Yanks and 2007 Playoffs a uphill battle per ESPN

SouthernJet

2005 on May 1st: Yanks 10-15, 8 games out in the L column

and that was on the hels of the '04 collapse so to bounce back from that start was alot harder than it will be this year.

And now the rest of the story.

The Yankees trailed the Orioles in the loss column. A team that would go 57-81 the rest of the season. The East has one other +.500 team (Boston) and they had major injury issues.

This year's AL East is a little more balanced with the shift in funds due to the CBA. It is not impossible, but it will be more difficult. Plus, what are the chances you find another Aaron Small to go 10-0. Slim and none.

The Yankees trailed the Orioles in the loss column. A team that would go 57-81 the rest of the season. The East has one other +.500 team (Boston) and they had major injury issues.

This year's AL East is a little more balanced with the shift in funds due to the CBA. It is not impossible, but it will be more difficult. Plus, what are the chances you find another Aaron Small to go 10-0. Slim and none.

Were we not 8 games out in the L column? Who cares who was in 1st, you act like the Sox this year are the '98 yankees and cannot be caught. You don't have injuries now but you have an old team so expect some. For all of our problems we are only 5 games back in the L column.

In 2004 we lost 6 of 7 to Boston to start the year and we were 5 games in back of you- sound familiar? The season is LONG, to think the yanks are out of it is foolish.

Your point is well taken, but you missed the boat.

The article from ESPN just stated that the team was behind the 1st place team by "xxx.." games as of the end of April. Not that they were behind a particular team. So it matters not who they trailed.

BTW - when talking about injuries, with guys like Brown manning your staff in 2005, you are always a pitch away from a DL trip. Sort of like Pavano is these days, although no one is like Carl. And Carl was here in 2005 also, about to disappear a month later. So I can't accept the injury theory about the Bosox.

Were we not 8 games out in the L column? Who cares who was in 1st, you act like the Sox this year are the '98 yankees and cannot be caught. You don't have injuries now but you have an old team so expect some. For all of our problems we are only 5 games back in the L column.

In 2004 we lost 6 of 7 to Boston to start the year and we were 5 games in back of you- sound familiar? The season is LONG, to think the yanks are out of it is foolish.

Actually, Sox fans have been pretty quiet. It is Yankee fan doing all the talking. Did not say it was impossible and nowhere in my post is 98 Yankees equated to the 2007 Sox. Nice try though.

Your point is well taken, but you missed the boat.

The article from ESPN just stated that the team was behind the 1st place team by "xxx.." games as of the end of April. Not that they were behind a particular team. So it matters not who they trailed.

BTW - when talking about injuries, with guys like Brown manning your staff in 2005, you are always a pitch away from a DL trip. Sort of like Pavano is these days, although no one is like Carl. And Carl was here in 2005 also, about to disappear a month later. So I can't accept the injury theory about the Bosox.

I know we, Sox and Yank fans, went round and round about this in 2005, but whether you accept it or not is a moot point. The Sox had injuries that year also. Schilling was not the same due to ankle surgery. Foulke's knee problems surfaced and he was half as effective as he was in 2004. Clements' looked like a keeper until he got hit in the head. Wade Miller another FA signing in to replace Lowe and Pedro was injured and missed half the season. Two key members of the 2004 title teams were gone and two more were ineffective. The Yankees did not run down a balanced team. The ran down a team that could hit, but had horrible pitching.

Actually, Sox fans have been pretty quiet. It is Yankee fan doing all the talking. Did not say it was impossible and nowhere in my post is 98 Yankees equated to the 2007 Sox. Nice try though.

I know we, Sox and Yank fans, went round and round about this in 2005, but whether you accept it or not is a moot point. The Sox had injuries that year also. Schilling was not the same due to ankle surgery. Foulke's knee problems surfaced and he was half as effective as he was in 2004. Clements' looked like a keeper until he got hit in the head. Wade Miller another FA signing in to replace Lowe and Pedro was injured and missed half the season. Two key members of the 2004 title teams were gone and two more were ineffective. The Yankees did not run down a balanced team. The ran down a team that could hit, but had horrible pitching.

You said the yankes weren't chasing Boston 2 years ago, you made this current Boston team out to be some juggernaut that couldn't possibly be caught.

The sox management made poor decisions, that is what cost you in 2005 not injuries.

Every thread you start is either about the yankees or comparing the mets to the yankees. You're completely obcessed with the yankees.

listen , since when cant i post a interesting article about playoff history stats from espn,, i didnt write the article

get over yourself

listen , since when cant i post a interesting article about playoff history stats from espn,, i didnt write the article

get over yourself

Do you see me or other yankee fans posting article after article about the mets?

Of the last 5 threads you've started 2 are about the yankees and 3 are about comparing the mets to the yankees.

Why don't you worry about your own team and let the yankee fans worry about the yankees?

The truth is that you're a typical mets fan with an inferiority complex who would rather see the yankees lose than the mets win. Even when the mets are playing great ball you still have to be obsessed with the yankees. It's pathetic.

You said the yankes weren't chasing Boston 2 years ago, you made this current Boston team out to be some juggernaut that couldn't possibly be caught.

The sox management made poor decisions, that is what cost you in 2005 not injuries.

You said:

and that was on the hels of the '04 collapse so to bounce back from that start was alot harder than it will be this year.

I just pointed out the Yankees came back on a team that sucked, and the Sox were hardly the fine tuned machine of 2004.

You said:

I just pointed out the Yankees came back on a team that sucked, and the Sox were hardly the fine tuned machine of 2004.

I am more worried about the Yankees, the teams in front of them don;'t really matter b/c I know at our best we are the best team in the division.

That "fine tuned machine of 2004" didn't even win it's division and this current Sox team is not as good as that Sox team. We'll be fine as long as we geat a little healthier.

Do you see me or other yankee fans posting article after article about the mets?

Of the last 5 threads you've started 2 are about the yankees and 3 are about comparing the mets to the yankees.

Why don't you worry about your own team and let the yankee fans worry about the yankees?

The truth is that you're a typical mets fan with an inferiority complex who would rather see the yankees lose than the mets win. Even when the mets are playing great ball you still have to be obsessed with the yankees. It's pathetic.

seriously dude, you have serious issues or you are just a little slow.

When did it become verboten to post about other teams,,

you are hands down, the biggest baby on this site.. I know , PM Maxie time :P

go grow up and maybe do some other social activities other than watching all 162 Yankee games

seriously dude, you have serious issues or you are just a little slow.

When did it become verboten to post about other teams,,

you are hands down, the biggest baby on this site.. I know , PM Maxie time :P

go grow up and maybe do some other social activities other than watching all 162 Yankee games

Sorry if you don't like the fact that i've pointed out the fact that you are obsessed with the yankees to the point where EVERY THREAD you start is about the yankees.

Have to agree with madmike here for once. SJ's incessant Yankee threads are obsessive and obnoxious

haha,, your MO is you get your panties in a wad when yanks arent winning..

how the hell is a article WRITTEN by ESPN obnoxious,,

Oh I Know, ,cause it didnt kiss yanks ass,,

you might have been biggest poster who had his heart broken by tick, tick, tick...

get over it

I'll be sure to continually bump this thread as the Yankees lock up the division once again.

they may very well do that,, If you saw tick, tick, tick part II I predicted the Yanks would be in position for playoff spot on lastr weekend of season..

it was a INTERESTING article.. thats all..

touchy teens in yankee land

they may very well do that,, If you saw tick, tick, tick part II I predicted the Yanks would be in position for playoff spot on lastr weekend of season..

It's NOT ONE ARTICLE. It's every single thread you start that shows that you are obsessed with the yankees.

Sorry if you don't like the fact that i've pointed out the fact that you are obsessed with the yankees to the point where EVERY THREAD you start is about the yankees.

it about the mets, or the yanks aor about the yanks vs the mets,,

again, its a NY message board you funny little teen..

do you have posting rights to yanks,, seriously,, you have a serious problem

It's NOT ONE ARTICLE. It's every single thread you start that shows that you are obsessed with the yankees.

again, its a NY message board about BASEBALL..you funny little teen..

you want Tiger or Marlins threads, ,sorry, I dont care about them..

again, its a NY message board about BASEBALL..you funny little teen..

you want Tiger or Marlins threads, ,sorry, I dont care about them..

no 1 i'm not a teen so you can quit that condescending BS.

no 2 I'm a yankee fan so OF COURSE i'm going to post about the yankees. The problem is that if i never posted about my team and only posted about the mets than people would think it's weird. You make it very clear that you hate the yankees so the fact that every thread you post is about the yankees is completely laughable.

LOL! I think somebodys a little angry that their ridiculous Yankee obsession was revealed and not to mention was incredibly wrong about the Rangers-Sabres series.

All I said was that I will bump it throughout the season. How is that being touchy?

haha,, your MO is you get your panties in a wad when yanks arent winning..

how the hell is a article WRITTEN by ESPN obnoxious,,

Oh I Know, ,cause it didnt kiss yanks ass,,

you might have been biggest poster who had his heart broken by tick, tick, tick...

get over it

I don't even know what half this blabber means, but apparently this is a thread where everyone who points out how obnoxious your threads are gets called a name... that's cool I guess

I don't even know what half this blabber means, but apparently this is a thread where everyone who points out how obnoxious your threads are gets called a name... that's cool I guess

I think the only person who thinks SJ has any credibility when it comes to baseball is...SJ.

I'm not trying to be a d!ck and I think he's a good poster, but he's just clueless when it comes to baseball.

yes it is.

Its a thread where a ESPN article getting posted gets trashed cause it doesnt pass the Yankee Review Board..

Its called cross town fans having fun,, must all be a asskissing homer session,,,

the yankee fans are so thin skinned its hilarious,, and I predicted them in the playoffs this year to boot...

LOL! I think somebodys a little angry that their ridiculous Yankee obsession was revealed and not to mention was incredibly wrong about the Rangers-Sabres series.

All I said was that I will bump it throughout the season. How is that being touchy?

uh, i am a ranger fan,, i want them to win,, I hope i am wrong , and sabres lose..

and bump what??? I predicted yanks to make playoffs, ,do u pay attention... what bump are you talking about?? asssmops thread?

yes it is.

Its a thread where a ESPN article getting posted gets trashed cause it doesnt pass the Yankee Review Board..

Its called cross town fans having fun,, must all be a asskissing homer session,,,

the yankee fans are so thin skinned its hilarious,, and I predicted them in the playoffs this year to boot...

People are just pointing out that they think the article will be wrong. We will be shocked when you actually start a thread about the Mets.

Yankees fans aren't being thin-skinned, it just gets annoying when people predict doom and gloom for the team after a bad month. Well not so much annoying as just plain absurd.

I think the only person who thinks SJ has any credibility when it comes to baseball is...SJ.

I'm not trying to be a d!ck and I think he's a good poster, but he's just clueless when it comes to baseball.

examples?

did u predict mets win more than yanks in 2006? uh,, no..

uh, i am a ranger fan,, i want them to win,, I hope i am wrong , and sabres lose..

and bump what??? I predicted yanks to make playoffs, ,do u pay attention... what bump are you talking about?? asssmops thread?

I'm talking about this thread. I will bump this thread. I will quote myself "I will continually bump this thread as the Yankees lock up the division once again." Did I even mention you in that post? No. Talk about being sensitive and thin-skinned...

Archived