Rookies..

pjam76

I don't know, so far the Saints GM and Coaching look like the geniuses this season with their rookies.

Some offensive line, Reggie Bush, and Colston.

So far Colston and Bush, both rookies, have TDs in the NFC Championship game.

Talk about a team getting great seasons out of their rookies. Not fair at all. Not only do they get probably the best FA signing of the season, they get Reggie Bush and a 7th round WR in Colston.

Jets get Mangold who played great during the season.... DBrick is no where close to being worth the 4th pick yet.

I don't know, so far the Saints GM and Coaching look like the geniuses this season with their rookies.

Some offensive line, Reggie Bush, and Colston.

So far Colston and Bush, both rookies, have TDs in the NFC Championship game.

Talk about a team getting great seasons out of their rookies. Not fair at all. Not only do they get probably the best FA signing of the season, they get Reggie Bush and a 7th round WR in Colston.

Jets get Mangold who played great during the season.... DBrick is no where close to being worth the 4th pick yet.

you base a picks worth on one season?

But based on the first seasons performance, the Jets really picked up a good player in Mangold and maybe Leon Washington.

DBrick was not worth the 4th pick in the draft.. Hopefully he improves in the next season, but until he does, right now he's closer to a bust than a pro bowler.

But based on the first seasons performance, the Jets really picked up a good player in Mangold and maybe Leon Washington.

DBrick was not worth the 4th pick in the draft.. Hopefully he improves in the next season, but until he does, right now he's closer to a bust than a pro bowler.

Not too many busts start every game at left tackle for a playoff team. Did he even miss one snap all season?

Colston didn't do well at the combine, and he almost didn't get drafted he was the fourth or third to last pick in the draft. The Saints took a chance on him and it worked out.

I was watching the East-West Shrine Bowl and they said last year Colston kinda sucked in practice, but lit it up during the game. Trouble was, most of the scouts take off when they stop practicing, so they don't pay much attention to the game. Supposedly, this year most of the scouts were planning on sticking around. Sounds fishy. I can't imagine many scouts being hoodwinked by missing a televised game. I'm not surprised the Jets didn't pick him. They would have had a pretty good chance on picking him up as an UDFA if he had lasted those last few picks.

Colston didn't do well at the combine, and he almost didn't get drafted he was the fourth or third to last pick in the draft. The Saints took a chance on him and it worked out.

Yeah nobody knew about him, nothing we could really do about that... obvioulsy not even the Saints thought very highly of him becuase he was the "scrap heap" pick for them...

Just cause you start doesn't mean your that great.

For al the hype Vick has gotten over the years, I consider him more of a bust compared to what he was supposed to be.

DBrick might start, but that kid from SD had a better year, a few other rookie OL had better years and Mangold was far superir than DBRICK.

I hope he improves, but just cause he started, doesn't really mean anything in the long run.

Just cause you start doesn't mean your that great.

For al the hype Vick has gotten over the years, I consider him more of a bust compared to what he was supposed to be.

DBrick might start, but that kid from SD had a better year, a few other rookie OL had better years and Mangold was far superir than DBRICK.

I hope he improves, but just cause he started, doesn't really mean anything in the long run.

I like Mangold, but why all the love if you feel Ferguson is basically a bust? He snaps the ball sure, but the team cannot run up the middle to save its life. Is it like Vilma? You blame it all on the guards?

Besides McNeil and Mangold what other rookie OL had better years? He's on the all rookie team. So that puts him top five there for what it's worth.

If he plays 16 games a year for 10 years and improves, then I will give you that.

But if the Jets get rid of him in 4 years and he really didn't do much but start, then no, a 4th pick wasn't worth it.

I liked the pick last year, but to me, DBrick was sort of a disappointment.

Archived