Patsys Tag Samuel

madmike1

Graham isn't an upgrade from Baker. Just because a player was on NE doesn't mean he's great.

You're right, he's not an upgrade because he is from NE, he's an upgrade because HE IS better than Baker and it's not even close. He's easily AS GOOD a receiver as Baker and as far as blocking, there is no comparison.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're right, he's not an upgrade because he is from NE, he's an upgrade because HE IS better than Baker and it's not even close. He's easily AS GOOD a receiver as Baker and as far as blocking, there is no comparison.

He's not as good as baker. Especially in the last 2 years. Baker is getting better and Graham has zero upside.

2006 stats

Chris Baker: 16 games, 45 looks, 31 catches, 300 yards, 68.9 reception%

Ben Watson: 13 games, 91 looks, 49 catches, 645 yards, 53.8 reception%

Baker on the Pats last year would have produced something like 60 catches/750 yards.

Case closed.

Anyway, on to the real discussion. Jeter would be probably still be a first ballot HOF player on a bad team, but he wouldn't have the same standing as he has now. He wouldn't have been mentioned as an MVP candidate last season, and he might not still be a lock for 3000 hits. Has anyone else had as many PA as him in the last 10 years? He probably wouldn't have won those gold gloves either.

2006 stats

Case closed.

Anyway, on to the real discussion. Jeter would be probably still be a first ballot HOF player on a bad team, but he wouldn't have the same standing as he has now. He wouldn't have been mentioned as an MVP candidate last season, and he might not still be a lock for 3000 hits. Has anyone else had as many PA as him in the last 10 years? He probably wouldn't have won those gold gloves either.

You don't think those 15 points of reception% mean anything? Baker had less chances obviously but he was better on his chances then watson was.

You don't think those 15 points of reception% mean anything? Baker had less chances obviously but he was better on his chances then watson was.

I edited to make it more clear, but you read me wrong. I agree, Baker > Watson, Baker >> Graham. At least when it comes to recieving. Baker just hasn't been used like he should be.

2006 stats

Baker on the Pats last year would have produced something like 60 catches/750 yards.

Case closed.

Can you please quote your source for the above stats and define what a "look" is in relation to those stats. I await your answer.

BTW: I hope you realize that madmike is your only supporter in this debate.

Can you please quote your source for the above stats and define what a "look" is in relation to those stats. I await your answer.

BTW: I hope you realize that madmike is your only supporter in this debate.

What a shock. It MUST be the stat thats wrong because there is no way a Jet player could ever be better then a Patsy one...

What a shock. It MUST be the stat thats wrong because there is no way a Jet player could ever be better then a Patsy one...

I have praised many Jets players before and would gladly have some of them on the Pats. I'm sure a lot of posters here can back me up on that.

I feel Graham is better than Baker. Simple as that.

Can you and Sharrow do better than a fantasy football site?

I would love to know how Yahoo! Sports knows who the intended receiver is on every pass Tom Brady throws.

I will go through the NFL.com play-by-play game logs and double check the guy, I guess. I have a lot of free time, its no problem. Maybe he has some kind of agenda purposefully skewing his data. I suppose he might want to sneak in drafting Ben Watson a round or two later in next years draft.

I will go through the NFL.com play-by-play game logs and double check the guy, I guess. I have a lot of free time, its no problem. Maybe he has some kind of agenda purposefully skewing his data. I suppose he might want to sneak in drafting Ben Watson a round or two later in next years draft.

Matt Buser

Matt Buser is a Yahoo! Sports fantasy expert. Send him a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/expertsarchive?author=Matt+Buser

So your argument solely rests on a fantasy football "expert?"

Blocking: Graham > Baker

Receiving: Baker > Graham

Graham would be a great sign to keep in blocking on passing situations but especially in running situations. Graham is also a very good redzone target so signing him would be a huge upgrade to the Offensive Line, Tight End position and the offense as a whole.

So your argument solely rests on a fantasy football "expert?"

Because we all know that the fact that Baker catches a higher % of balls thrown to him is that guys opinion. :roll:

But I'm through 7 of the pats games, so I'm almost half way there. It doesn't look good btw. For Graham and Watson, that is.

Thats kind of Ironic. The only perspective where Watson is a better reciever than Baker is from the fantasy perspective, because he does get a lot more looks. And he is putting down the argument because the source that the stats came from was a fantasty writer.

Thats kind of Ironic. The only perspective where Watson is a better reciever than Baker is from the fantasy perspective, because he does get a lot more looks. And he is putting down the argument because the source that the stats came from was a fantasty writer.

Can you please find an NFL stat. A stat that says how many times Baker/Graham were thrown the ball and how many times they caught it?

BTW: I don't think Baker had a TE on his team that had 49 catches and 3 TD's this season like Graham did.

Ok, here are the results I got for the two Pats TE, looking throught the game logs myself, including the playoffs.

Watson - 91 looks, 49 receptions, 53.8% (Regular Season)

Graham - 35 looks, 21 receptions, 60% (Regular Season)

Watson - 21 looks, 10 receptions, 47.6% (Playoffs)

Graham - 8 looks, 4 receptions, 50% (Playoffs)

After looking throught the games, maybe we should take a look at Graham, he might be better than Watson too.

I'm not going through them to get Bakers, they would come out the same as the guy from Yahoo got, and Prison Break is on in less than 20 minutes.

Ok, here are the results I got for the two Pats TE, looking throught the game logs myself, including the playoffs.

Watson - 91 looks, 49 receptions, 53.8% (Regular Season)

Graham - 35 looks, 21 receptions, 60% (Regular Season)

Watson - 21 looks, 10 receptions, 47.6% (Playoffs)

Graham - 8 looks, 4 receptions, 50% (Playoffs)

After looking throught the games, maybe we should take a look at Graham, he might be better than Watson too.

I'm not going through them to get Bakers, they would come out the same as the guy from Yahoo got, and Prison Break is on in less than 20 minutes.

"Looks" are a fantasy football invention. You are a knowledgeable bloke. Why are you quoting "looks?"

Consider this scenario:

Brady looks at Graham to fake out the safety and then throws to Brown for the 1st down.

Does that go against Grahams "looks" stats on fantasy football sites all over the world?

"Looks" are a fantasy football invention. You are a knowledgeable bloke. Why are you quoting "looks?"

Consider this scenario:

Brady looks at Graham to fake out the safety and then throws to Brown for the 1st down.

Does that go against Grahams "looks" stats on fantasy football sites all over the world?

No, "looks" is just a term used to means the ball was thrown to the guy, it doesn't literally mean that brady just looked at him.

Archived