Who's better at the peak, Nash or Kidd?

Blackout

these are the two best point guards I've seen in my lifetime, maybe I'm overlooking Stockton.

The best I've seen was Magic, and it kills me to admit that being a Celts fan...as far as these 2 go, I'll take Kidd. He can change a game without even scoring 10 points. AND he plays good "D". He is obviously past his prime, and still averaged a triple-double in the 1st round, and had a monster regular season. In his prime, I'll take Kidd over Nash anyday.

The best I've seen was Magic, and it kills me to admit that being a Celts fan...as far as these 2 go, I'll take Kidd. He can change a game without even scoring 10 points. AND he plays good "D". He is obviously past his prime, and still averaged a triple-double in the 1st round, and had a monster regular season. In his prime, I'll take Kidd over Nash anyday.

:thumbup::thumbup:

This should be fun. Put these guys in order from best to worst

Kidd

Nash

Magic

Zeke

Stockton

Payton

Depends if you're just looking at pure point guard or other things. Magic and Zeke were much better scorers. Magic could guard/play small forward. Payton and Kidd are better defenders. I don't think Magic is the best "point" out of this list, but with him at point you'd probably have the best chance to win.

I like Nash more but I'd say kidd. Before Kidd, the Nets were decent but never threatening. Marbury leaves, Kidd enters..Now look at them.

Before Kidd, we weren't decent we were basically in the D-League....

We were 16-34 (incomplete season) 31-51, and 26 and 56... His first year we were 52-30 and went to the NBA FINALS.

Magic, Stockton, Zeke, Kidd, Nash, Payton.

i know stockton is number 1 on the list of all time assists. but did he ever put up preformances like Nash did the other night...26 assists? are you kidding????

I saw nash play the Twolves two years ago, his presence is felt more than any player i have ever seen. they won the game by 25, it was almost hard to watch him tear them apart like that.

I'll take the minority here and take nash over kidd, in both of their primes.

You are all forgetting about the Big "O", Oscar Robertson. He was the most complete point guard. He was always good for 25, and a bunch of boards and dimes. His defense was very underrated. Strong guy, who moved much quicker than he looked like he could move.

The only one close to him is Magic. Kidd is next, but his scoring is not in the same league as Oscar or magic.

Clyde Frazier should be high on this list also. Top defender, terriffic scorer, and wonderful passer. Superb team player. He could have been a big time scorer, but he literally hated to shoot. He always seemed to be looking to pass. Had the quickest hands you ever saw. I once was at a clinic he and a few other Knicks gave during the season (1970s era). There were a lot of flies flying around the gym. He was able to catch flies in the air, with ease. Try that sometime!!

My list:

Robertson

Magic

Kidd

Frazier

Thomas

Stockton

Nash

Nash for the past couple of seasons has been playing like one of the best PG's of all-time. Not as good as Magic Johnson but he is almost there. Right now he is as good as John Stockton was in his prime. Nash has been absolutely brilliant and he is a fun player to watch.

That's what I love about these old fogeys who say the NBA sucks now because the players are not as good as they used to be and that it's all about style and flash and not fundamentals. Nash puts on a basketball clinic every night. Same for guys like Tim Duncan and to lesser extent Lebron James.

And here's the best part, unlike baseball, none of those guys have to take steroids to be good!

Nash for the past couple of seasons has been playing like one of the best PG's of all-time. Not as good as Magic Johnson but he is almost there. Right now he is as good as John Stockton was in his prime. Nash has been absolutely brilliant and he is a fun player to watch.

That's what I love about these old fogeys who say the NBA sucks now because the players are not as good as they used to be and that it's all about style and flash and not fundamentals. Nash puts on a basketball clinic every night. Same for guys like Tim Duncan and to lesser extent Lebron James.

And here's the best part, unlike baseball, none of those guys have to take steroids to be good!

Dude, turn on rep, I wanna give you some. (rep)

Archived