Calling TEAM CLEMENS.. Lets put our swords down

TEAM CLEMENS & to fellow readers:

I am here to state that from June 8th, 2007 and foward, we must support the current starting Quarterback of the New York Jets, James Chadwick Pennington, until our Head Coach decideds it is time for our future, Roy Kellen Clemens, to take the reigns and lead the way. This is not a sarcastic post, this is sincere and I do believe this on-going bickering between the Clemanades & Chads Hard Lemonade's needs to end. Training Camp will soon be upon us and shortly there after, the regular season.

For the 2007 season, Chad Pennington will most likely be named the starter. If he plays poorly or is injured, we all know that Mangini will not hesitate to put Kellen in the game, if he believes he gives the Jets the best chance to win. Obviously the Jets want Kellen to sit on the bench for 2 seasons and learn under Pennington, unless of course he plays like absolute garbage or is hurt sometime during the regular season.

2008 is the real year where we should expereince either a true Quarterback competition OR Kellen will be given the job outright, depending on the 2007 performance, or possible lack there of, of Chad Pennington.

So I ask you Pennington and Clemens faithful, please, let us merge together as one. Not as all Pennington or Clemens faithful, just as Jets faithful and let us re-name ourselves:

TEAM JETS.

In 2008, let the competition begin.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am here to state that from June 8th, 2007 and foward, we must support the current starting Quarterback of the New York Jets, James Chadwick Pennington, until our Head Coach decideds it is time for our future, Roy Kellen Clemens, to take the reigns and lead the way. This is not a sarcastic post, this is sincere and I do believe this on-going bickering between the Clemanades & Chads Hard Lemonade's needs to end. Training Camp will soon be upon us and shortly there after, the regular season.

For the 2007 season, Chad Pennington will most likely be named the starter. If he plays poorly or is injured, we all know that Mangini will not hesitate to put Kellen in the game, if he believes he gives the Jets the best chance to win. Obviously the Jets want Kellen to sit on the bench for 2 seasons and learn under Pennington, unless of course he plays like absolute garbage or is hurt sometime during the regular season.

2008 is the real year where we should expereince either a true Quarterback competition OR Kellen will be given the job outright, depending on the 2007 performance, or possible lack there of, of Chad Pennington.

So I ask you Pennington and Clemens faithful, please, let us merge together as one. Not as all Pennington or Clemens faithful, just as Jets faithful and let us re-name ourselves:

TEAM JETS.

LOL, i love it, but what if i don't like either guy?

your plea might be a little more convincing if you changed your avatar and signature...;)

Well I'm changing my signature ASAP, changed my avatar to a picture of Kellen, I can have a picture of Kellen if I like, its not getting on Chad.:)

Well I'm changing my signature ASAP, changed my avatar to a picture of Kellen, I can have a picture of Kellen if I like, its not getting on Chad.:)

hmmm... sounds a little suspicious... are you sure this is not a missionary tactic for cult clemens..

TEAM JETS.

:cheers:

I am a huge Pennington fan and I think that this is the best way to handle things. I am first and foremost a JETS fan and the most important thing to me is to support the guy who leads the team. As much as I think Chad can bring this team further than a lot of people seem to think, if Mangini turned around and put Clemens in there I would certainly support him. It does not help if all the Jets fans are hating on Chad because he is our QB of the now.

The only time I agree with the fans ripping on the starting QB is when it is a guy like Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell, Browning Nagle, or even a Rick Mirer. Chad is not in that crappy class so does not deserve to be treated like he has been treated. Besides Testaverde and a small spark by Ray Lucas, Chad is the only QB worth anything that the Jets have had on the field since Ken O'Brien left 15 years ago (we can sit and debate about Kenny O but if he ever had a true supporting cast on the O-Line and more than one WR we would be speaking much differently about him). In my opinion Chad is the best they have had in that time period although Vinny did have a couple of nice seasons.

Anyway, the point is that the piling on Chad is not deserved and regardless he is our guy right now so we all need to get behind him and stop wishing for the unknown in Clemens until his time to take over arrives. I will be fully behind Kellen at that time. I think he is going to turn out to be a very good NFL QB but he can still learn a lot from backing up Chad for the time being.

I hope we start out the season so badly that we are forced to play Clemens. 1-5 should do the trick.

spoken like a true jets fan. i know i always want the jets to lose as much as possible, makes me feel awsome.

only you would actually hope the jets lose, damn pats fan.

This team needs to take a step backwards before they take 2 steps forward.

Its only inevitable that Clemens becomes the starter because 1. He was a high draft pick and 2. Chad is mediocre..........so there is no reason to waste time when we have a below average sissy armed QB currently as our starter. JMO.

Its only inevitable that Clemens becomes the starter because 1. He was a high draft pick and 2. Chad is mediocre..........so there is no reason to waste time when we have a below average sissy armed QB currently as our starter. JMO.

Because Chad definitely wasn't a first round pick.

Rooting for your team to lose is a total pussy thing to do.

:cheers:

we can sit and debate about Kenny O but if he ever had a true supporting cast on the O-Line and more than one WR we would be speaking much differently about him

I can't let this slide...which one was the "one WR" that Kenny O had? Al Toon or Wesley Walker? Besides them O'Brien also had good 3rd and 4th wr, Mickey Shuler and backs that could catch out of the backfield. The team he had wasn't perfect (except before the injuries hit in '86) but lack of firepower at WR was not a problem.

So, Mangini is going to blow five games so he could throw in a QB that many had slated as a late round development Qb. Wow, so you hope that the Jets lose so your personal favorite becomes QB. What if Chad plays great, then your thumb would really be up your ass. Well, at least daily Chad v. Kellen wars are stopped with a temporary truce. I still say that there should be a thread at top solely devoted to Chad and Kellen wars and I have said that before. Join Team Tutt!

Because Chad definitely wasn't a first round pick.

Rooting for your team to lose is a total pussy thing to do.

.......and Chad did get to start eventually, didnt he? Thats my point, high pick selection guarantees Clemens will get his chance.. We should have started Chad in 2001, maybe he would have been more mature as a QB for 2002.....

If I felt this team was a playoff team I'd agree that rooting for them to lose is bad....but this IS NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM! Go right ahead and point to last years record, but that was on an easy schedule. This years is very hard...but really that is not the point here......

Would you agree that IF this team doesnt make the playoffs in 2007 that, in hindsight, we should have started Clemens instead of Chad? Clemens is gonna get his shot eventually, whether you like to admit it or not. We're just wasting away valuable learning experience in actual games by keeping him on the bench for a 31 yr old has been.

And more than likely Clemens will get 2 seasons to prove himself. His first starting he will have to show something, and the 2nd yr starting he will have to improve considerably.

2 years in the NFL is a long time, so there is absolutely no reason to continue to waste time, which is what we are doing by starting Chad.

Here's the bottom effing line

The sooner we throw him (Clemens) out there to start, the sooner we find out if he's the real deal or a bust and we have to draft another QB. And the sooner we find out that we have to draft another QB if he busts - the better. And the sooner we find out if he's the real deal and we build around him - the better.

Win-Win situation.

From Hutchinson this morning:

Backup QB Kellen Clemens, a second-year pro and heir apparent to Chad Pennington, has been erratic during OTAs, but Mangini attributes it to the installation of new plays and experimentation. Raiders castoff Marques Tuiasosopo and rookie free agent Brett Ratliff (Utah) are the other quarterbacks on the roster.

LB Jonathan Vilma was excused yesterday to attend the graduation of his sister from Harvard University. Rookie second-round pick David Harris replaced him with the first team. Interestingly, second-year pro Anthony Schlegel, a third-round pick out of Ohio State, continues to slide down the depth chart and might not make the team in training camp.

WR Justin McCareins, the subject of trade rumors, continues to sparkle and it appears unlikely that he'll be dealt.

"Even if I ended up somewhere else, what would it hurt me to keep working as hard as I can?" McCareins said. "I'm a professional."

C Nick Mangold (undisclosed injury) did limited work. LB Matt Chatham (undisclosed injury) didn't participate.

.......and Chad did get to start eventually, didnt he? Thats my point, high pick selection guarantees Clemens will get his chance.. We should have started Chad in 2001, maybe he would have been more mature as a QB for 2002.....

If I felt this team was a playoff team I'd agree that rooting for them to lose is bad....but this IS NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM! Go right ahead and point to last years record, but that was on an easy schedule. This years is very hard...but really that is not the point here......

Would you agree that IF this team doesnt make the playoffs in 2007 that, in hindsight, we should have started Clemens instead of Chad? Clemens is gonna get his shot eventually, whether you like to admit it or not. We're just wasting away valuable learning experience in actual games by keeping him on the bench for a 31 yr old has been.

And more than likely Clemens will get 2 seasons to prove himself. His first starting he will have to show something, and the 2nd yr starting he will have to improve considerably.

2 years in the NFL is a long time, so there is absolutely no reason to continue to waste time, which is what we are doing by starting Chad.

Here's the bottom effing line

The sooner we throw him (Clemens) out there to start, the sooner we find out if he's the real deal or a bust and we have to draft another QB. And the sooner we find out that we have to draft another QB if he busts - the better. And the sooner we find out if he's the real deal and we build around him - the better.

Win-Win situation.

The schedule is not as hard as you make it out to be... they play the Cheifs, Giants, Dolphins, Bills, SKins, Steelers, Browns... none of which are elite teams by any means...

Mangini will play the best QB... not who he thinks... might be good... maybe...

If Kellen cant beat out Chad fair and square, it would take a season ending injury...

You can keep singing your "we arent a playoff team" tune all you want... you sang it last year and ate your words Im sure... and get ready to chow down again.

The schedule is not as hard as you make it out to be... they play the Cheifs, Giants, Dolphins, Bills, SKins, Steelers, Browns... none of which are elite teams by any means...

If Kellen cant beat out Chad fair and square, it would take a season ending injury...

You can keep singing your "we arent a playoff team" tune all you want... you sang it last year and ate your words Im sure... and get ready to chow down again.

swords slowly being picked up...

$5 bet, Jets dont make playoffs*

*unless Tom Brady gets season ending injury during reg season

I get $5 if they dont, you get $5 if they do.

$5 bet, Jets dont make playoffs*

*unless Tom Brady gets season ending injury during reg season

I get $5 if they dont, you get $5 if they do.

Injuries are part of the game... so dont pull that BS...

You have officially gone from trying to be realistic about your favorite team... to just flat out hating on them...

Those are some tough teams, the Giants usually seem to beat us, and everyone else always plays us tough. The Steelers are going to be a force next season, they're only 1 year removed from a Super Bowl trophy, and now their QB is healthy and they have a coach who probably wants to coach (it was clear Cowher was done after he won the Super Bowl). The Browns beat us last season. The Fins I kinda expect 2 wins, they're one of the few wins I have us slated for and feel confident about. Everything else is too unsure.

Those are some tough teams, the Giants usually seem to beat us, and everyone else always plays us tough. The Steelers are going to be a force next season, they're only 1 year removed from a Super Bowl trophy, and now their QB is healthy and they have a coach who probably wants to coach (it was clear Cowher was done after he won the Super Bowl). The Browns beat us last season. The Fins I kinda expect 2 wins, they're one of the few wins I have us slated for and feel confident about. Everything else is too unsure.

Steelers have a new coach, new system, new players... they are a shell of their Superbowl team...

The Giants are a train wreck

The Bills lost Key players on both sides of the ball and are worse this year than last...

The Jets should not have lost to the Browns... and wont loose to them again.

The Skins aren't very good... what NFC team is though aside from a few...

The Phins suck.

Herm will have the Cheifs in pieces by the time the JETS play them.

Nice 124. When/If Kellen takes over, he'll be my guy...but until then, Chad still is. You had me worried for a while there ;)

Btw ecurb...while i agree with most of the analysis of those teams, the Bills are perfectly capable of snagging one, the Giants are a rival, and anything can happen in a rivalry game, and the Redskins could be the NFC-easts best team next year if Williams can get that Defense right, plus they get some more consistent play from the QB position.

Not saying they WILL win, im just saying its possible. However, its also "possible" for the Jets to win twice against the Pats...just very, very unlikely. Also, Dallas=overrated, and theyre a team most people are picking to beat the Jets this year(maybe even me, when i picked once the schedules came out...i cant remember).

TEAM JETS.

Was this before or after the tired old article on the Home Page? BTW the majority of fans have been JETS fans first no matter who has been at QB and don't need childish complainers telling us how to be fans.

Then do what I'm doing so I can continue to bash Chad.

Join team BRAD SMITH!:yahoo:

;-)

Actually I have to agree with you. I do like Brad Smith better then both of them. Seriously, chad is going to do well, but I just don't think we have the weapons yet to overcome his limitations.

Archived