we're giving the Chargers the loss as opposed to giving the Patriots the win, would it be fair for me to say that the Patriots would have won by two scores if Brady hadn't "given" the Chargers three interceptions?

there's a huge difference. Brady playing awful is part of the game. Brady turned it over 4 times and it should've been more, but SD can't catch.

What's not part of the players playing on the field is stuff like Marty making stupid decisions, SD players being stupid on the field, etc.

SD outclassed the Patriots in terms of play. Mental mistakes sunk them.

there's a huge difference. Brady playing awful is part of the game. Brady turned it over 4 times and it should've been more, but SD can't catch.

What's not part of the players playing on the field is stuff like Marty making stupid decisions, SD players being stupid on the field, etc.

SD outclassed the Patriots in terms of play. Mental mistakes sunk them.

I can't believe I'm hearing this. Coaching has nothing to do with the game? You of all people should know that's complete BS after watching your team go from Herm to Mangini.

I didn't say coaching has nothing to do with it. But the Patriots were physically outclassed. They needed Jedi mind tricks from Belichick to win the game.

That's all part of the game. Just futher proves that coaching is every bit as important as talent but Belichick has proven that before.

That's it? Hmmm...I would have to say that if I had gone that many games with a reception and then had the streak broken I'd be pissed too. I don't see how that makes him classless.

Yeah, slamming your helmet down and then sitting there sulking for the rest of the game when your team is winning is the epitome of class. Sounds like something TO would do.

I find it to be no coincidence that Rice was a Seahawk a couple weeks after that.

Yeah, slamming your helmet down and then sitting there sulking for the rest of the game when your team is winning is the epitome of class. Sounds like something TO would do.

I find it to be no coincidence that Rice was a Seahawk a couple weeks after that.

It would take a whole lot more than that before Al Davis would ship any player out of Oakland. As I receall, the Seakhawks were just desperate for a WR at the time and they took advantage of the opportunity.

Archived