Upper Deck - LF

Maxman

Last time I saw something travel that high, fast and far, it had a hot lookin stewardess on it :mrgreen:

THAT WAS A FRIGGIN BOMB, MAN ... a Ruthian Clout :shock:

Gary Sheffield has the most VIOLENT SWING in baseball

That's the only way you can accurately describe his swing ... VIOLENT

I am shocked that he doesn't pull a rib cage muscle with every swing.

I remember Cecil Fielder going to the upper deck. I can't recall any others though!

Sheffield's swing is freaking insane. You just can't teach that kind of bat speed. It seems like every time he hits the ball it's an absolute laser. Man did he hit that homerun.

Two things I would note about his swing

1. As you correctly point out, his bat speed is flatout insane ... and thus the fastball that is fast enough to throw by Gary Sheffield has not been invented ... you can't throw 100 MPH fastball by that Guy if he's on the pitch ... that's why I LOVED the matchup when I saw Embree Vs Shef ... I had a GOOD FEELING about that AB

2. Its not often you will see a player have such a violent swing who rarely strikes out ... in that regard Gary Sheffield is VERY UNIQUE ... Reggie had a similar swing, same violent swing, and he's also the All-Time leader for strikeouts ... that is what you usually Get from someone who swings from his heels like Shef ... a hitter with that type of swing might be a Great slugger {like Reggie}, but it is usually accompanied by a ton of K's as well ... NOT THE CASE with Shef

He has a VIOLENT SWING ... but he also has a GREAT EYE

Was that on Howie Spira bobble head night?

:mrgreen:

I don't remember the exact Game, Max, but I definitely recall the shot ... Just like Sheffield tonite, he absolutely murdered that ball

Winfield was another guy who had a violent swing ... didn't have Sheffield's eye, but he was a BIG MUTHA FLETCHER who swung from his heels ... and similar to Sheffield tonite, HE GOT ALL OF THAT BALL and deposited it in the LF Upper Deck

But back to the man of the hour ... WOW ... he absolutely demolished that pitch from Embree :shock:

=D>

Ham you are right on though...Winfield didn't get cheated at the plate.

At least Sheff hangs on to the bat though. It was like every game and Winfield let the bat fly into the stands.

Canseco actually put one up there with the Yanks..

damn, ya beat me to it. I was just about to post that.

It was a day game, and Canseco was wearing shades and he rears back and jacks 1 in the sky all the way in the left field upper deck.

damn, ya beat me to it. I was just about to post that.

It was a day game, and Canseco was wearing shades and he rears back and jacks 1 in the sky all the way in the left field upper deck.

GOOD CALL, GUYS ... I remember that ... another animal who had a violent swing

Those are the only types of hitters who have a shot to reach the UD in LF ... Guys with massive power and a violent swing to boot

They have to take one of their MURDEROUS CUTS and GET ALL OF IT

Archived