Hanc0ck was drunk the time of the crash

Matt39

ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Josh Han**** was drunk at the time of his fatal accident, and marijuana was found in the sport utility vehicle he was driving.

Police Chief Joe Mokwa also said at a news conference Friday that the 29-year-old Han**** was speaking on a cell phone at about the time of the crash early Sunday on Interstate 64 in St. Louis.

"Mr. Han**** was legally intoxicated at the time of the accident," Mokwa said.

St. Louis medical examiner Michael Graham said Han****'s blood-alcohol level was 0.157, nearly twice Missouri's legal limit of 0.08.

Mokwa said 8.55 grams of marijuana and a glass pipe used to smoke marijuana were found in the rented Ford Explorer. Toxicology tests to determine if drugs were in his system had not been completed.

An accident reconstruction team determined Han**** was traveling 68 mph in a 55 mph zone when his SUV struck the back of a flatbed tow truck stopped in a driving lane. Mokwa said there was no evidence Han**** tried to stop. He did swerve, but too late to avoid the collision.

Graham said the pitcher died instantly of head injuries. The pitcher was not wearing a seat belt, but Graham said the belt would not have prevented his death.

Mokwa said cell phone records showed Han**** was speaking with a female acquaintance at about the time of the accident. Mokwa said the conversation ended abruptly, presumably when the accident occurred.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Josh Han**** was drunk at the time of his fatal accident, and marijuana was found in the sport utility vehicle he was driving.

Police Chief Joe Mokwa also said at a news conference Friday that the 29-year-old Han**** was speaking on a cell phone at about the time of the crash early Sunday on Interstate 64 in St. Louis.

"Mr. Han**** was legally intoxicated at the time of the accident," Mokwa said.

St. Louis medical examiner Michael Graham said Han****'s blood-alcohol level was 0.157, nearly twice Missouri's legal limit of 0.08.

Mokwa said 8.55 grams of marijuana and a glass pipe used to smoke marijuana were found in the rented Ford Explorer. Toxicology tests to determine if drugs were in his system had not been completed.

An accident reconstruction team determined Han**** was traveling 68 mph in a 55 mph zone when his SUV struck the back of a flatbed tow truck stopped in a driving lane. Mokwa said there was no evidence Han**** tried to stop. He did swerve, but too late to avoid the collision.

Graham said the pitcher died instantly of head injuries. The pitcher was not wearing a seat belt, but Graham said the belt would not have prevented his death.

Mokwa said cell phone records showed Han**** was speaking with a female acquaintance at about the time of the accident. Mokwa said the conversation ended abruptly, presumably when the accident occurred.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Pretty much the quintuple-Drunk, Possibly Stoned, Speeding, No Seat Belt and talking on his cell.

Pretty much the quintuple-Drunk, Possibly Stoned, Speeding, No Seat Belt and talking on his cell.

People who do that are pretty much deserving of their fate... especially considering all of the innocent people that were at risk while he was doing it...

People who do that are pretty much deserving of their fate... especially considering all of the innocent people that were at risk while he was doing it...

BRAVO POST!!!

as someone who was in the car with my brother, when he was killed by a drunk driver. I have ZERO patience or sympathy for these people.

I hate to say this but when I heard that he had crashed into the back of a tow-truck the 1st thing I thought of was DWI.

Tow-trucks have their lights flashing when they are on the side of the highway. The only way you wouldn't see that was if you were wasted.

BRAVO POST!!!

as someone who was in the car with my brother, when he was killed by a drunk driver. I have ZERO patience or sympathy for these people.

I'm sorry to hear about this man, you have my condolences. And if the dude is out or ever gets out you have my help making him wish he wasn't. Drunk drivers piss me to **** off... take a god damned cab you cheap bastards. Take an extra 10-15 bucks and take a ****ing taxi or car service.

I'm sorry to hear about this man, you have my condolences. And if the dude is out or ever gets out you have my help making him wish he wasn't. Drunk drivers piss me to **** off... take a god damned cab you cheap bastards. Take an extra 10-15 bucks and take a ****ing taxi or car service.

thanks man...he has 6 more years, before he is able to be released. and you can bet your last dollar that I'll be there if/when he is able to get out...me and my bro were coming home from a Mets game, July '05 when this c o c k sucker ran a red light and blindsided us and crashed into the passenger side where my brother was. worst night of my life.

I have no patience for ANYONE who gets behind the wheel feeling even "buzzed" anymore. it's not about you, it's about the innocent people you are putting at risk when you decide, "I'm fine, I can drive home"

not to sound like a PBA, but it's the stupidest CRIME that you could commit, because it is 100% avoidable.

thanks man...he has 6 more years, before he is able to be released. and you can bet your last dollar that I'll be there if/when he is able to get out...me and my bro were coming home from a Mets game, July '05 when this c o c k sucker ran a red light and blindsided us and crashed into the passenger side where my brother was. worst night of my life.

I have no patience for ANYONE who gets behind the wheel feeling even "buzzed" anymore. it's not about you, it's about the innocent people you are putting at risk when you decide, "I'm fine, I can drive home"

not to sound like a PBA, but it's the stupidest CRIME that you could commit, because it is 100% avoidable.

I agree 100% you just spent at least $30 on booze, go broke and spend 15 on a ****ing taxi.

Why has the media said absolutely nothing about the fact that Hancox manager was arrested for a DUI during spring training? Great example he set there. I saw the Cards banned alcohol in their clubhouse because of this. I wonder if it is also banned in the manager's office now too.

Archived