Coaching Staff Changes: MERGED

JetNation

The New York Jets announced the following additions to their coaching staff: Mike Jones was named Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach; Ben Kotwica was named Quality Control/Special Teams and Defense; Mike Bloomgren and Brian Smith were named Quality Control/Offense. The moves were announced by Head Coach Eric Mangini. Jones joins the Jets after a stint as an assistant in Sports Performa...

More...

Jets | M. Bloomgren added to coaching staff

Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:08:20 -0800

The New York Jets announced Tuesday, March 13, the addition of Mike Bloomgren to the team's coaching staff as an offensive quality-control coach.

Jets | B. Kotwica added to coaching staff

Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:03:10 -0800

The New York Jets announced Tuesday, March 13, the addition of Ben Kotwica to the team's coaching staff as the defense and special teams quality-control coach.

Jets | M. Jones added to coaching staff

Tue, 13 Mar 2007 07:54:13 -0800

The New York Jets announced Tuesday, March 13, the addition of Mike Jones to the team's coaching staff as the assistant strength and conditioning coach.

not sure what ben kotwica is gonna make but you couldn't pay me enough to walk around critiqueing westhoff to rationalize your salary.

ben should be easy to spot on the sidelines. he'll be the guy with a cane poking out his a$$

BWAHHHHHHHH POTW nom

Jets Complete 2007 Coaching Staff with Jones, Kotwica, Bloomgren, and Smith

Published: 03-13-07

pr-mic-small.jpg?1160069518

By Jets PR Department

Regular Contributor

The New York Jets announced the following additions to their coaching staff:

Mike Jones was named Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach; Ben Kotwica was named Quality Control/Special Teams and Defense; Mike Bloomgren and Brian Smith were named Quality Control/Offense. The moves were announced by Head Coach Eric Mangini.

Jones joins the Jets after a stint as an assistant in Sports Performance at Arizona State University. Jones was a starting safety on the University of Georgia’s 1992 team that won the SEC East and the Citrus Bowl.

Kotwica comes to the Jets after a stint as the Defensive Coordinator at the USMA Preparatory School. He is a decorated officer who spent eight years in the Army after graduating from West Point, where he played linebacker. While in the Army, Kotwica served as a Platoon Leader, an Apache helicopter pilot, a Battalion Executive Officer and a Company Commander. His duties included time spent in Fort Bragg, NC; Bosnia; Korea; Fort Hood, TX; and Iraq as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom II. His awards include: the Army Achievement Medal, the Army Commendation Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal and the Bronze Star.

Bloomgren joins the Jets after a short stint at Texas A&M prior to a two-year stay at Delta State University in Mississippi (2005-06), where he was the Offensive Coordinator. The Florida State graduate was also the Co-offensive Coordinator at Catawba College (North Carolina) for three years, after spending three seasons as a Graduate Assistant at the University of Alabama.

Smith joins the Jets from the University of Massachusetts (2004-06), where he was an Assistant Coach for three years, the last two years coaching the wide receivers. Smith played cornerback on UMass’s 1998 Division I-AA National Championship team.

More like 'Generation Why?'

I like these moves T-99...a lotta people figured that generation was just a bunch of slackers who would never amount to nothing as they sat in their living rooms watching Beavis and Butthead playing video games-they have turned out to be a a smart generation that has a lot of forward thinking to them-just like how Mangini and Co. use DVD's instead of tape so that guys can watch tape on their I-Pods-little stuff like that

not sure what ben kotwica is gonna make but you couldn't pay me enough to walk around critiqueing westhoff to rationalize your salary.

ben should be easy to spot on the sidelines. he'll be the guy with a cane poking out his a$$

I don't know about that. Reading his bio sounds like he is one tough dude.

In fact it could be Mangini put a guy like that in that position just so he could take care

of himself with Westhoff. LOL

Archived