EVERYBODY RELAX!!!

Pragmatic Bus

Yes every one needs to chill. jets just picked up two players with tons of upside, who are good incstinctive players. it doesn't matter how many picks we have as long as we get the value of the picks. and jets drafted the best value on the board at those picks. they clearly wanted him and targeted him. so they worked aggressively and got the players that they felt had the mostupside. and can fill spots quickly. they just filled three major holes RB, ILB, CB. in three rounds.

if you analize it we should have had high picks because of the talent level that we had. but because jets did so well last year our picks did not reflect the talent need we had. so the jets got the most talented CB. the most talented 3-4 ILB. and acquired a franchise back. in three rounds.

about the lack of picks in second day. justin mccereins, barton, and even hobson could be dealt away to acquire more picks this year and the future.

so have trust in mangini.

just like i predicted that justin blalock and alan branch will fall out of the first round. and that ben grubbs is the best guard and the only first round guard. redemption is sweet

I was shocked to see Blalock fall. I was sure the Jets would take him, but I did think they would move down to do so. Not move up and take a cb. Although if I was going to take a cb in the first round it would have been Revis. Nice job on the old espn.

I was shocked to see Blalock fall. I was sure the Jets would take him, but I did think they would move down to do so. Not move up and take a cb. Although if I was going to take a cb in the first round it would have been Revis. Nice job on the old espn.

like i said earlier and was shunned for saying that blalock is not a first round talent. he is good character guy who works hard but ben grubbs is the best guard and the only one taken in the first round

like i said earlier and was shunned for saying that blalock is not a first round talent. he is good character guy who works hard but ben grubbs is the best guard and the only one taken in the first round

I became exhausted from fighting off all the Blalock lovers around here too. Grubb is clearly better.

just like i predicted that justin blalock and alan branch will fall out of the first round. and that ben grubbs is the best guard and the only first round guard. redemption is sweet

Wasnt your biggest prediction that the

jets would take Olsen?

OFFENSIVELY speaking what have we done to IMPROVE the OFFENSE?

We still LACK a big tall reciever with after burners and a legitimate tight end.

Yeah we need a burner of a wide out so he can run in a straight line and have chad pennington under throw him by 27 yards. Our receivers are great for our offense.

We still LACK a big tall reciever with after burners and a legitimate tight end.

And since when have those things helped us in a Chad Pennington-led offense? Chad needs possession receivers, not speedy WR's and an elite TE. We have that in Coles and Cotchery, and this Stuckey kid we added could be a decent steal as well.

I'm far more concerned with the offensive line right now than our receiving corps.

we got thomas jones who will take a lot of pressure off of chad's week shoulders. and we drafted OT in the 6th round.

also stuckey is a steve smith/ santana moss type burner.

we got three first round picks in thomas jones, darrell revis, and david harriss without giving up a lot

Using last years Washington pick to get Jones is part of our draft IMO.

We upgraded the running game big time and weren't getting both a premier CB and TE with the 25th pick.

Using last years Washington pick to get Jones is part of our draft IMO.

We upgraded the running game big time and weren't getting both a premier CB and TE with the 25th pick.

and we got another 2nd round pick too both of which we traded up to get revis and harriss

bold moves by mangini and tanembaum

and didn't you say he is not a first round TE

I dont think so. I just made the case for why I didnt want the Jets to draft him. But I do recall you posting for days on end how he was the Jets' man, and THE pick they had to make.

I dont think so. I just made the case for why I didnt want the Jets to draft him. But I do recall you posting for days on end how he was the Jets' man, and THE pick they had to make.

yes if he was available at 25th absolutely you make that pick. and you will see why when he starts playing

and i clearly remember you saying that you dont beleive he is a first round talent

This was a thin draft. He wouldnt have been a first rounder if there was a normal amount of talent, and neither would Beason. They both went in the first round because the talent was lighter this year. I'm pretty sure I may have said something like that, and I'm glad he aint a Jet. He's too soft.

He'll be fine with da Bears if he learns to block. I am just very glad the Jets didnt take him.

like i said jets would probably trade up and go defence or stay at 25 and pick greg olsen. jets opted to go defence when opportunity presented itself. if they would have stayed at 25th we would have been talking about greg olsen right now. and thats better than justin blalock guy who you said was the best guard

This was a thin draft. He wouldnt have been a first rounder if there was a normal amount of talent, and neither would Beason. They both went in the first round because the talent was lighter this year. I'm pretty sure I may have said something like that, and I'm glad he aint a Jet. He's too soft.

excuses are for pussies. are u a pussy?

wouldn't upgrading the running game include a lineman? also it would have been nice to see have a DT added. I am not sold on the new wr adding anything to the offense for at least 2 years if that

Yes but you have to ask yourself, do you draft a lesser CB and ILB just to ensure you also grab a OL and DT?

The front office has until September to finalize the roster.

we got thomas jones who will take a lot of pressure off of chad's week shoulders. and we drafted OT in the 6th round.

also stuckey is a steve smith/ santana moss type burner.

we got three first round picks in thomas jones, darrell revis, and david harriss without giving up a lot

Harris is not a first round pick.

Neither is Jones, at his age.

You are hyperbolizing.

Yes but you have to ask yourself, do you draft a lesser CB and ILB just to ensure you also grab a OL and DT?

The front office has until September to finalize the roster.

It's clear the FO went for quality over quantity in this draft. They seem to have gotten the guys they wanted. Now, we just have to wait until they take the field to see if they pan out.

It's clear the FO went for quality over quantity in this draft. They seem to have gotten the guys they wanted. Now, we just have to wait until they take the field to see if they pan out.

Agree and I am confident the FO will monitor June 1st cuts closely for anything that can help us on either line.

And very glad we dont have to hear Chadharmon tell us how he called it LOL!

well i called it. but i also said i liked peterson over calvin johnson and brady quinn over russell. only time will tell how their careers pan out.

all i know now is that we picked a shut down corner and a first round calibur ILB in the second round and i'm happy

Archived