Calling TEAM CLEMENS.. Lets put our swords down

.......and Chad did get to start eventually, didnt he? Thats my point, high pick selection guarantees Clemens will get his chance.. We should have started Chad in 2001, maybe he would have been more mature as a QB for 2002.....

If I felt this team was a playoff team I'd agree that rooting for them to lose is bad....but this IS NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM! Go right ahead and point to last years record, but that was on an easy schedule. This years is very hard...but really that is not the point here......

Would you agree that IF this team doesnt make the playoffs in 2007 that, in hindsight, we should have started Clemens instead of Chad? Clemens is gonna get his shot eventually, whether you like to admit it or not. We're just wasting away valuable learning experience in actual games by keeping him on the bench for a 31 yr old has been.

And more than likely Clemens will get 2 seasons to prove himself. His first starting he will have to show something, and the 2nd yr starting he will have to improve considerably.

2 years in the NFL is a long time, so there is absolutely no reason to continue to waste time, which is what we are doing by starting Chad.

This is utterly disgraceful on your part Barton. Any fan who roots for his team to lose is not a true fan. Just because you think that the Jets are not a playoff team or because you just hate Chad so much does NOT mean it is ok to root for the team to lose.

Barton you're a good poster but unless you take all of this back I do not have any respect for you.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is utterly disgraceful on your part Barton. Any fan who roots for his team to lose is not a true fan. Just because you think that the Jets are not a playoff team or because you just hate Chad so much does NOT mean it is ok to root for the team to lose.

Barton you're a good poster but unless you take all of this back I do not have any respect for you.

Sticking with Chad at QB is just going in circles with this franchise.

Sticking with Chad at QB is just going in circles with this franchise.

So because you don't think Chad is good it's ok to root for your team to lose? Sorry Barton, that explanation just doesn't fly.

Also, Mangini is going to play the QB who gives the Jets best chance to win. You can be sure that whoever is playing QB for the Jets is the one that gives this team the best chance to win. Unless you're willing to say you know better than Mangini I would quit saying you want your team to lose.

I cannot even come close to comprehending how you could possibly root for your team to lose. What you're saying just makes me want to puke.

So because you don't think Chad is good it's ok to root for your team to lose? Sorry Barton, that explanation just doesn't fly.

Also, Mangini is going to play the QB who gives the Jets best chance to win. You can be sure that whoever is playing QB for the Jets is the one that gives this team the best chance to win. Unless you're willing to say you know better than Mangini I would quit saying you want your team to lose.

I cannot even come close to comprehending how you could possibly root for your team to lose. What you're saying just makes me want to puke.

Can you and ecurb answer these questions for me:

Would you agree that IF this team doesnt make the playoffs in 2007 that, in hindsight, we should have started Clemens instead of Chad?

Do you agree that actual 'in game experience' at this point in Clemens and Penningtons careers, would be more beneficial to Clemens than Pennington?

Would you agree that IF this team doesnt make the playoffs in 2007 that, in hindsight, we should have started Clemens instead of Chad?

Do you agree that actual 'in game experience' at this point in Clemens and Penningtons careers, would be more beneficial to Clemens than Pennington?

Change that a bit... if they arent in the playoff hunt... then maybe... but if they barely miss the playoffs in a stacked AFC... then no... you play the best QB.

Change that a bit... if they arent in the playoff hunt... then maybe... but if they barely miss the playoffs in a stacked AFC... then no... you play the best QB.

Its either YES or NO.

(and you didnt answer the 2nd question)

Question for you: Has Chad Pennington ever won 11 or more games in a regular season?

Question for you: Has Chad Pennington ever won 11 or more games in a regular season?

This year he will, bank on it.

Barton I didn't answer the 2nd question because it was pointless.. I would benefit more than Chad Pennington would from in game experience... doesn't mean I should be the JETS QB...

All that proves is that Clemens isnt ready to play.

I hope we start out the season so badly that we are forced to play Clemens. 1-5 should do the trick.

124, My sword withdrawn with the eception of stupity like Barton, and Im sorry for associating you with Sir Barton the Duesh.

What he said about wanting the jets to lose so the coaches can put in a undeveloped Kellen too soon, is not surprizing to me. Whats surprizing is not that he thinks this is a good thing but that people didnt think this is the crap he would come up with.

I dont know how long or how well jackass here has been on Jet Nation, But Im more convinced now, more than ever, that he knows nothing about the game. His opinions are worthless and I for one will just leave this Jackass alone.

Barton I know you have a problem reading something and understanding it. But try to comprehend this. Mangini doesnt play a qb cause he likes him, he play a guy if they offer the best chance to win. He's not a fan, he's the coach. Here the kicker thats going to go over your small square head but by letting Kellen fulfill his back up roll to Chad he's learning and getting ready to be a Jet starter. By throwing Kellen in before he's ready, its bad for him and the team. Trust in the coach, cause you my friend are not smart enough for the job.....

Oh and I dont see why having a Pro Clemens avatar or whatever means anything necceesarily. Who cares what he has....I like the idea of the Chad/Helen wars thread. Make it happen lol.

The answer is who cares? It would have already happened and there's nothing you can do about it.

How bout answering THIS question Barton: Do you trust Mangini to start the QB who gives the Jets the best chance to win?

That is the only thing that matters here.

The answer is who cares? It would have already happened and there's nothing you can do about it.

How bout answering THIS question Barton: Do you trust Mangini to start the QB who gives the Jets the best chance to win?

That is the only thing that matters here.

Can you just answer the question before you ask me one, please.

And I never said I didnt trust Mangin to start the best QB, but even he does not know how good Clemens can be when he has yet to play an actual game. Practice does not always translate to the actual games.

Whenever someone questions Chad, the Chadinettes play the "Mangini knows all, are you questioning him?!?" card, like he cannot possible make a mistake with his QB situation.

And I dont see Mangini posting here on the forum, so this debate is between what the fans think is the right thing to do, not what Mangini thinks is the right thing to do.

Can you just answer the question before you ask me one, please.

And I never said I didnt trust Mangin to start the best QB, but even he does not know how good Clemens can be when he has yet to play an actual game. Practice does not always translate to the actual games.

Whenever someone questions Chad, the Chadinettes play the "Mangini knows all, are you questioning him?!?" card, like he cannot possible make a mistake with his QB situation.

And I dont see Mangini posting here on the forum, so this debate is between what the fans think is the right thing to do, not what Mangini thinks is the right thing to do.

I don't even know where you're going with this argument anymore. I'm aware that Mangini does not post here, but seeing how he is the Jets head coach I'm gonna go out on a limb and say his opinions matter just a teeny bit when it comes to who our starting QB is.

I'm hardly a "Chadinette" I just trust Mangini to put the QB who gives this team the best chance to win at QB. If that's Clemens then fine. But right now Mangini and the rest of the coaching staff clearly seem to think Pennington is the better QB right now, and if they thought that Clemens was better he would be the starter. The coaching staff is not about to throw away the season just to see if Clemens is any good. This was a playoff team with Pennington last year and they are certainly going to be a contender this year.

You're fighting a losing battle Barton, and a disgraceful one at that.

I don't even know where you're going with this argument anymore. I'm aware that Mangini does not post here, but seeing how he is the Jets head coach I'm gonna go out on a limb and say his opinions matter just a teeny bit when it comes to who our starting QB is.

I'm hardly a "Chadinette" I just trust Mangini to put the QB who gives this team the best chance to win at QB. If that's Clemens then fine. But right now Mangini and the rest of the coaching staff clearly seem to think Pennington is the better QB right now, and if they thought that Clemens was better he would be the starter. The coaching staff is not about to throw away the season just to see if Clemens is any good. This was a playoff team with Pennington last year and they are certainly going to be a contender this year.

You're fighting a losing battle Barton, and a disgraceful one at that.

Can you just please answer this question and stop ignoring it:

Can you just please answer this question and stop ignoring it:

I did answer the question. The answer is that the question is irrelevant because if that happens then it happens and you can't change it.

I did answer the question. The answer is that the question is irrelevant because if that happens then it happens and you can't change it.

Its a yes or no question. Refusing to answer the question is not answering the question.

Cmon, I dont need to explain this to you MJ.

Its a hypothetical question, in case you didnt notice that. So you saying "its irrelevant because you cant change it etc etc" is just an attempt to dodge. It is a HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION.

Sorry, 124, but I don't have a sword, I have a machine gun.

I have never NOT supported Chad Pennington when he is on the field, but that doesn't mean I am going to support him on here until he shows me a reason to.

Its a yes or no question. Refusing to answer the question is not answering the question.

Cmon, I dont need to explain this to you MJ.

Its a hypothetical question, in case you didnt notice that. So you saying "its irrelevant because you cant change it etc etc" is just an attempt to dodge. It is a HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION.

LOL I know it is a hypothetical question and what I'm trying to tell you is that is a stupid question. I'm pretty sure Mangini thinks he's got a pretty good team here and he is going to try to make the playoffs, and if Pennington starts all season and they end up just missing out on the playoffs than no I do not think we should have started Clemens.

If we end up missing the playoffs by a lot and have a sub-500 record, which I strongly doubt is going to happen, then Clemens will probably come in and play at some point anyway.

Sorry, 124, but I don't have a sword, I have a machine gun.

I have never NOT supported Chad Pennington when he is on the field, but that doesn't mean I am going to support him on here until he shows me a reason to.

That is a much more logical answer. If you don't think he's a good QB then I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem if you want him to fail just so you can tell yourself that you were right about him.

LOL I know it is a hypothetical question and what I'm trying to tell you is that is a stupid question. I'm pretty sure Mangini thinks he's got a pretty good team here and he is going to try to make the playoffs, and if Pennington starts all season and they end up just missing out on the playoffs than no I do not think we should have started Clemens.

If we end up missing the playoffs by a lot and have a sub-500 record, which I strongly doubt is going to happen, then Clemens will probably come in and play at some point anyway.

ding ding ding

We have a winner...

Barton your question is flawed...

And there it is. Jeez that was like pulling teeth. :)

And can you explain why you feel that barely missing out on the playoffs with Chad (also having the heir apparent at QB gain zero game experience) is somehow better than missing out on the playoffs completely?

What is gained for in 2008 if we did not make the playoffs in 2007 by 1 game or 5 games? Nothing at all. Missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs. If we're gonna miss the playoffs, then we should give the QB of the future game experience. That can be the silver lining to a nonplayoff season - the heir apparent gains experience.

When you start a stop gap QB (and thats what chad is) an entire season and fail to make the playoffs while you have the QB of the future on the bench the team gains NOTHING. No silver lining. Nothing. A waste of a season.

And can you explain why you feel that barely missing out on the playoffs with Chad (also having the heir apparent at QB gain zero game experience) is somehow better than missing out on the playoffs completely?

What is gained for in 2008 if we did not make the playoffs in 2007 by 1 game or 5 games? Nothing at all. Missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs. If we're gonna miss the playoffs, then we should give the QB of the future game experience. That can be the silver lining to a nonplayoff season - the heir apparent gains experience.

When you start a stop gap QB (and thats what chad is) an entire season and fail to make the playoffs while you have the QB of the future on the bench the team gains NOTHING. No silver lining. Nothing. A waste of a season.

In the end if you miss the playoffs it does not matter how many games you missed it by. However if you are a contender all season you do not know if you are going to miss the playoffs or not. That is the point I am making. Unless you are clairvoyant and can tell us in the middle of the season whether the Jets will make the playoffs or not, and assuming that Pennington has been starting all year, then of course you would leave him in as the starter.

If the Jets were to miss the playoffs by 5 games they would probably realize by November that they will miss the playoffs but that scenario is highly unlikely.

No it is not. And if you dont understand the meaning of my sig pic, dont put it in your sig please.

I know exactly what it means... you missed the meaning of mine I guess...

Yours is supposed to depict someone like myself for being a blind chad fan...

Mine shows that you are indeed the blind one... and are dumb enough to wear his jersey... sort of like the KKK episode on Chapelles show...

If the JETS barely miss the playoffs... I highly doubt all blame can be placed on the QB position.... thats why...

I know exactly what it means... you missed the meaning of mine I guess...

Yours is supposed to depict someone like myself for being a blind chad fan...

Mine shows that you are indeed the blind one... and are dumb enough to wear his jersey... sort of like the KKK episode on Chapelles show...

Where am I wearing his jersey? I dont wear Pennington jerseys.

Better than hating one of the best QB's in the NFL blindly...

Define "one of the best. Top 32? 33?

If you think more turnovers than touchdowns makes you "one of the best" you are mistaken. But what else is new.

(your sig is still loading)

Define "one of the best. Top 32? 33?

If you think more turnovers than touchdowns makes you "one of the best" you are mistaken. But what else is new.

(your sig is still loading)

He is a top 15 maybe even top 10 QB... those arent easy to come by... you build around them...

Archived