Is it really a penalty?

If my memory serves me correctly, the Jets under Herm's expert eye had more than a few occasions where there were only 10 guys on the field for the D. Of course, each time, the other team popped a big play because we were one man short. Stupid=Yes. Penalty=????

If my memory serves me correctly, the Jets under Herm's expert eye had more than a few occasions where there were only 10 guys on the field for the D. Of course, each time, the other team popped a big play because we were one man short. Stupid=Yes. Penalty=????

No it is not a penalty. Herm had such confidence in the defense. To prove it he only sent 10 of them out there. Keeping that 11th man rested was important in his book.

No it is not a penalty. Herm had such confidence in the defense. To prove it he only sent 10 of them out there. Keeping that 11th man rested was important in his book.

Herm just cant count, thats all. He thought there was 12 guys on the field so he called one back in...

I like how you can review whether there were 12 men on the field to issue a correct penalty but can't review a force out when it is blatantly a force out and the refs are too chickensh!t to make the right call on the field.

Oh yeahm, I'm still bitter.

I like how you can review whether there were 12 men on the field to issue a correct penalty but can't review a force out when it is blatantly a force out and the refs are too chickensh!t to make the right call on the field.

Oh yeahm, I'm still bitter.

We could have reviewed it, if it werent inside 2 min to go. The booth chose not to.

They need to allow coaches to review inside 2 min as well, or they need to be better about the booth calling for it.

We could have reviewed it, if it werent inside 2 min to go. The booth chose not to.

They need to allow coaches to review inside 2 min as well, or they need to be better about the booth calling for it.

That was a total load of Sheet. Losing the Browns is painful as hell, and the fact that the booth didn't think it was a force out...come on. Lost to the Browns!!! The 3 win Browns!!!!

That was a true homefield advantage (or so i tell myself)

That was a total load of Sheet. Losing the Browns is painful as hell, and the fact that the booth didn't think it was a force out...come on. Lost to the Browns!!! The 3 win Browns!!!!

That was a true homefield advantage (or so i tell myself)

We will get them back in 07' with a huge blowout...

Unfortunately force outs are unreviewable as they are a "judgment call". We had a pretty long thread about this right after that game.

Unfortunately force outs are unreviewable as they are a "judgment call". We had a pretty long thread about this right after that game.

Im pretty sure one was challeneged in the Pats-Colts game...

I think the booth just didnt call for it in our game.

Im pretty sure one was challeneged in the Pats-Colts game...

I think the booth just didnt call for it in our game.

The Colts challenged whether the pats receiver maintained possession through the end of the play and I also believe the announcers were saying that the refs could also look at whether the receiver stepped out of bounds before going up for the catch and then corrected themselves by saying oh yea, that's not reviewable, like the force out is not reviewable. Definitely no review of force out, trust me on that one because otherwise I might have set cleveland on fire.

The Colts challenged whether the pats receiver maintained possession through the end of the play and I also believe the announcers were saying that the refs could also look at whether the receiver stepped out of bounds before going up for the catch and then corrected themselves by saying oh yea, that's not reviewable, like the force out is not reviewable. Definitely no review of force out, trust me on that one because otherwise I might have set cleveland on fire.

I am almost positive they challenged that it was not a force out.

I cant find the rules on force outs anywhere... anyone know where to find them?

Archived