NHL Best Defenseman

Gang Green Girl

This is for you, Frank. In the HOCKEY forum, as requested.

Denis Potvin and Bobby Orr!!

Don't even think about typing Brian Leetch.

Do not slander the great Bobby Orr with linking him with Dennis cheapshot Potvin.

I will take Brad Park anyday over him

Denis Potvin was one of the best EVER. faba, like every Rangers fan, you are unreasonable and closeminded. #5 was DA MAN!!!!

I am not close minded but Potvin will never have my respect as a player with all the games that I watched him against the Rangers

Players such as Larry Robinson, Ray Bourque- those were class guys

Unlike the Islanders and their Potvin I have lots of respect for Stevens and Niedermeyer and the whole Devils organization. Lou Lamorillo is probably one of the best execs in all of sports.

Scott Stevens is dirty. {See Eric Lindros}.

Not nearly as much as the Rangers, but I cannot stomach the Devils (except for Marty!!!).

Unlike the Islanders and their Potvin I have lots of respect for Stevens and Niedermeyer and the whole Devils organization. Lou Lamorillo is probably one of the best execs in all of sports.

• 3 weeks later...

Good list. But I'd take out Coffey (and put Robinson in!). If Coffey had never put on an orange & black uniform, he'd be on my list. But here's another example of someone who stayed in the game too long. He was disgraceful for the Flyers.

Im biased, but GGG is right. Potvin was the man. Top 2 or 3 of all time :D

And where's the love for Paul Coffey??? Al McInnis?

My top 4 would be Potvin, Orr, Bourque and Coffey, in no paticular order. I guess Larry Robinson would round out the top 5.

Archived