Curtis Activated from the physically unable to perform list

Kentucky Jet

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it possible that curtis could come in for one more run during the home opener against the pats... and then retire.. this way he can go out in front of the home crowd.. where everyone knows he is going out.. so he can get the well deserved accolades he should receive?

given that he was also on the evil side of the track (patsie) at one point.. it would be cool if he did it then.

or is this just a silly idea? (LOL .. softball incoming ;) )

is it possible that curtis could come in for one more run during the home opener against the pats... and then retire.. this way he can go out in front of the home crowd.. where everyone knows he is going out.. so he can get the well deserved accolades he should receive?

given that he was also on the evil side of the track (patsie) at one point.. it would be cool if he did it then.

Please see the link below:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Curtis is now physically able to perform. This is good news if your name is Toni Braxton. Not sure it has any on the field implications though.

I resent that Max!!!! It better be Shakena Brown....:baby:;):P

And to see my hunny bunny at camp will make my summer...awwww...:)

I resent that Max!!!! It better be Shakena Brown....:baby:;):P

And to see my hunny bunny at camp will make my summer...awwww...:)

Well if you see him let us know if he is truly a 4 yard and a cloud of dust kind of guy!

:shutit:

Hopefully he just retires now. The guy couldnt get it done in the big games, that is a fact.

He's got 2 shot knees now.

If he actually suits up and gets playing time, I will boycott. No sentimental value ever won football games.

Leave Curtis in the past. Time to move on. Get over it.

I can only imagine Curtis suiting back up for 1 final game........

Ian Eagle: And CURTIS MARTIN is back with the Jets!!!

Phil Simms: What a boost for the Jets to have Curtis back. What a great player.

[Curtis gets the 1st down carry]

Ian Eagle: And Curtis Martin is tackled for a 2 yard loss!

Phil Simms: They just need to get him back in the rhythm of the game, I think. He hasnt played in over a year.

[Curtis gets the 2nd down carry]

Ian Eagle: Curtis Martin breaks it outside and....he's taken down for no gain on the play!

Phil Simms: He just needs more carries

Ian Eagle: 3rd down and 12 coming up. The Jets need to throw the ball here to have any chance at picking up the 1st down.

[Curtis gets the 3rd down carry]

Ian Eagle: And Curtis MARTIN slashes through the hole opened up by Mangold!...he looks right, wait now he cuts left and....tackled for a 5 yard gain on the play.

Phil Simms: See that, Ian. He's starting to get his legs under him now. He looked solid out there!

REPEAT 5X

Phil Simms: They just need to get him back in the rhythm of the game, I think. He hasnt played in over a year.

Ian Eagle: Curtis Martin breaks it outside and....he's taken down for no gain on the play!

Ian Eagle: 3rd down and 12 coming up. The Jets need to throw the ball here to have any chance at picking up the 1st down.

Ian Eagle: And Curtis MARTIN slashes through the hole opened up by Mangold!...he looks right, wait now he cuts left and....tackled for a 5 yard gain on the play.

Phil Simms: See that, Ian. He's starting to get his legs under him now. He looked solid out there!

REPEAT 5X

You do realize this is one of the alltime leading rushers in the nfl, and a future hall of famer for the jets that you are talking about right? Just sayin.....

REPEAT 5X

haha, i do think that is how it would go though (if spermy was coaching). as ecurb said, he'd be a good 3rd option at RB, better than houston anyway.

haha, i do think that is how it would go though (if spermy was coaching). as ecurb said, he'd be a good 3rd option at RB, better than houston anyway.

You think Curtis Martin would come back and be the 3rd back on the team? :lol:

I mean, have you been paying attention to curtis martin over the course of his career? He never lets the backup RB on the team get their carrys, even if he's hobbled with 2 bum ankles. And now you think he's gonna let 2 other backs get their carrys?? :lol:

Cmon now, that isnt happening.

I mean, have you been paying attention to curtis martin over the course of his career? He never lets the backup RB on the team get their carrys, even if he's hobbled with 2 bum ankles. And now you think he's gonna let 2 other backs get their carrys?? :lol:

Then they can cut him. :), i would be dissapointed to see him get any carries. All that would do is take carries away from the next warrick dunn. yeah i said it...

LEON >>>>> DUNN

I think that is a great idea. But I would be annoyed if they did it for Curtis, given that they did not do it for Wayne. Actually, they have not done anything for Wayne, which already has me POed.

WAIT A SEC! You mean it was Cmart that was calling those plays? SH#T! We were all wrong about Hermie and Hackett!

I love how everyone forgets that when Cmart was in the middle of his regular season rushing title a few years ago, everyone hated Lamont Jordan for being the crybaby and giving up on plays and stinking the joint up, only to flip flop the next year when martin was playing hurt for the good of the team and everyone wanted the jets to sign and make Jordan the first back because he looked ok on his 10 carries a game. Fast forward, LJ ain't doing a hell of a lot as a starter now.

WAIT A SEC! You mean it was Cmart that was calling those plays? SH#T! We were all wrong about Hermie and Hackett!

I love how everyone forgets that when Cmart was in the middle of his regular season rushing title a few years ago, everyone hated Lamont Jordan for being the crybaby and giving up on plays and stinking the joint up, only to flip flop the next year when martin was playing hurt for the good of the team and everyone wanted the jets to sign and make Jordan the first back because he looked ok on his 10 carries a game. Fast forward, LJ ain't doing a hell of a lot as a starter now.

Herm never took Curtis out, and Curtis never took himself out. They're both to blame.

LaMont Jordan was/is a better back. Not doing great last year, when he was very good his 1st year in Oakland, isnt saying much with that sh#thole of a team he is on - plus he was hurt last year. BTW what LaMont is or isnt doing with Oakland is irrelevant to this discussion because Jordan with the Jets had a very good Oline & supporting cast, and was far more explosive and just an all-around better back than Curtis. And he was proving it when he got his chances. Curtis playing hurt was for the good of the team? LOL. When he played hurt he was absolutely awful and actually hurt the team, because we had a better back waiting in the wings in LaMont Jordan.

All that nonsense that happened in the past doesnt matter anymore though. And here's the bottom line:

Curtis has no place on the 2007 Jets. Period.

Barton, do you even like the Jets? Why not go piss on Broadway Joe for awhile to make yourself feel better?

BZ

I dont like the Jets at all. I LOVE the Jets. I just call it like it is, mr. homer.

Also, I do find it pretty pathetic that Jets fans still talk about Joe Namath on and on and on. Great, he's a HOFer and a Jets legend. But lets leave him be in 1969 with the hippies.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want to bury the name Joe Namath. 38 years since we've won a superbowl, and part of the problem is alot of fans still love their Joe Willie 69' like it was yesterday. GET OVER HIM. Its a new millenium now, and I'm searching for the next Joe Namath so stop looking back on him and move the **** on. And lets be real, its not like he was Mickey Mantle or anything.

The legend of Joe Namath isnt helping us win football games today, is it? Didnt think so. Now once we win another superbowl with a different QB, then its time to reflect back on Joe Namath. But now? 38 years later and 0 superbowls since? Forget about Joe Namath.

Seriously, you obviously cant handle the truth.

Here's another one: The Jets are a sh#tty f***ing franchise.

But you love them right?

The problem with the "tough love" fans, is they never get to the "love" part and seem to get off on the "tough" part.

You "love" the Jets but don't want to celebrate their history or their successes and only want to focus on negative issues.

BZ

Archived