Patsys Tag Samuel

madmike1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon you put Baker in Graham's shoes and he'd be turning a lot of heads.Graham does play in TE friendly system with a hall of fame QB,where as Baker was solely used as a blocker under Herm and plays with a QB who cant fire a ball between the coverages.

With ZERO signing bonus. That 8 million will do him a lot of good if he tears an ACL during camp. Money in hand -- that's all that counts in the NFL.

He will be unhappy if they don't sign him to a long term deal. Good move for the Pats though. You just couldn't let him walk. Not with the season he had.

Just like the Jets the Pats have a lot of money to throw around. They will get something done.

Just hope that the Jets don't sign Daniel Graham. Madmike's head might explode as he thinks Chris Baker is the next coming of Shannon Sharpe/Ben Coates

Of course they are useless. They directly contradict you so they MUST be uesless.

These are the stats that count:

Baker: 83 catches - 902 yards - 9 TD's

Graham: 120 catches - 1393 yards - 17 TD's

Don't forget that Baker has played 5 more games than Graham.

Judging players purely on counting numbers is completely moronic. But you don't mind being moronic if you have to to prove your points.

Just like the Jets the Pats have a lot of money to throw around. They will get something done.

Just hope that the Jets don't sign Daniel Graham. Madmike's head might explode as he thinks Chris Baker is the next coming of Shannon Sharpe/Ben Coates

Yeah i would be pissed because i don't like my team giving money to complete crap players.

Judging players purely on counting numbers is completely moronic.

I thought you were a rational guy. I was wrong.

Graham has 37 more catches, 8 more TD's and 400 more yards in 5 less games than Baker.

Yep. I'm counting numbers.

I thought you were a rational guy. I was wrong.

Graham has 37 more catches, 8 more TD's and 400 more yards in 5 less games than Baker.

Yep. I'm counting numbers.

Those numbers take no account of how many times he is thrown to which is the ONLY way to judge how good a player who isn't a QB is. He has no ability to impact plays and create stats for himself in plays he isn't thrown to so anyone whos rational knows that those stats have very little meaning. Not people like you with an agenda.

If Graham were on the Redskins or some other team NO ONE would want him but because he's an ex-patsy everything thinks he's so great. There is NO REASON to get NE players off the scrap heap unless they are GOOD players like Samuel aside from that we don't need their refuse.

Don't forget that Graham has started 26 more games than Baker.

Baker was criminally underused for the first two years of his career,only ever seeing the field on running plays and was never the primary receiver.We are using him a lot more of late but still not well enough.

Lets compare the last two seasons.

Baker: 24 games/ 49 catches - 569 yards - 5 TDs

Graham: 23 games/ 37 catches - 470 yards - 5 TDs

Very similiar, perhaps there is a reasonable argument for Baker being a better player than Graham.

Those numbers take no account of how many times he is thrown to which is the ONLY way to judge how good a player who isn't a QB is. He has no ability to impact plays and create stats for himself in plays he isn't thrown to so anyone whos rational knows that those stats have very little meaning. Not people like you with an agenda.

I give up.

If you think Baker is better than Graham then good for you.

You love stats but dispute them when they prove that player A has out performed player B.

I give up.

If you think Baker is better than Graham then good for you.

You love stats but dispute them when they prove that player A has out performed player B.

I love GOOD stats. Not stats that prove nothing and don't effectively compare players with different chances to impact games because of the system they are in.

yeah because anyone who thinks that any jet player is better then any patsy player of the same position is a huge homer.

You are a homer, but you're entitled to be that if you want.

I said I would like an upgrade from Baker and you replied that graham isnt great either. I never mentioned graham. I just said I'd be good with an upgrade, because I see baker as serviceable but not great.

I'd love to get a TE who can grab passes AND be a badass blocker to help the running game along.

You are a homer, but you're entitled to be that if you want.

I said I would like an upgrade from Baker and you replied that graham isnt great either. I never mentioned graham. I just said I'd be good with an upgrade, because I see baker as serviceable but not great.

I'd love to get a TE who can grab passes AND be a badass blocker to help the running game along.

When did i say that Baker was great or that if we could upgrade from him that i wouldn't be fine with it? Graham is just NOT that upgrade.

You said Baker is FINE. I dont even think he's been that. I'm happy when he makes a good play, and he doesnt suck, but I dont see him as a top TE.

It's probably not even a priority to upgrade TE right now, but as long as the OL blocking is a deficiency, the offense will suffer.

You said Baker is FINE. I dont even think he's been that. I'm happy when he makes a good play, and he doesnt suck, but I dont see him as a top TE.

It's probably not even a priority to upgrade TE right now, but as long as the OL blocking is a deficiency, the offense will suffer.

Baker IS fine. He's improving at blocking every year and according to DPAR he's the 12th best TE in the NFL. He also made a circus catch to win a game for us until the refs robbed us this year. If he can stay healthy he's going to be a fine TE.

Baker IS fine. He's improving at blocking every year and according to DPAR he's the 12th best TE in the NFL. He also made a circus catch to win a game for us until the refs robbed us this year. If he can stay healthy he's going to be a fine TE.

Graham would have stayed in bounds.

Graham>Baker

madmike is trying to steal your thunder as the biggest homer.

Question for you. Who is the better TE? Baker or Graham?

Overall Grahm has done more for the Pats than Baker has for the JETS, but I think coming out of 06' Baker showed potential to be a better TE than Grahm.

I really would need to see how they do in 07' becuase they were very similar in 06'

All that said, I would like to have both of them.

If that had been graham it would've been a TD though. That silver helmet works wonders.

So what your saying is if the money was the same you wouldn't trade Chris Baker for Graham? I like Baker and all he's a nice TE but a champion or just some average Joe? Easy call you take Graham that being said I don't wanna see this clown expand energy looking at TE's when the rb's and dline is in shambles either.

Look at Grahams career and look at Bakers no contest.

So what your saying is if the money was the same you wouldn't trade Chris Baker for Graham? I like Baker and all he's a nice TE but a champion or just some average Joe? Easy call you take Graham that being said I don't wanna see this clown expand energy looking at TE's when the rb's and dline is in shambles either.

Look at Grahams career and look at Bakers no contest.

If i had to choose between them today i would take Baker.

According to SI the jets had the 3rd best draft of any team in the NFL but you just like to harp on 2 players and forget the 5 good players he drafted.

lol SI also picked the Mets to beat the Cardinals in 6 games. I don't care what these experts have to say I go by what I see and I feel. I'm just as educated sports wise as they are.

Please do not tell me you are going to discredit an entire web page because one person on a large staff made a bad prediction. By that standard there is not a single "creditable" web page on the entire internet.

Of course you would because you are a homer. You also probably would take Chad over Brady.

I've said i would take Cindy but if you put him on a team with less talent around him and away from his scumbag head coach he would be just another QB and not the hall of famer he's going to be because he was in the right place at the right time.

Archived