The official countdown until the Braves take back the division thread...

K2C

I think his point was that the Braves time of dominating was over. Not their age. Just how I read it

you read it right SD,, it had no reference to age,, he said 'thing of the past' as in the age old moniker meaning not what they used to be..

Only shot the Mets have is if Andruw gets traded. That team is awesome and the Mets are a decent team at best. I still think the Mets can win 83 games though.

Really? I don't have them in pre-season play-off predictions due to the SP being a unknown factor but if the pitching is for real ala week one, they will threaten 100 wins.

I will take 4-2 on the road all season long. As if we could do that.

Way too early to see any significant trends on any team.

ya, my thinking also.. 4-2 on road and the two losses were result of defense and or RP,, not the afore mentioned awful SP.

The Mets won the division last season by 12 games, and the Braves finished 18 back. What have the Braves done in the offseason that make you believe the Braves will close that gap over a 162-game season?
The braves blew around 30 leads in their bullpen last year. That won't happen again.

The Mets won the division last season by 12 games, and the Braves finished 18 back. What have the Braves done in the offseason that make you believe the Braves will close that gap over a 162-game season?

It's not what the Braves did, It's what the Mets did and didn't do. Only the Mets can come up with a three year deal for Scot Schoenweis who is wasting a roster spot. Guy walks people at will reminds me of Koo. I hate to say it but the Mets payed so much attention to building Citi Field they forgot to build a bridge to Wagner.

It's not what the Braves did, It's what the Mets did and didn't do. Only the Mets can come up with a three year deal for Scot Schoenweis who is wasting a roster spot. Guy walks people at will reminds me of Koo. I hate to say it but the Mets payed so much attention to building Citi Field they forgot to build a bridge to Wagner.

They already have that bridge, in the form of Aaron Heilman.

It was a sellers market for pitchers this year, the Mets would have been crazy to throw money around this year. Besides; John Maine and Oliver Perez have proven themselves more than capable of holding down the # 3 and 4 spots in the rotation. And I don't believe Minaya is done searching for a starter via a trade.

It was a sellers market for pitchers this year, the Mets would have been crazy to throw money around this year. Besides; John Maine and Oliver Perez have proven themselves more than capable of holding down the # 3 and 4 spots in the rotation. And I don't believe Minaya is done searching for a starter via a trade.

Yeah I recall the threads here chastizing us for not signing/trading for Zito (Max).

Granted it's very early but could you imagine if we had given that contract and he went 0-2 while getting bombed for us.

Heilman is pissed off. I'll bet that effects him on the mound this year.

Heilman is pissed off. I'll bet that effects him on the mound this year.

Please, that's a pipe dream and you know it. Heilman is the best reliever on this team, and if he's pissed off about not being a starter, he's hid it well. 73 K's and a 3.62 ERA in 87 innings last season, 106 K's in 108 IP and a 3.17 ERA in 2005. Not bad.

Please, that's a pipe dream and you know it. Heilman is the best reliever on this team, and if he's pissed off about not being a starter, he's hid it well. 73 K's and a 3.62 ERA in 87 innings last season, 106 K's in 108 IP and a 3.17 ERA in 2005. Not bad.

I'm not saying he's not a good pitcher. I think he's very good. But if you heard him interviewed any time in the offseason he's very pissed about no starting.

I'm not saying he's not a good pitcher. I think he's very good. But if you heard him interviewed any time in the offseason he's very pissed about no starting.

I would question his competitivness if he wasnt pissed,, this is a good thing...motivation

Has arod made it very clear that he's not playing the position he wants to be playing? If he has i haven't heard it.

Oh, so A-Rod is perfectly conten t and staisfied in his situation with the Yankees?

I wonder why he may choose to opt out as everyone predicts?

Think he had a problem with being dropped in the order in the playoffs?

if you want to speculate as to the mentality of ballplayers and what they are thinking (I usually hesitate to), I can do it as well.

It is an easy game to play.

Oh, so A-Rod is perfectly conten t and staisfied in his situation with the Yankees?

I wonder why he may choose to opt out as everyone predicts?

Think he had a problem with being dropped in the order in the playoffs?

if you want to speculate as to the mentality of ballplayers and what they are thinking (I usually hesitate to), I can do it as well.

It is an easy game to play.

If Arod opts out it will be because of one thing: Money. Everything else is just noise.

So let me see Mike, you tell me Heilman is miffed.

Do you think he is miffed more than last year, when he was told he had a chance to win a spot in the rotation, pitched well, only be turned into the bullpen?

Was he given a shot this year for the rotation? No?

So tell me how he is going to be more upset than last year, when he performed well when he was supposedly upset?

I will take last year's Heilman in a minute.

Please explain.

So let me see Mike, you tell me Heilman is miffed.

Do you think he is miffed more than last year, when he was told he had a chance to win a spot in the rotation, pitched well, only be turned into the bullpen?

Was he given a shot this year for the rotation? No?

So tell me how he is going to be more upset than last year, when he performed well when he was supposedly upset?

I will take last year's Heilman in a minute.

Please explain.

When i heard him on the radio he sounded more upset about the situation then he has in years past. I'm making a guess. We'll see whos right.

When i heard him on the radio he sounded more upset about the situation then he has in years past. I'm making a guess. We'll see whos right.

Yes, we will start a new show, "Aaron Heilman's head", in which you will give us daily updates as to how you think Aaron Heilman is thinking and how it may affect his performance.

How did he feel getting out of bed today?

Yes, we will start a new show, "Aaron Heilman's head", in which you will give us daily updates as to how you think Aaron Heilman is thinking and how it may affect his performance.

How did he feel getting out of bed today?

There is no way to tell exactly what he's thinking but i'm making the guess that he won't be as good as he was last year.

Please post the numbers that you feel Heilman will deliver.

The audience is waiting with baited breath.

Jesus Christ. You hate me so much that everything I say you have to drag out into a 3+ page argument. Why don't you just put me on ignore?

As far as Heilman i'd guess he'll have a Higher then 3.62 ERA a higher then 1.16 WHIP. ect... IE worse then last year.

Jesus Christ. You hate me so much that everything I say you have to drag out into a 3+ page argument. Why don't you just put me on ignore?

As far as Heilman i'd guess he'll have a Higher then 3.30 ERA a higher then 1.16 WHIP. ect... IE worse then last year.

Since I am a Met fan, I want to know what his numbers will be, based upon a person who has a direct read on his spyche and how that will affect his performance.

Heck, Pete Rose would have baid you handsomely for some of the knowledge you claim to have. this stuff is gold.

Who would not want this luxury?

BTW-His era was 3.62 and his WHIP was 1.16 last year, so you do not have him depreciating. Really ERA and WHIP for a reliever are not that important, I would have figured a brilliant statistician, who knows all the right stats to base things on would have known that.

I was looking moe for % of inherited runners allowed to score Blown Saves, etc.

Pete still could have used you though. You could have been the lockerroom snitch

whip isn't important for a reliever? are you on drugs?

nevermind i'm not going to waste my time trying to teach you anything anymore. If you think that BLOWN SAVES are a good stat then you might know less then i think you do.

You do know that you can get a blown saves without giving up a hit right?

Archived