Curtis Activated from the physically unable to perform list

Kentucky Jet

LaMont Jordan 2003 - 2005 > Curtis Martin 2003 - 2005

Lest we forget Jordan was the only Jets back who showed up in the 2004 playoffs, sealing the win vs the chargers with the game winning run. He averaged 7 YPC vs the chargers and 6 YPC vs the steelers in the 04 playoffs while Martin was floudering around as a complete non factor in both games, like usual. LaMont was simply a more dangerous, explosive and stronger back than Curtis Martin from 03' - 05'.

More stupid ignorant statement **cough*FACTS*cough**, right ecurb?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More stupid ignorant statement **cough*FACTS*cough**, right ecurb?

Jordan was not a better RB than Martin those years... he got to come in and spell him once martin wore down the defense...

C'mon, Barton. You talk about Curtis and Chad like they are washed-up and has-beens.

If you want to include other Jets on the list, you might want to start with your username.

Chad and Curtis ARENT washed up has-beens?? Seriously, are you saying they arent?

Eric Barton aint what he used to be either. Ya see, I dont fall in love with players and pretend they are as great as they once were if they truly are not. I have no problem admitting that.

I like players that help the Jets win games. If Player X helps the Jets win games better than Player Z, then I like Player X better. I dont believe any player is the team, nobody is bigger than the team.

I root for the uniform. Not individual players - and certainly not ones who pad their stats to the detriment of the team (see Pennington, Chad and Martin, Curtis)

Chad and Curtis ARENT washed up has-beens?? Seriously, are you saying they arent?

Eric Barton aint what he used to be either. Ya see, I dont fall in love with players and pretend they are as great as they once were if they truly are not. I have no problem admitting that.

I like players that help the Jets win games. If Player X helps the Jets win games better than Player Z, then I like Player X better. I dont believe any player is the team, nobody is bigger than the team.

I root for the uniform. Not individual players - and certainly not ones who pad their stats to the detriment of the team (see Pennington, Chad and Martin, Curtis)

I know you agreed not to get into another Chad debate, but...

How the **** did Chad ever pad his stats to the detriment of the team? If he is as limited as you say, then he is just doing all that he is capable. As for Martin, he didn't pad his stats to the detriment of the team, a moronic coaching staff did. Chad and Curtis gave their all on the field. If you have a problem with Curtis (or Chad) being in the game, I say your beef isn't with Curtis, it's with Herm, Hackett and Heimerdinger.

I know you agreed not to get into another Chad debate, but...

How the **** did Chad ever pad his stats to the detriment of the team? If he is as limited as you say, then he is just doing all that he is capable. As for Martin, he didn't pad his stats to the detriment of the team, a moronic coaching staff did. Chad and Curtis gave their all on the field. If you have a problem with Curtis (or Chad) being in the game, I say your beef isn't with Curtis, it's with Herm, Hackett and Heimerdinger.

They're all at fault. Nobody is 100% to blame. As for you know who, think comp %. And I'll leave it at that.

Look, I think Curtis has been a well above/very good running back for the majority of his career, but he is not a great back. His career 4.0 ypc mark, failure to show up vs tuff defenses and in big games, not to mention all the games with the Jets I saw from him - it all adds up and leads my to my conclusion. Curtis was a compiler, maybe the greatest compiler in the history of NFL running backs. Not a dominator. I think most would agree. And he's had more than a couple ehhh seasons.

He'll make the HOF. But for 1 game I would take a very large large amount of running backs over him, and I think alot of people agree with that. I dont think he's a HOF running back if he wasnt so durable over his career. He averaged 1281 yards a season with a 4.0 ypc mark. Not all that special. Just very solid for a very very long time.

JMO.

Curtis should hang it up, yes. Chad, on the other hand - that's been debated in so many threads I want to vomit. You of all people know this. But if Chad throws the winning TD pass on any given Sunday, will you stand up and cheer?

Just found some humor in that you rip on players for being done and your username is a perfect example of being done.

Archived