Top 10 WR Corps in NFL

Ghost

Jerricho Cotchery has had ONE good season.

Wes Welker > The rest of the Jets' receiver core after the starters.

You'd take Cotchery over Rod Smith? Riiight. Is age the only factor you play into this decision? Because for 2007, that would be just, well, dumb.

Stallworth has had 3 good seasons, btw, yes, none over 1,000 yards but neither was Cotchery's one lone season in the sun. I'd love to see the numbers if Stallworth could manage to play and start a full slate of games, instead of 10-13.

Dude rod smith had 500 yards in 16 games last year. He's done.

I wouldn't give him the money they gave him. he's nowhere near enough of a consistent performer.

I guess you could say that, but they clearly have a better corp then us.

Kelly Washington and Wes Walker are both better then J-Mac and Brad Smith.

I guess you could say that, but they clearly have a better corp then us.

Kelly Washington and Wes Walker are both better then J-Mac and Brad Smith.

What has washington ever done? JMac has had better years than him and walker is so friggin overrated. Giving up a 2 for him was a joke.

Denver, Pitt, and Carolina are considerable, but New England ?

With Moss, Stallworth, Walker, and Washington ?

Lets see...Moss is only beats out Coles by a little bit, Cotch kicks Stalloworths ass anyday, Welker has been a no show so far....He was a 3RD WR FOR THE DOLPHINS!!! And Mccariens is probably better then Washington....So yeah, I think the Jets WR's a just as good, if not better, than the pats.

Jerricho Cotchery has had ONE good season.

Wes Welker > The rest of the Jets' receiver core after the starters.

You'd take Cotchery over Rod Smith? Riiight. Is age the only factor you play into this decision? Because for 2007, that would be just, well, dumb.

Stallworth has had 3 good seasons, btw, yes, none over 1,000 yards but neither was Cotchery's one lone season in the sun. I'd love to see the numbers if Stallworth could manage to play and start a full slate of games, instead of 10-13.

Rod Smith is awful.

You are nuts if you would take him over Cotchery.

Denver is very debatable. Marshall hasn't proven anything and Stokely is a walking vagina. Walker is good, but I think him and Coles are about even.

:rl::rl::rl:

and since cotch only had one good season, he must be done then. You're right, i'll take the 40 year old rod smith. lmao...

Lets see...Moss is only beats out Coles by a little bit, Cotch kicks Stallworths ass anyday, Welker has been a no show so far....He was a 3RD WR FOR THE DOLPHINS!!! And Mccareins is probably better then Washington....So yeah, I think the Jets WR's a just as good, if not better, than the pats.

Moss actually has a QB this year, Tom Brady is a player who will make anyone look good. Stallworth had a stellar year, but you have to realize that he was the #1 WR for the Eagles last year, this year he will be playing the #2, which means #2 Cb's are sticking him. And he might take advantage.

Rod Smith is awful.

You are nuts if you would take him over Cotchery.

Denver is very debatable. Marshall hasn't proven anything and Stokely is a walking vagina. Walker is good, but I think him and Coles are about even.

If Cutler was throwing to Coles and Cotchery this wouldn't even be debatable. The fact that Chad can't get the ball down the field hurts their stats.

If Cutler was throwing to Coles and Cotchery this wouldn't even be debatable. The fact that Chad can't get the ball down the field hurts their stats.

Yeah, and even with Cutler throwing the ball down the field, Rod Smith averaged 9.8 yards per reception.

He is cooked.

It's close. Here is an impartial breakdown:

Moss > Coles

I love Coles and think he is an excellent receiver, arguably top 10, but using the statistics argument here is inappropriate. Last two seasons Moss has played in that junkyard in Oakland. Last year the Raiders had no offensive line and a clueless coaching staff. Art Shell is a Rich Kotite clone. Why do you think Jerry Porter tried to escape there last season? Jerry Rice in his prime would have had a bad season in Oakland last year. I still think Moss is one of the top receivers in the NFL and with Tom Brady this year he should be pretty sick.

Cotchery > Stallworth

The stats argument is appropriate to use here and in this case Cotch put up better numbers. Another consideration is that Stallworth had chances in previous years to start in a good offense in New Orleans and he still put up barely above average numbers. Last year was Cotch's first opportunity to be a full time starter and he almost had a 1,000 yard season.

Wes Welker > McCareins/Brad Smith

McCareins is awful. I don't care if Wes Welker was the third receiver on the Falcons behind garbage like Mike Jenkins and Roddy White, almost anyone is better than J-Mac. As for Brad Smith, while I like him we really haven't seen anything from him yet and it's not like he didn't have his chances last year. Smith has potential but hasn't shown anything yet.

Conclusion: It's a draw.

It's close. Here is an impartial breakdown:

Wes Welker > McCareins/Brad Smith

McCareins is awful. I don't care if Wes Welker was the third receiver on the Falcons behind garbage like Mike Jenkins and Roddy White, almost anyone is better than J-Mac. As for Brad Smith, while I like him we really haven't seen anything from him yet and it's not like he didn't have his chances last year. Smith has potential but hasn't shown anything yet.

:rl: :rl: Your evaluation of McCareins is laughable. Almost as funny as Welker playing for the Falcons behind White and Jenkins. I'm sure it comes as a shock to him. So much for your credibility.

Wait. You have said Chad is a terrible QB. If what you said is true than Coles and Cotch have to be pretty damn good. Because their #s are good. Despite having a terrible QB -- in your words.

And I have said as much. Glad you have your finger on the pulse of JN. :rolleyes:

Moss is the only good WR there and there are major questions about if he still has it.

Stick to baseball takes. :rolleyes: You can at least baffle people with obscure stats there.

Stallworth is good. In 2004 and 2005, with Aaron Brooks throwing to him, he played in 32 games had 128 catches-1712 yards-12 TDs. Even last year, again missing time to injuries, he had over 700 yards and a 19.1 yards per catch (38 total). Stallworth has 29 million reasons or more to play at his best. If he does well, he will have his contract picked up or become a FA with people looking to give him another huge contract.

Welker is the perfect addition to the Patriots. He pushes Troy out the door and gives the Patriots the slot receiver they have been missing for the past two seasons. Coming off a decent rookie year, he outplayed Chambers, Booker and McMichael to become the leading receiver of the Phins. Plus, he fills a void at punt return.

Gaffney and Caldwell are what they are. Average wideouts. Maybe, not destined to be a 1 or 2, but given the choice of having Brady throw to them as a 3rd/4th option vs McCareins/Smith, I would take them.

:rl: :rl: Your evaluation of McCareins is laughable. Almost as funny as Welker playing for the Falcons behind White and Jenkins. I'm sure it comes as a shock to him. So much for your credibility.

McCareins blows. What do you want me to say? That is the truth.

And as for Welker I was making an analogy. I don't care where Welker played as wr for whether it be for the Dolphins behind Chambers and Booker, who are actually good receivers, or the Falcons who have the two worst starting receivers in the league. You're just mad because I schooled your ass when you were sending me those stupid harassment emails about how great a QB Broken Croyle was going to be.

And I have said as much. Glad you have your finger on the pulse of JN. :rolleyes:

Stick to baseball takes. :rolleyes: You can at least baffle people with obscure stats there.

Stallworth is good. In 2004 and 2005, with Aaron Brooks throwing to him, he played in 32 games had 128 catches-1712 yards-12 TDs. Even last year, again missing time to injuries, he had over 700 yards and a 19.1 yards per catch (38 total). Stallworth has 29 million reasons or more to play at his best. If he does well, he will have his contract picked up or become a FA with people looking to give him another huge contract.

Welker is the perfect addition to the Patriots. He pushes Troy out the door and gives the Patriots the slot receiver they have been missing for the past two seasons. Coming off a decent rookie year, he outplayed Chambers, Booker and McMichael to become the leading receiver of the Phins. Plus, he fills a void at punt return.

Gaffney and Caldwell are what they are. Average wideouts. Maybe, not destined to be a 1 or 2, but given the choice of having Brady throw to them as a 3rd/4th option vs McCareins/Smith, I would take them.

Stallworth has shown no consistency over his career. NONE. You're calling last year a great year with only 38 catches. Typical patsy spin from you. And if you're really placing your hopes on a one year wonder midget like Welker you have a surprise coming to you. And Mccarins has done more in his Mediocre career than Caldwell and Gaffney combined not to mention Smith.

stallworth and moss could possibly be the BEST COMBINATION OF INJURY PRONE AND COMPLAINING RECIEVERS....that leaves them with welker and gafney after week 3...so pretty much that then leaves the pats with gaffney (like last season) becase welker has only done one thing in his career and that was return a punt like 3 years ago for a touchdown...go jets

stallworth and moss could possibly be the BEST COMBINATION OF INJURY PRONE AND COMPLAINING RECIEVERS....that leaves them with welker and gafney after week 3...so pretty much that then leaves the pats with gaffney (like last season) becase welker has only done one thing in his career and that was return a punt like 3 years ago for a touchdown...go jets

Ahhh JV51, you're forgetting, no one can complain or get injured if theyre playing for the pats!!! Haven't you read the reports on ESPN etc... :yawn:

Stallworth has shown no consistency over his career. NONE. You're calling last year a great year with only 38 catches. Typical patsy spin from you. And if you're really placing your hopes on a one year wonder midget like Welker you have a surprise coming to you. And Mccarins has done more in his Mediocre career than Caldwell and Gaffney combined not to mention Smith.

Where did I say great? I said good. Big difference.

Why did he have only 38 catches? Westbrook. LJ Smith. Reggie Brown and Stallworth did not have that many catches (both under 50), but had high YPC (17.7 and 19.1). What does this suggest? They were used to lengthen the field as LJ and Westbrook exploited the open middle of the field.

That is what him and Moss are going to be used for. Look at Donte's long gains from last season's games: 42, 33, 26, 29, 84, 40, 51, 35, 28 and 75. D's will have to respect his ability to change field position. Then you have the possibility of having Moss on the other side.

So if Welker is a one year wonder, what is Cotchery? Thought so. Maybe McCareins has been a tad more consistent. You need to look at Gaffney's numbers. Playing for a crappy team, he had been over 30 catches in his first 4 seasons up until last year. Not exactly Rice, but a consistent guy that is nice to have as a 3rd or 4th option. Especially compared to Smith, Chansi Stuckey and Frisman Jackson. If Moss, Stallworth or Welker go down, I know the Patriots are degraded. If Coles or Cotchery go down, the Jets are flat out F*cked.

Brad Smith has not accomplished dick in the NFL. He is following in the foot steps of Slash. Not a good QB. Not a consistent receiver. I will take Caldwell and Gaffney over Smith everyday of the week. They are actually receivers. The problem with players like Smith, merely being on the field tips people off and even as a decoy is limited in his effectiveness. He will disappear like Slash and Michael Bishop. Within 5 years, he will be in Canada.

McCareins blows. What do you want me to say? That is the truth.

And as for Welker I was making an analogy. I don't care where Welker played as wr for whether it be for the Dolphins behind Chambers and Booker, who are actually good receivers, or the Falcons who have the two worst starting receivers in the league.

:yawn: You've proven your lack of credibility time and time again. Now you're just trying to cover up. Too late :fighting0050:

Why did he have only 38 catches? Westbrook. LJ Smith. Reggie Brown and Stallworth did not have that many catches (both under 50), but had high YPC (17.7 and 19.1). What does this suggest? They were used to lengthen the field as LJ and Westbrook exploited the open middle of the field.

That is what him and Moss are going to be used for. Look at Donte's long gains from last season's games: 42, 33, 26, 29, 84, 40, 51, 35, 28 and 75. D's will have to respect his ability to change field position. Then you have the possibility of having Moss on the other side.

So if Welker is a one year wonder, what is Cotchery? Thought so. Maybe McCareins has been a tad more consistent. You need to look at Gaffney's numbers. Playing for a crappy team, he had been over 30 catches in his first 4 seasons up until last year. Not exactly Rice, but a consistent guy that is nice to have as a 3rd or 4th option. Especially compared to Smith, Chansi Stuckey and Frisman Jackson. If Moss, Stallworth or Welker go down, I know the Patriots are degraded. If Coles or Cotchery go down, the Jets are flat out F*cked.

Brad Smith has not accomplished dick in the NFL. He is following in the foot steps of Slash. Not a good QB. Not a consistent receiver. I will take Caldwell and Gaffney over Smith everyday of the week. They are actually receivers. The problem with players like Smith, merely being on the field tips people off and even as a decoy is limited in his effectiveness. He will disappear like Slash and Michael Bishop. Within 5 years, he will be in Canada.

Comparing Cotch to some midget slot WR is so stupid it's cracking me up as i'm typing about it.

What's wrong with a player playing more than one position ? Is their something wrong with that ?

I also dought that Brad Smith as a rookie would of dropped that ball in the playoffs, It was one of the two " Greatest players " Gaffney or Caldwell.

What's wrong with a player playing more than one position ? Is their something wrong with that ?

I also dought that Brad Smith as a rookie would of dropped that ball in the playoffs, It was one of the two " Greatest players " Gaffney or Caldwell.

Oh and Smith is also bigger and faster than both of them.

Archived