Top 10 WR Corps in NFL

Ghost

1. Cincinnati - Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chris Henry - Henry is suspended for half the season, but Johnson and Houshmandzadeh are good enough to carry this offense.
  2. Indianapolis - Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Anthony Gonzalez - Lots of early buzz on Gonzalez, the rookie out of Ohio State, who should excel in the Brandon Stokley role.
  3. Arizona - Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Bryant Johnson - This group should get better as Matt Leinart becomes more comfortable.
  4. Detroit - Roy Williams, Mike Furrey, Calvin Johnson - This may seem high, but Williams is a Pro Bolwer and Johnson is going to be special.
  5. St. Louis - Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Drew Bennett - Holt is still one of the best, Bruce is dependable in a complementary role and Bennett will do well here.
  6. New England - Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte' Stallworth, Jabar Gaffney - This unit could move up to top three or fall off the map. It will be interesting to see how Tom Brady spreads the ball around.
  7. Dallas - Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton - If T.O. has as many drops as last year, this group falls out of the top 10.
  8. Denver - Javon Walker, Rod Smith, Brandon Marshall, Brandon Stokley - Smith and Stokley are coming off injuries, but at least one of the two should be productive. And Marshall has a lot of upside
  9. Carolina - Steve Smith - Yes, there's only one guy here, but he's good enough to carry whoever the Panthers line up on the other side.
  10. Pittsburgh - Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Cedrick Wilson, Nate Washington -- Ward is as solid as any other receiver in the NFL and Holmes is on his way up. The Steeles may open up their offense a bit this year, which would help these wideouts.

http://fannation.com/blogs/post/20099

Sucks, we didn't make the list.

To be fair, you can't have the best WR corps with dead weight like Justin McCareins around. Brad Smith and Chansi Stuckey are basically unknowns at the moment. We don't have a top 10 receiving corps...yet.

I don't understand why the Steelers are even up there.

So one idiot reporter forgot about the JETS... who cares..

Yeah, agreed.

McCareins, Coles, Cotchery are a nice trifecta of receivers, who can probably get roughly 2300 yards combined.

I don't believe Cincinnati is the best WR corps in the league anyway.

This is so dumb, if youre going to go by depth you cant just throw steve smith on there as the only panther. If your going by starters than Coles and Cotch have just as much business on there as the lions (who have one exceptional receiver in roy williams, one mediocre wr in mike furrey and one rookie in CJ) or pitt. This is retarded.

This is so dumb, if youre going to go by depth you cant just throw steve smith on there as the only panther. If your going by starters than Coles and Cotch have just as much business on there as the lions (who have one exceptional receiver in roy williams, one mediocre wr in mike furrey and one rookie in CJ) or pitt. This is retarded.

There is a huge drop-off in receptions after Coles and Cotch. After those two the highest amount of receptions was Bakers 31 and he is the TE. McCareins had 26 and Dwight had 16.

I think the author was looking at 3 wide sets.

Yeah, agreed.

McCareins, Coles, Cotchery are a nice trifecta of receivers, who can probably get roughly 2300 yards combined.

I don't believe Cincinnati is the best WR corps in the league anyway.

:confused:

Most of you would not piss on McCareins if he was on fire and now he adds depth to the Jets' receivers?

He had 23 catches. Doug Gabriel had 25 catches before getting banished to Oakland after week 12.

While Pittsburgh rating might be based on what Santonio might develop into, Nate Washington looks to be an up and comer for some team to grab when he looks to score a contract.

All I am saying is McCareins has seen his catches, yards and TDs decline in his three seasons as a Jet. Not exactly career progression. Either he sucks or that gimp QB of yours sucks.

We definitely have a top ten duo. But corps? Not yet. We don't have a legit 3rd receiver.

There is also no way teams like Carolina and Pittsburgh deserve to make that list.

Coles & Cotch are top 10 easy as a duo. They make things happen on crappy throws and get plenty of yards after the catch.

Could you imagine what those two would do with Manning, Brady, Brees or Palmer throwing them the ball?

I'll admit I didn't look at the Carolina ranking where the author only mentioned Smith (who is sensational).

Obviously this list was not about depth because then Carolina wouldn't be on it. The Jets definitely belong on this list, at least ahead of PIT and CAR. While NE's new WR corps is highly-touted, it is yet unproven if they'll mesh well with Brady and his offenses' schemes.

Obviously this list was not about depth because then Carolina wouldn't be on it. The Jets definitely belong on this list, at least ahead of PIT and CAR. While NE's new WR corps is highly-touted, it is yet unproven if they'll mesh well with Brady and his offenses' schemes.

Fair points.

Jets' glasses aside, Ward and Holmes are a pretty formidable duo. IMHO ranking them with the Jets, Hines and Holmes are 1 and 4. Justifying Holmes over Cotchery is not that hard especially with Holmes showing some decent ability in his rookie year. Then they have a blossoming third receiver in Washington.

Carolina you are a justified. While SMith is better then any Jets. Colbert and Carter have more potential then on field performance like Cotchery had in his one season.

Fair points.

Jets' glasses aside, Ward and Holmes are a pretty formidable duo. IMHO ranking them with the Jets, Hines and Holmes are 1 and 4. Justifying Holmes over Cotchery is not that hard especially with Holmes showing some decent ability in his rookie year. Then they have a blossoming third receiver in Washington.

Carolina you are a justified. While SMith is better then any Jets. Colbert and Carter have more potential then on field performance like Cotchery had in his one season.

Wait. You have said Chad is a terrible QB. If what you said is true than Coles and Cotch have to be pretty damn good. Because their #s are good. Despite having a terrible QB -- in your words.

Jets are definately top 10; between the 1000 yards Coles had last season, and the 950-ish Cotch had, there is no way they don't deserve to be on that list.

I'm a Jets fan, and I'm still laughing at your comment. WR is a need of this team..

Even with Justin McCareins as our current #3, I don't see how the combination of Laveranues Coles & Jerricho Cotchery does not put us in the Top 10. Pittsburgh and Carolina being there is just stupid. Steve Smith does not vault a teams receiving core into the Top 10 alone when the Jets have Coles & Cotchery.

Oh and, since when did Patrick Crayton become a house hold name?:eek:

Moss is the only good WR there and there are major questions about if he still has it.

Moss is the only good receiver there? What have you been smoking? Donte Stallworth is a very good receiver who just has had injury problems. Still, when on the field, is a force and will tear up the Jets' defense Week 1, I can guarentee you that. Wes Welker is also better then anyone we have behind Coles & Cotchery, by far. Is very much like Mike Furrey.

As for Denver.

You'd take Coles, Cotchery, McCareins, Smith and Stuckey

over

Walker, Smith, Marshall, Stokley and heck, throw in the local mail man and they still top the Jets, by far.

Moss is the only good receiver there? What have you been smoking? Donte Stallworth is a very good receiver who just has had injury problems. Still, when on the field, is a force and will tear up the Jets' defense Week 1, I can guarentee you that. Wes Welker is also better then anyone we have behind Coles & Cotchery, by far. Is very much like Mike Furrey.

As for Denver.

You'd take Coles, Cotchery, McCareins, Smith and Stuckey

over

Walker, Smith, Marshall, Stokley and heck, throw in the local mail man and they still top the Jets, by far.

Stallworth has had ONE good season and he's still yet to prove he's healthy. Welker is a decent slot guy, nothing special at all.

As for denver Walker and Coles are close and I'd take Cotch over any other WR they have.

Moss is the only good WR there and there are major questions about if he still has it.

Think about this now, he is no longer with the an organization that wins 2-4 games, he's on an organization that wins on regular basis. Tom Brady, can be considered Top 3 Qb by the time he retires is throwing him the ball. They also have Stallworth who's just as dangerous as Moss. Also think about last year, Brady made players like Reche Caldwell and Gaffney look good.

I also don't think Moss lost a step, he still has his same athelhlism and runs a 4.29

Think about this now, he is no longer with the an organization that wins 2-4 games, he's on an organization that wins on regular basis. Tom Brady, can be considered Top 3 Qb by the time he retires is throwing him the ball. They also have Stallworth who's just as dangerous as Moss. Also think about last year, Brady made players like Reche Caldwell and Gaffney look good.

I also don't think Moss lost a step, he still has his same athelhlism and runs a 4.29

Neither Gaffney of Caldwell had good years. Thats a myth. As for Moss i'm gonna have to see it to believe he's the Minnesota version of himself...

Calling stallworth (who was a bust 8 months ago) as dangerous as moss is nuts. Maybe he's as dangerous as the old Moss.

Stallworth has had ONE good season and he's still yet to prove he's healthy. Welker is a decent slot guy, nothing special at all.

As for denver Walker and Coles are close and I'd take Cotch over any other WR they have.

Jerricho Cotchery has had ONE good season.

Wes Welker > The rest of the Jets' receiver core after the starters.

You'd take Cotchery over Rod Smith? Riiight. Is age the only factor you play into this decision? Because for 2007, that would be just, well, dumb.

Stallworth has had 3 good seasons, btw, yes, none over 1,000 yards but neither was Cotchery's one lone season in the sun. I'd love to see the numbers if Stallworth could manage to play and start a full slate of games, instead of 10-13.

Neither Gaffney of Caldwell had good years. Thats a myth. As for Moss i'm gonna have to see it to believe he's the Minnesota version of himself...

Calling stallworth (who was a bust 8 months ago) as dangerous as moss is nuts. Maybe he's as dangerous as the old Moss.

Your telling me you wouldn't take Stallworth on your team, the only thing that might change my mind is his " Drug-Abuse."

Archived