Big Papi

Bob

Yep seems like a hell of a guy.

Steroid use? He's one of many players that I suspect probably used but that doesn't mean a thing without any solid evidence other than going from a fringe player to putting up MVP type numbers out of nowhere.

Pre Red Sox-- 1 HR per 25 ABs

Since Boston-- 1 HR per 14 ABs

Still a hell of a guy though and I'd take him on my team any day (unless of course he tests positive for anything)

I think the BoSox front office is more vulgar than throwing-up bile, but give credit where credit is due: David Ortiz was their best move ever. Not only is he clutch - he's genuine. The man could make more money on the open market - but stays because he likes it in Boston and the money "is more than enough" - and he MEANS that. Refreshing to say the least.

You hear that, Asante?

No, because they're not mammoth sized nor have they ever had a dramatic shift in power numbers.

So, "pretty easily" if you're pretty delusional.

Right, a big guy with a wrist injury and bad advice from his hitting coach can't figure it out. Especially when he gets into a great lineup, in a hitters park.

What tipped you off to his steroid use? His ripped physique?

Right, a big guy with a wrist injury and bad advice from his hitting coach can't figure it out. Especially when he gets into a great lineup, in a hitters park.

What tipped you off to his steroid use? His ripped physique?

Not saying he did or he didn't. Just saying that there's FAR more of a basis to think he might've gotten some "outside help" than for Jeter and A-Rod.

You dont have to convince me on Jeter...2-out singles hitter that he is. But why does Slappy get a free pass?

All those homeruns...the temperment issues...the purple lips...

all the earmarks.

David Ortiz makes Mo Vaughn look waiflike by comparison. He is the last member of the Red Sox roster I'd think were juicing.

Edit: I couldnt dislike Fake 80 more!

Its all just one big giant coincidence that he became a great power hitter in his late 20's, and its all just another big giant coincidence that his knees (like roider Giambi, Bonds etc etc) are breaking down after MLB got real strict on steroids. Sure, and Jeter is gonna win the home run derby and Arod wasnt the greatest prospect of his generation! Its just a coincidence, man!!

Ortiz_Bio.02.gif

Shades of Giambi on the USA team.....

9d4b_1.JPG

Archived