Curtis Activated from the physically unable to perform list

Kentucky Jet

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Herm never took Curtis out, and Curtis never took himself out. They're both to blame.

LaMont Jordan was/is a better back. Not doing great last year, when he was very good his 1st year in Oakland, isnt saying much with that sh#thole of a team he is on - plus he was hurt last year. BTW what LaMont is or isnt doing with Oakland is irrelevant to this discussion because Jordan with the Jets had a very good Oline & supporting cast, and was far more explosive and just an all-around better back than Curtis. And he was proving it when he got his chances. Curtis playing hurt was for the good of the team? LOL. When he played hurt he was absolutely awful and actually hurt the team, because we had a better back waiting in the wings in LaMont Jordan.

All that nonsense that happened in the past doesnt matter anymore though. And here's the bottom line:

Curtis has no place on the 2007 Jets. Period.

Dude, the year before LJ showed some promise in his limited role, he was labeled as a quiter and crybaby and all the jets fans wanted him traded or gone, he was hated. I think that goes back before the creation of this board, but you can go back and do a search at the other board( oh wait, search costs 55.00).

You expect a great player to take himself out of a game? Are you crazy? Could you ever see Manning, Jeter, or Michael Jordan take themselves out of a game if they were able to walk onto the field? What happens to a football player who takes himself out of a game because he is afraid of injuries? What did every have to say about abraham for worrying about getting or playing hurt? Martin sacrificed a good 2-3 years of his career by playing through the pain, and doing it with class and guts. To say he was wrong or selfish for that is absurd! He could have made as much or more money by collecting on his insurance policy and playing golf.

Look, obviously this move is so that he can retire as an active member of the jets, if he ever stepped on the field it would be to take a ceremonial snap. BUT, if for some reason he wanted to give it a go and try to get back into playing, i wouldn't automatically say no way. The guy is one of the greatest of all time.

But you love them right?

The problem with the "tough love" fans, is they never get to the "love" part and seem to get off on the "tough" part.

You "love" the Jets but don't want to celebrate their history or their successes and only want to focus on negative issues.

BZ

Dude, he is like those guys who used to get pissed after every bad play and turn around and look up at the skybox and yell "Damn it Hackett." Lol, we have all seen those guys at the game.

What history? THEY HAVE NONE. 1969 is their lone success - 38 years later NADA!

They dont even have their own stadium - that is another big sh#t stain on the bed that is the Jets franchise. Dont even have their own stadium, so pathetic it is not even funny. :bag:

Can you imagine the 49ers or Cowboys not having their own stadiums? Of course not, they're great franchises. The Jets have been a joke of a franchise for over 35 years, and even before 1969 they were a complete joke.

And yes I love the Jets. But that doesnt mean I have to sugercoat every single thing about their history and current team.

Get a f'n reality check.

They dont even have their own stadium - that is another big sh#t stain on the bed that is the Jets franchise. Dont even have their own stadium, so pathetic it is not even funny. :bag:

Can you imagine the 49ers or Cowboys not having their own stadiums? Of course not, they're great franchises. The Jets have been a joke of a franchise for over 35 years, and even before 1969 they were a complete joke.

And yes I love the Jets. But that doesnt mean I have to sugercoat every single thing about their history and current team.

Get a f'n reality check.

Patriots, or jets fan?

:confused0082:

We have been playing in a stadium called GIANTS STADIUM for over 20 years.

Sit back and actually think about how PATHETIC that is. And I'm not some mets/jets fan who hates the Giants, I could care less about them. But it is still absolutlely PA-THE-TIC that we have never had our own stadium. Then, going from Shea to sharing a stadium with another NFL team? Just wow.

Sit back and think about that, and you'll realize why the Jets are a joke of a franchise.

Luckily we have Mangini, and I think he's special I really do. But you cant win without the horses, and you we dont have them right now and there's no guarantee we ever will. So even as great of a HC Mangini might be, he might never taste SB success with the Jets unless he gets the horses, and that as we know is not easy to get.

Get a f'n reality check.

Sounds like your shallow love is all based in superficial things like stadiums and championships (within the last few years of course).

I love the Jets because they are part of who I am and whether they win another Championship or not it won't change that. Sometimes the journey, the seasons, the practices, the players, the interview and the personalities have to be more than the sum of Super Bowl wins.

Your love seems pretty skin deep.

BZ

Herm never took Curtis out, and Curtis never took himself out. They're both to blame.

LaMont Jordan was/is a better back. Not doing great last year, when he was very good his 1st year in Oakland, isnt saying much with that sh#thole of a team he is on - plus he was hurt last year. BTW what LaMont is or isnt doing with Oakland is irrelevant to this discussion because Jordan with the Jets had a very good Oline & supporting cast, and was far more explosive and just an all-around better back than Curtis. And he was proving it when he got his chances. Curtis playing hurt was for the good of the team? LOL. When he played hurt he was absolutely awful and actually hurt the team, because we had a better back waiting in the wings in LaMont Jordan.

All that nonsense that happened in the past doesnt matter anymore though. And here's the bottom line:

Curtis has no place on the 2007 Jets. Period.

:rl::rl::rl:

Way to lose all credibility with your "football knowledge" in the future...

Oh and if you expect a great player to take himself out of a game... you obviously dont know what made that player great in the first place... maybe you should go root for ABE in Atlanta...

Sounds like your shallow love is all based in superficial things like stadiums and championships (within the last few years of course).

I love the Jets because they are part of who I am and whether they win another Championship or not it won't change that. Sometimes the journey, the seasons, the practices, the players, the interview and the personalities have to be more than the sum of Super Bowl wins.

Your love seems pretty skin deep.

BZ

Honestly, I dont have a real response to this post. I'm speechless, really.

Isn't a "Objective Fan" an oxomoron.

Objective: undistorted by emotion or personal bias

Fan: an ardent follower and admirer

Fanatic: a person motivated by irrational enthusiasm

So you want to be a non emotional ardent admirer or a undistorted irrationalist??

Yeah.. that makes sense.

BZ

:rl::rl::rl:

Way to lose all credibility with your "football knowledge" in the future...

Oh and if you expect a great player to take himself out of a game... you obviously dont know what made that player great in the first place... maybe you should go root for ABE in Atlanta...

You'd rather have Curtis than LaMont in 2007?

Now I've heard it all.

What do most Jets fans know anyways? There's only a few of us out there who keep it real.

Now I've heard it all.

What do most Jets fans know anyways? There's only a few of us out there who keep it real.

a vote might be an order. did you just refer to yourself as someone who 'keeps it real'? Your posts are becoming increasingly painful to read, the rationale is obsurd. you call the jets a joke of a franchise AND claim to be a huge jets fan. You hate the quaterback, and hope we lose our first 7 games (that's a quote by the way), you hope we go 0 and 16 to get a new qb if Kellen isn't any good.

You're like a child. a very small child.

Isn't a "Objective Fan" an oxomoron.

Objective: undistorted by emotion or personal bias

Fan: an ardent follower and admirer

So you want to be a non emotional ardent admirer?

Yeah.. that makes sense.

BZ

If you dont think any of my jets posts have emotion, or that I dont root my heart out each sunday then you're not paying attention. I'm the "undistorted by personal bias" type.

You're the completely distorted by emotional biased type. Thats fine, but I dont have to think like you.

All of this stemmed from me saying Curtis has no place on the 2007 team. Unreal.

Now I've heard it all.

You said he WAS a better back...

Your not keeping anything real... that was a stupid ignorant statement...

Curtis Martin Retirement Could Be SoonJuly 13th, 2007 by Gary Grund

TheJetsBlog.com notes that the Jets have activated running back Curtis Martin off of the physically unable to perform list. This is believed to be the final move before we see a formal announcement by the New York Jets and Curtis Martin regarding his announcement from the league.

Martin currently ranks 4th on the all-time rushing list with 14,101 yards and is tied for 12th with Eric Dickerson on the all-time rushing touchdown list with 90 touchdowns. In addition to terrific rushing numbers, Martin also has 404 receptions, 3329 receiving yards and 10 receiving touchdowns out of the backfield.

Martin is one of only two running backs in NFL History to rush for at least 1,000 yards in 10 consecutive season with hall of famer Barry Sanders being the only other to do so.

If you dont think any of my jets posts have emotion, or that I dont root my heart out each sunday then you're not paying attention. I'm the "undistorted by personal bias" type.

You're the completely distorted by emotional biased type. Thats fine, but I dont have to think like you.

All of this stemmed from me saying Curtis has no place on the 2007 team. Unreal.

You use objective like a badge of honor, but really you just sound like a bitter old man who hasn't had a good **** in a decade.

I am a fan, and biased as hell, that is what makes me a fan. I am biased towards my team. I want them to succeed, do well and win but I am not about to turn that desire to see them win into some tirade about how everything and everyone sucks.

Sometimes, albeit it tough to admit, those people hired to managed, run and play on the team might know a little more about it than you.

BZ

Usually by now, thread hijackers are shown the door. *cough cough* I can only guess who is causing all of the problems here.

But, just hoping to get this back on topic, Martin doesn't even have to get a snap, it would be so cool if he just lead the team out of the tunnel.

is tied for 12th with Eric Dickerson on the all-time rushing touchdown list with 90 touchdowns.

That's crazy. Even crazier that guys like Priest, and LT are throwing up 30 TD's a year some years. 90 won't be that high of a number over the next 20 years...JMO

You said he WAS a better back...

Your not keeping anything real... that was a stupid ignorant statement...

LaMont Jordan 2003 - 2005 > Curtis Martin 2003 - 2005

Lest we forget Jordan was the only Jets back who showed up in the 2004 playoffs, sealing the win vs the chargers with the game winning run. He averaged 7 YPC vs the chargers and 6 YPC vs the steelers in the 04 playoffs while Martin was floudering around as a complete non factor in both games, like usual. LaMont was simply a more dangerous, explosive and stronger back than Curtis Martin from 03' - 05'.

You use objective like a badge of honor, but really you just sound like a bitter old man who hasn't had a good **** in a decade.

I am a fan, and biased as hell, that is what makes me a fan. I am biased towards my team. I want them to succeed, do well and win but I am not about to turn that desire to see them win into some tirade about how everything and everyone sucks.

Sometimes, albeit it tough to admit, those people hired to managed, run and play on the team might know a little more about it than you.

BZ

And.....

img_fewgoodmen.jpg

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Dear Barton,

This is the Jets front office, someone brought this forum and you to our attention, and we would like to address this.

We do appreciate your support of the New York Jets through the years, but in thinking of your needs as a football fan, we invite you to become a fan and supporter of the New York Giants. Please hand in your Jets jerseys and any Jets branded items you have at your earliest conveinence. We assume you know the way to Giants stadium come September.

Thanks for your attention, and thank you for your support, we wish you well as a future Giants fan!

Sincerely,

New York Jets

Dear Barton,

This is the Jets front office, someone brought this forum and you to our attention, and we would like to address this.

We do appreciate your support of the New York Jets through the years, but in thinking of your needs as a football fan, we invite you to become a fan and supporter of the New York Giants. Please hand in your Jets jerseys and any Jets branded items you have at your earliest conveinence. We assume you know the way to Giants stadium come September.

Thanks for your attention, and thank you for your support, we wish you well as a future Giants fan!

Sincerely,

New York Jets

:rl:

POTW

Dear Barton,

Sincerely,

New York Jets

Dear Front Office,

Thank you for signing up. If you see anything that you feel should be deleted just let me know and I will take care of it.

Your Pal,

Sean

Dear Front Office,

Thank you for signing up. If you see anything that you feel should be deleted just let me know and I will take care of it.

Your Pal,

Sean

Oh great, I didn't know you were running this board as well Sean, good to know!

BTW, we have extra press passes for you this year, think you can do away with this barton character?

Dear Barton,

Sincerely,

New York Jets

:rl: :rl:

Over my dead body.

You can take my #10 jersey, though! :lol:

For a cool $1, I'll even throw in the poster of him I have rolled up in the back of my closet. Thats a hot deal!!

:rl: :rl:

Over my dead body.

You can take my #10 jersey, though! :lol:

For a cool $1, I'll even throw in the poster of him I have rolled up in the back of my closet. Thats a hot deal!!

I thought I had the rights to those!!! :lol:

Curtis Martin Retirement Could Be SoonJuly 13th, 2007 by Gary Grund

TheJetsBlog.com notes that the Jets have activated running back Curtis Martin off of the physically unable to perform list. This is believed to be the final move before we see a formal announcement by the New York Jets and Curtis Martin regarding his retirement from the league.

Martin currently ranks 4th on the all-time rushing list with 14,101 yards and is tied for 12th with Eric Dickerson on the all-time rushing touchdown list with 90 touchdowns. In addition to terrific rushing numbers, Martin also has 404 receptions, 3329 receiving yards and 10 receiving touchdowns out of the backfield.

Martin is one of only two running backs in NFL History to rush for at least 1,000 yards in 10 consecutive season with hall of famer Barry Sanders being the only other to do so.

Bingo, although the original presser said "announcement" where I bolded it to retirement, which is what I think it will be.

Archived