What Cahsman cost the Yankees

madmike1

$17 Million for a 5.00 ERA is okay because he had back surgery. 43 year old players with back surgery always improve greatly on their prior seasons. It is fine to trade him even for nothing, because he wasn't worth the money. Even if it's just for public opinion, I feel better about the team not carrying his salary for a #4 starter.

Now this post is an "ACE".

Well done.:cheers:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$17 Million for a 5.00 ERA is okay because he had back surgery. 43 year old players with back surgery always improve greatly on their prior seasons. It is fine to trade him even for nothing, because he wasn't worth the money. Even if it's just for public opinion, I feel better about the team not carrying his salary for a #4 starter.

You got your wish. The Yankees got nothing and he's dominating for Arizona. And the yankees are paying a no 8 starter 46 million.

Don't forget the infamous Steve Trout. The guy Steinbrenner told the media was goingto win teh WS for the Yankees.

After he finds where the strike zone is, I guess.;)

Comparing randy johnson (even the randy johnson the yankees had) with steve trout completely insane.

Comparing randy johnson (even the randy johnson the yankees had) with steve trout completely insane.

Why? Was Trout a better pitcher for the Yankees?;)

You completely missed the thought process on this one. My post was in response to a list another poster made of pitchers who could not pitch in NY. I added another name.

I never compared Trout to Randy. Although both were pitchers would could not/did not, handle NY.

You got your wish. The Yankees got nothing and he's dominating for Arizona. And the yankees are paying a no 8 starter 46 million.

What happened to your "small sample size" arguement? 4-2 with a 3.50 era in the national league is "dominating"? Excuse me if I don't give him the Cy Young yet. You don't seem to comprehend some of these guys were Steinbrenner guys. Randy Johnson, Sheff and Clemens were all George's guys. When George doesn't want them they are dumped. IMO you can't really hang Clemens or Johnson on Cashman. BTW, your number 8 starter had a 2.30 ERA on the senior circuit last year, but I guess that past performance isn't an indicator of future success. Or is it the upward trend from 1.98 in '05 that has you worried?

What happened to your "small sample size" arguement? 4-2 with a 3.50 era in the national league is "dominating"? Excuse me if I don't give him the Cy Young yet. You don't seem to comprehend some of these guys were Steinbrenner guys. Randy Johnson, Sheff and Clemens were all George's guys. When George doesn't want them they are dumped. IMO you can't really hang Clemens or Johnson on Cashman. BTW, your number 8 starter had a 2.30 ERA on the senior circuit last year, but I guess that past performance isn't an indicator of future success. Or is it the upward trend from 1.98 in '05 that has you worried?
Igawa is who I was talking about when I mentioned 46 million for a number 8 starter. People seem to have forgotten that 46 million down the toilet...

As for Johnson his numbers are even more dominant than his record and ERA. His k9 is over 12.

The difference between leagues is not that great that Johnson's stats are meaningless. It's still lineups of major league hitters.

Yet, on the other thread, you knocked Wakefield's start from last night.

Can't have it both ways.;)

Yet, on the other thread, you knocked Wakefield's start from last night.

Can't have it both ways.;)

If wakefield put up the numbers Johnson has this year (against anyone) i'd give him credit too. The problem is that he never has.

Igawa is who I was talking about when I mentioned 46 million for a number 8 starter. People seem to have forgotten that 46 million down the toilet...

As for Johnson his numbers are even more dominant than his record and ERA. His k9 is over 12.

Ah. Igawa. I was wondering where the 46 M figure came from. Clemens is the one I wouldn't have signed. IMO, there is no reason this team as currently constructed should not be in the playoff hunt without Clemens. No reason except for underachieving.

Ah. Igawa. I was wondering where the 46 M figure came from. Clemens is the one I wouldn't have signed. IMO, there is no reason this team as currently constructed should not be in the playoff hunt without Clemens. No reason except for underachieving.

I agree with everything you say there.

If wakefield put up the numbers Johnson has this year (against anyone) i'd give him credit too. The problem is that he never has.

Johnson vs. Colorado- 6 IP 1 hit 9 Ks 0 ER

Wakefield vs. Colorado- 8 IP 4 hits 3 Ks 1 ER.

Give credit where it's due already and stop being a homer.

Wakefield this year: 1.27 WHIP 5.3k9 (those are both career highs and he won't keep it up)

Johnson: 1.06 WHIP 11.47k9

Wakefield this year: 1.27 WHIP 5.3k9 (those are both career highs and he won't keep it up)

Johnson: 1.06 WHIP 11.47k9

That knuckler is weighing down Wake's WHIP ratio. He should scrap it and bring the 79 mph heater.

Carl;

You know his response will twist this around somehow, as I see he has a few posts down. He said "against anyone", and you showed it. :box:

Archived