Anaheim vs Ottawa

Who ya got? I love Giguere & the Ducks so I want to see them win but something tells me that Ottawa takes their 1st ever Stanley Cup back to Canada with them and the Ducks fall to 0-2 in Stanley Cup Finals. Either way...

GO DUCKS!

Some people here will cheer for the Canadian team just because.

I say What for?

There's no love for the nation's capital here on the west coast.

Anaheim is way closer than Ottawa, Anaheim is way more familiar to fans here 'cos the Canucks play them more often and it was Anaheim that beat Vancouver out in the playoffs, so they got my vote.

Go Ducks!!!

Travel could be an issue here.

I heard this morning that Ottawa hasn't been further west than Minnesota since 2005.

Whereas Anaheim is accustomed to long travel to play games, most recently with Detroit.

It's maybe a reach, but the long travel could favor Anaheim.

The Ducks have been my pick since at least the 2nd round to win the Cup so I'm gonna stick with them. That combo of Pronger and Niedermayer is just ridiculous and they have great goaltending as well. This series looks like another 6 or 7 gamer but I see the Ducks pulling it out.

Can we get a vbookie on this?

Yeah, those guys play some serious minutes, it's as if one or both of them are always on the ice. The Sens scorers got their hands full.

I was watching an interview with the Ducks GM, Burke I think, and he was talking about how they have one of those guys on the ice almost the entire game. Getting d-men like that is how you win Stanley Cups for sure.

Should be a great series, hard to say who pulls it out, my guts says Ottawa, they want it the most.

I'm on the Ottawa bandwagon. They have been knocking on the door for a few seasons plus they sucked balls when they first entered the league.

They have great fans and I'm sick and tired of teams from non-hockey hotbeds winning the Cup.

I'm on the Ottawa bandwagon. They have been knocking on the door for a few seasons plus they sucked balls when they first entered the league.

They have great fans and I'm sick and tired of teams from non-hockey hotbeds winning the Cup.

How many people care in California who wins the Stanley Cup- at least if Ottawa wins I know people in canada will appreciate it.

How many people care in California who wins the Stanley Cup- at least if Ottawa wins I know people in canada will appreciate it.

Exactly. It pissed me off that Tampa and Carolina have won the Cup in the last few years.

If Hockey wants to get back on the map they need a Canadian team or the Flyers, Rangers, Bruins, Blackhawks or Red Wings to at least be in the finals.

Is this huge gap before the finals going to hurt TV ratings in the U.S.?

Probably doesn't help either that it's a small market Canadian team against a team from California.

I see that the NBC is not telecasting until game 3. Versus is doing 1 & 2. Never heard of Versus before this year. Is it a common channel in the U.S.?

CBC is doing all games, maybe some of you can get that. I noticed when I was in Seattle last week, they get CBC.

Is this huge gap before the finals going to hurt TV ratings in the U.S.?

Probably doesn't help either that it's a small market Canadian team against a team from California.

I see that the NBC is not telecasting until game 3. Versus is doing 1 & 2. Never heard of Versus before this year. Is it a common channel in the U.S.?

CBC is doing all games, maybe some of you can get that. I noticed when I was in Seattle last week, they get CBC.

Versus is small outlet compared to ESPN coverage - the two teams in the finals are not going to help matters with ratings

Im rooting for Ottawa and also think they'll win.

Sens in 6.

Ottawa v.s Anaheim will probably break the record for lowest ratings of a championship for the NHL. As a hockey nut that does not matter to me personally though.

Ottawa v.s Anaheim will probably break the record for lowest ratings of a championship for the NHL. As a hockey nut that does not matter to me personally though.

agreed....it also doesn't help that Canadian cities don't rate in the US ratings...if these games do a 1.5 share, I'll be amazed.

should be a pretty exciting series for us few hockey nuts.

Archived