QB situation

4HCrew

I am tired of reading articles with Vinny's name linked to the Jets. Why not bring in a decent veteran qb to put some pressure on Clemens to make him earn his 2nd string spot. I would not mind Rattay but someone in that realm. If Vinny wants to "help" become assistant qb coach..

I am tired of reading articles with Vinny's name linked to the Jets. Why not bring in a decent veteran qb to put some pressure on Clemens to make him earn his 2nd string spot. I would not mind Rattay but someone in that realm. If Vinny wants to "help" become assistant qb coach..

I want Clemens to push Chad for the starting QB. WTF, if you have to bring in a veteran QB to pressure him to earn the backup role, then we made the wrong pick in the 2nd round last year. F Vinny.

The only thing Vinny would be brought in for is to kneel when we take the AFC East next year. ;)

Seriously, he would be an emergency QB only, as would anyone else brought in. No one will challenge Clemens now, IMO. He is clearly the #2, and from what I've read this offseason, he may challenge Chad as the season goes on.

Why ?

Isn't the reason Clemens in #2 is so he can get experience ?

You have to put Clemens in there eventually to see what he can do.

If Chad gets hurt I would rather give Clemens the time that he is going to need to adjust to the pro game, even if it means not making the playoffs.

We don't need a vet QB to be #3 on the depth chart.

Use B. Smith as the #3 and use the roster spot on more depth anywhere. Seriously, we're supposed to like versatility then let Smith be emergency QB. After all, we had a punter in that role for a while at one time.

Why ?

Isn't the reason Clemens in #2 is so he can get experience ?

You have to put Clemens in there eventually to see what he can do.

If Chad gets hurt I would rather give Clemens the time that he is going to need to adjust to the pro game, even if it means not making the playoffs.

We don't need a vet QB to be #3 on the depth chart.

If Chad goes down and an inexperienced Clemens is starting wouldn't you want someone with experience backing him up. Plus, a vet pushing Clemens providing competition will only make the kid better. I never want to be caught with our pants down like in 99. With that said, there is nobody out there that really piques my interest. I thought Brad Johnson might fit, but that is no longer an option. Have never liked Rattay personally. Not sure....

Use B. Smith as the #3 and use the roster spot on more depth anywhere. Seriously, we're supposed to like versatility then let Smith be emergency QB. After all, we had a punter in that role for a while at one time.

The emergency QB is not the #3 guy. I would prefer to let him concentrate on WR, sure make him the emergency QB but that's it. We still need a legitmate number 3 in my opinion...

If Chad goes down and an inexperienced Clemens is starting wouldn't you want someone with experience backing him up. Plus, a vet pushing Clemens providing competition will only make the kid better. I never want to be caught with our pants down like in 99. With that said, there is nobody out there that really piques my interest. I thought Brad Johnson might fit, but that is no longer an option. Have never liked Rattay personally. Not sure....

If Clemens goes down as well then the season would be lost anyway. (See 2005 for an example).

The person who had Brad Smith the 3rd QB is a great idea. I would rather see him then some vet who is looking to just cash a paycheck.

Archived