We really have alot of young players to build around

DefenseWinsChampionships

J.Miller- CB/KR-22 years of age. I really feel he has potential to become a top-notch CB

N.Mangold-C-23 years of age. We drafted a future pro bowler 4 years 2 come in Mangold

B.Ferguson-LT-23 years og age. Run blocking will get better, and yes... We drafted a franchise LT, great job to the Jets front office for passing on the "sexy pick"

B.Smith- WR/QB/RB-23 years of age. He is a project, I must say... A good project. With the right coaching I really believe he can be a threat for Defenses in the near future.

D.Coleman-CB-23 years of age. I think he has the skill to become the next R.Mickens for this Jets franchise. I love this kids heart

L.Washington-RB/KR-24 years of age. I have loved this guy since his FSU days... I always thought he can be an every down type back, but I now know he is a PERFECT 3rd down rb... Screens, Draws, Counters, Sweeps, Toss plays, he can do it all in the open field

K.Rhodes-S-24 years of age. Can you say Ball-Hawk? What about Playmaker? Or how about the Leader of this secondary for years to come... I love it!

C.Houston-RB-24 years of age. At 6'0/220... If healthy he can really be a strong goal-line type runner. May not be the franchise back, but at the age of 24, he has the potential to do his thang.

J.Cotchery-WR-24 years of age. Thanks to Mangini... He may go down as one of the best WR's to ever play for the JEts... And I mean that. This kid set all types of records at NC State, and may do the same for this Jets team.

E.Coleman-S-24 years of age. He takes alot of heat from Jet fans... May not be K.Rhodes, but I like what we have in him, and I hope he has a monster season next year

J.Vilma-LB- Only 24 years of age. I'm glad the next R.Lewis is on our side... Give him time in the 3-4, lets upgrade the D-Line first, and then lets see what this beast can do.

M.Nugent-K-24 years of age. After this season he just had... I guess you can say we found a solid kicker in the 2nd round... Nice job Front Office.

D.Robertson- DT-25 years of age. He really came along way this season as the NT in the 3-4... He may continue to improve, or we never know, he may make a solid run stuffing DE...

Man... In 2-3 seasons from today... THese guys will still only be like 26-27 years of age...

Future is looking bright for this team.

Eric Smith, 23 years old should also be on the list IMO. I think he's the future at SS unless Coleman plays next year like he did his rookie season. Smith seems like a hard worker and an even harder hitter. He was better than anyone could've expected this year and has the work ethic to only get better.

Eric Smith, 23 years old should also be on the list IMO. I think he's the future at SS unless Coleman plays next year like he did his rookie season. Smith seems like a hard worker and an even harder hitter. He was better than anyone could've expected this year and has the work ethic to only get better.

I agree, although I like coleman as well. But the competition should bring out the best in both of them.

Eric Smith is alright...I think he got bailed out of blown coverages this year b/c he made up for it with big hits. If you watch some of his plays he was out of position and slow to the ball....

I don't know where all this hate on Coleman comes from, I think he is an above average SS, I just don't think he improved as much as he should have since his rookie year and people hate on him for that. He is a good player though and I expect him to start on this team for a while.

I think B.Smith will be #3 QB next season. There are not any #3 QBs that passed for 8000 yrds in college no reason to use up the roster spot when you have B Smith

3rd qb can be a pretty big job...need we be reminded of 05? A lot of qb's are good in college, it doesn't mean he should be getting a roster spot as a QB.

Coleman regressed a bit last year, but it was kind of expected. Nobody expected him to hve the year he had rookie season. But with the way the defense is progressing and with E. Smith pushing him for his job I think he'll sharpen up.

We have a young squad. But we are no doubt goin to eventually lose one of guys for cap reasons. I just want us to sign Jerricho now and lock him up long-term.

Archived