Calling TEAM CLEMENS.. Lets put our swords down

He is a top 15 maybe even top 10 QB... those arent easy to come by... you build around them...

Not when 11 of the last 15 SB winning QBs were HOF Quarterbacks, and not borderline top 15 at best.

Only FOUR TIMES in the last 15 years has the superbowl winning QB not been a HOFer, and 2 of those 4 times (Roethlisberger, Warner), they played at an ELITE LEVEL, even had borderline HOF seasons (Warner)

When Chad plays at an elite level, let me know.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not when 11 of the last 15 SB winning QBs were HOF Quarterbacks, and not borderline top 15 at best.

Only FOUR TIMES in the last 15 years has the superbowl winning QB not been a HOFer, and 2 of those 4 times (Roethlisberger, Warner), they played at an ELITE LEVEL, even had borderline HOF seasons (Warner)

When Chad plays at an elite level, let me know.

So a top 15 QB cant win the SuperBowl in your eyes?

IN other words.. in your eyes... until the JETS find a HOF QB... they will not win the SB>?

So a top 15 QB cant win the SuperBowl in your eyes?

IN other words.. in your eyes... until the JETS find a HOF QB... they will not win the SB>?

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

He said that a QB must play at an ELITE level for a team to win a Super Bowl. And that is true.

It's also true that Chad Pennington has not come close to playing at an elite level since 2002.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

He said that a QB must play at an ELITE level for a team to win a Super Bowl. And that is true.

It's also true that Chad Pennington has not come close to playing at an elite level since 2002.

You think peyton manning played at an elite level in even half the post season games? Not even close, he played like a putz for half the game against NE, the entire game against Balt, and through a ton of picks to KC. What a joke. B Johnson didn't do anything to win the "big game", Brady didn't do much in 02.

i think people are forgetting there are 21 other positions on the field, and a few of them do hold a little bit of importance. just a little.

You think peyton manning played at an elite level in even half the post season games? Not even close, he played like a putz for half the game against NE, the entire game against Balt, and through a ton of picks to KC. What a joke. B Johnson didn't do anything to win the "big game", Brady didn't do much in 02.

i think people are forgetting there are 21 other positions on the field, and a few of them do hold a little bit of importance. just a little.

not to mention Chad has shown improvement in carrying the team... he had his first back to back 300 yard games... he ran the no huddle well and commanded respect from the defense...

This year is a make or break year for Chad... and he will come up big.

Would the Colts have made it to the Super Bowl had Manning not played like a Hall of Famer in the second half against New England? The answer is no.

And, Brad Johnson had an all-time great defense. Plus, he was better in his prime than Chad ever will be.

I seem to recall Tom Brady leading the '01 Patriots down the field with under two minutes left to set them up for the winning field goal. When is the last time Chad led a game winning drive in the last two minutes to beat a GOOD, not Super Bowl caliber, a GOOD team? Has that EVER happened?

not to mention Chad has shown improvement in carrying the team... he had his first back to back 300 yard games... he ran the no huddle well and commanded respect from the defense...

This year is a make or break year for Chad... and he will come up big.

LMAO.

He had back-to-back 300 yard games in the FIRST TWO GAMES OF THE SEASON.

Here we are talking Super Bowl, and ecurb has to bring up September to try to make a point.

Its opeless for guys like troll doll and barton the duesh. These guys are nuts. Aafter camp ends and Chad is named starter do you think they will admit that the idea of putting in an undeveloped Kellen in place of established Chad P. is a bad idea? Just for the mere fact that he hasnt won the Super Bowl yet. You know is impossible to explain stuff to guys that have an IQ of an average Maimi fan.

Its opeless for guys like troll doll and barton the duesh. These guys are nuts. Aafter camp ends and Chad is named starter do you think they will admit that the idea of putting in an undeveloped Kellen in place of established Chad P. is a bad idea? Just for the mere fact that he hasnt won the Super Bowl yet. You know is impossible to explain stuff to guys that have an IQ of an average Maimi fan.

This entire post is a personal attack. Please don't tell me I'm stupid or call people names because we happen to watch a mediocre QB named Chad Pennington and aren't afraid to admit he is just that...MEDIOCRE at best.

This entire post is a personal attack. Please don't tell me I'm stupid or call people names because we happen to watch a mediocre QB named Chad Pennington and aren't afraid to admit he is just that...MEDIOCRE at best.

No, you are.

Would the Colts have made it to the Super Bowl had Manning not played like a Hall of Famer in the second half against New England? The answer is no.

And, Brad Johnson had an all-time great defense. Plus, he was better in his prime than Chad ever will be.

I seem to recall Tom Brady leading the '01 Patriots down the field with under two minutes left to set them up for the winning field goal. When is the last time Chad led a game winning drive in the last two minutes to beat a GOOD, not Super Bowl caliber, a GOOD team? Has that EVER happened?

First off, a ton of QB's could have beaten NE that day, had they started off better. Yes manning turned it on later in the game, good for him, he still played awful to start the game. If it wasn't for his defense they'd have lost by 20, regardless of how hot manning got.

The colts are the perfect example of not needing an all time great defense to win the big game, all you need is your defense to play 'great' for a few games. The colts did that, and took home the trophy. who is to say the Jets coudln't put together 3 great defensive games in the playoffs? If that happened, and it could happen, then all you would need is a smart QB that won't make mistakes, a good kicker and a running game. All of which the jets are currently improving.

The bucs were an all time great defense, but johnson was not doing them many favors, he didn't throw picks, and handed the ball off, wow...impressive.

Brady had one good series against the Rams, it happened to be the last drive of the game, he didn't do much before that, so again, the defense carried them.

Seems to me the defense is more important than QB play (generally) when it comes to the super bowl. So why aren't we bitching and Dyson for not being Champ Bailey? Or Ellis for not being Julius Peppers, or Colemen for not being Ed Reed? Pennington is only part of the picture, had he been on the bears they could have beaten the colts, so is he that bad? hell no. He isn't a HOFer that can carry an entire team, but he could win the super bowl with a good enough D.

In order to increase the chances to get to a superbowl, you NEED to have a 1st rd bye.

Chads not a good enough QB to lead his team to a 1st rd bye in the AFC. He's never even sniffed a 1st rd bye.

Every single f'n year its a new excuse for Chad.

Post 2002: You'll see how great he is after that raiders game where he bombed! Better than Tom Brady!

Post 2003: He wasnt healthy, lets see what he does in 2004!

Post 2004: He had a career ending injury, and doug brien lost us the game! (Chad led Jets O to 3 points vs Steelers in 5 Qs)

Post 2005: He had another career ending injury and Herm is a moron! Give him a chance at a healthy season!

Post 2006: (Chad stays healthy) But it was his 1st year in the system! Give him a chance again in 2007!

2007 is the year where excuses end. No more excuses.

In order to increase the chances to get to a superbowl, you NEED to have a 1st rd bye.

Chads not a good enough QB to lead his team to a 1st rd bye in the AFC. He's never even sniffed a 1st rd bye.

Every single f'n year its a new excuse for Chad.

Post 2002: You'll see how great he is after that raiders game where he bombed! Better than Tom Brady!

He was a new QB at this point pretty much thrown into the fire and not even you can deny he had a great year.

Post 2003: He wasnt healthy, lets see what he does in 2004!

Pretty much... this is more of a simple fact rather than an excuse...

Post 2004: He had a career ending injury, and doug brien lost us the game! (Chad led Jets O to 3 points vs Steelers in 5 Qs)

You forget to mention he beat the Chargers (12-4) not only once in the regular season, but also beat them in the playoffs... He has a bad game a against a GREAT Steelers defense... if Brien makes a freakin kick... they win that game...

Post 2005: He had another career ending injury and Herm is a moron! Give him a chance at a healthy season!

Herm rushed him back... Chad is a warrior and didnt fully rehab... rather he took his shot back on the field... it ended in disaster... even if he was healthy Herm surely would have ruined this season...

Post 2006: (Chad stays healthy) But it was his 1st year in the system! Give him a chance again in 2007!

Nothing to complain about in 06'... this team over achieved big time... Chad might not have had the best stats, but that doesn't mean **** when you win. He did it all with rookies on the o-line, no running game, and new coaches...

Again not excuses just facts... Chad prevailed and helped that team overachieve and get into the playoffs... something NOBODY thought was possible...

2007 is the year where excuses end. No more excuses.

..... Responses in bold...

First off, a ton of QB's could have beaten NE that day, had they started off better. Yes manning turned it on later in the game, good for him, he still played awful to start the game. If it wasn't for his defense they'd have lost by 20, regardless of how hot manning got.

The colts are the perfect example of not needing an all time great defense to win the big game, all you need is your defense to play 'great' for a few games. The colts did that, and took home the trophy. who is to say the Jets coudln't put together 3 great defensive games in the playoffs? If that happened, and it could happen, then all you would need is a smart QB that won't make mistakes, a good kicker and a running game. All of which the jets are currently improving.

The bucs were an all time great defense, but johnson was not doing them many favors, he didn't throw picks, and handed the ball off, wow...impressive.

Brady had one good series against the Rams, it happened to be the last drive of the game, he didn't do much before that, so again, the defense carried them.

Seems to me the defense is more important than QB play (generally) when it comes to the super bowl. So why aren't we bitching and Dyson for not being Champ Bailey? Or Ellis for not being Julius Peppers, or Colemen for not being Ed Reed? Pennington is only part of the picture, had he been on the bears they could have beaten the colts, so is he that bad? hell no. He isn't a HOFer that can carry an entire team, but he could win the super bowl with a good enough D.

good point

I hope we start out the season so badly that we are forced to play Clemens. 1-5 should do the trick.

You my friend are an as*hole!!!

Go take your Chad hatin ass away to a Patriots forum.

Dissin Chad is one thing but rootin for the jets to lose is just a disgrace to all Jets fans.

Why wouldnt you just hope that he leads the Jets to a superbowl???

Maybe because that may involve you being a real Jets fan???

You my friend are an as*hole!!!

Go take your Chad hatin ass away to a Patriots forum.

Dissin Chad is one thing but rootin for the jets to lose is just a disgrace to all Jets fans.

Why wouldnt you just hope that he leads the Jets to a superbowl???

Maybe because that may involve you being a real Jets fan???

:lol:

Push comes to shove I will root for the Jets. Trust me, I've said in the past I hope they lose such and such game, but I always end up pulling for them to win once the game actually starts.

I'll just say this: I wont be on here complaining about a 1-5 season if it gets Chad benched.

:lol:

Push comes to shove I will root for the Jets. Trust me, I've said in the past I hope they lose such and such game, but I always end up pulling for them to win once the game actually starts.

I'll just say this: I wont be on here complaining about a 1-5 season if it gets Chad benched.

No offense, but i hope your not on here either when the season starts out 5-1, Chad leading the way....

Archived