PFW's TWWHI

SoFlaJets

Let's see.

He was benched by the Pats in the playoffs, so that will be the Patsie trolls spin on this. I would take him, however. My reasons:

-Addition by subtraction. Not only adding a piece to our puzzle, but taking away from the Pats.

-Familiarity with Mangini's 3/4 scheme.

-Possible move of Vilma to the outside? This could be a plus.

Let's see.

He was benched by the Pats in the playoffs, so that will be the Patsie trolls spin on this. I would take him, however. My reasons:

-Addition by subtraction. Not only adding a piece to our puzzle, but taking away from the Pats.

You're thinking of moving TBC to ILB? Good luck with that. He's a situational pass rusher that is horrid against the run (that's why he was benched). Vilma's strong suit is stopping the run, not rushing the passer. You can go ahead and bank on Mangini NOT being crazy enough to even ponder doing this. He might however bring him in as a situational pass rusher. Are you really taking away from anyone when they don't want what's being "taken" to begin with?

You're thinking of moving TBC to ILB? Good luck with that. He's a situational pass rusher that is horrid against the run (that's why he was benched). Vilma's strong suit is stopping the run, not rushing the passer. You can go ahead and bank on Mangini NOT being crazy enough to even ponder doing this. He might however bring him in as a situational pass rusher. Are you really taking away from anyone when they don't want what's being "taken" to begin with?

I wish you didn't have that avatar...creeps the Chit out of me.

:pats:

The pros of getting him are that he's familiar with the 3-4 system and he would add depth to a position that needs depth right now. But the cons are that was a bench player to start the season who got benched in the playoffs because he wasn't performing. I would get him as a backup if he comes at a cheap price, but I still would look to fill that OLB position via the draft.

Let's see.

The spin is he was a 7th rounder that tried to transform from a college DE to a 3-4 LBer. He is what he is. He would probably be best suited for situational pass rush. He is not a guy that has shown he is an answer. He woule be a nice addition, but not if he is getting starter money.

Archived