Manigini announces 8-Way QB Comptetition in this year's camp

jetfuel

Interesting QB scenario for the Jets:

Well, it’s only interesting because we don’t have much to talk about right now other than Justin Miller getting arrested. It is also not to be taken all that seriously.

In addition to already having Chad Pennington, Kellen Clemens, and Marques Tuiasasopo on the team (if Tui makes the team), there is a good chance that the Jets will start the season with 8 options at QB. That’s right, 8! They could conceivably have 3 of their top 5 WR’s as an option at QB. Brad Smith, Chansi Stuckey, and Frisman Jackson all played QB in college. Think about the trick play possibilities if those three are all on the field at the same time. Then add the possibility of Stacy Tutt being put into the package as the lone back in a 4 receiver set. That would give you 5 of the 11 players on the field that could possibly throw the ball (although some of you will make a wise-ace remark about how Chad Pennington can’t because he has a noodle arm or some other ignorant statement about the best QB this team has had in over a decade) … anyway, off the tangent and back to the point … with Brian Schottenheimer running this offense things could get quite interesting out there. Imagine if they had this combination last season when they tried to pull off that miracle play in the 4th Quarter against Indianapolis. In a pinch, the Jets also have Kerry Rhodes as an option behind Center.

Misleading titles like that are bad....

The only QB battle is for the # 2 spot... Kellen and Tui have to duke it out...

Come on man, if anyone really thinks that Mangini announced an 8-way QB battle they are obviously not all that aware of things. Relax

Come on man, if anyone really thinks that Mangini announced an 8-way QB battle they are obviously not all that aware of things. Relax

Sorry I should have put a smiley on that... it wasnt very serious... :lol:

So when Brett Ratliff beats out James Pennington for the 3rd string job, what happens to James then?

1. Clemens

2. B.Smith

3. Ratliff

4. Tui

5. Stuckey

6. Jackson

7. Coles

8. Pennington

Sorry I should have put a smiley on that... it wasnt very serious... :lol:

I guess in all actuality I am the fool here for not realizing that you weren't serious. Why does that not surprise me?

:D

So when Brett Ratliff beats out James Pennington for the 3rd string job, what happens to James then?

1. Clemens

2. B.Smith

3. Ratliff

4. Tui

5. Stuckey

6. Jackson

7. Coles

8. Pennington

You find anyone better than Pennington for the 8th string QB?

I think you're the ignorant one. VT and Neil O'Donnel I think were both easily better. People cite Chad getting to the playoffs and what not as proof that he is a good QB, but those guys went further in the playoffs, actually came back from 8+ down, and carried worse teams (less so for O'Donnel, but VT was on some **** teams for sure).

O'Donnell? WOW!

:puke:

That is what I thought when I read that.

Vinny had a couple of good years and one very good one so I can see that as a possibility but WOW about O'Donnell. How about Rick Mirer, Bubby Brister, and Browning Nagle while we're at it?

I think you're the ignorant one. VT and Neil O'Donnel I think were both easily better. People cite Chad getting to the playoffs and what not as proof that he is a good QB, but those guys went further in the playoffs, actually came back from 8+ down, and carried worse teams (less so for O'Donnel, but VT was on some **** teams for sure).

I can see Vinny, but O'Donnell? That is a real stretch. HUGE stretch.

Vinny was on some **** teams? When? With the Jets the only **** team he was on was the injured '05 team. How'd he do? 1 td and 6 ints. Don't forget all the fumbles. What other **** teams was he on? Tampa? When he had 35 ints? Yikes! Vinny on a bad team might well be the biggest turnover machine in history. O'Donnell had a nice season in '97, but Chad's had some nice seasons too. O'Donnell isn't exactly the guy you want trying to manufacture points. He was a game manager as much as anyone.

Archived