1 member has voted

1. 1. What is the toughest division?

• AL East
    • AL Central
    • AL West
    • NL East
    • NL Central
    • NL West

AL East by far...the White Sox are winning the Central by a ton and the AL West is horrific.

The NL...puhleeze! Thats JV baseball!

It's still the SENIOR League, and I do believe it is the home of the toughest division, the NL East. I mean, c'mon, all the teams are separated by less than 5 games! The D-Rays really take the level of play in the AL East down a MAJOR notch, and the Jays are starting to slide as we speak.

The AL is the better league by far overall.

But the two best divisions are in the east, giving the edge to the AL east because or their superior bats.

But pitching wins games, and the NL East is full of great arms. Hudson, Pedro, Willis, Beckett, Livan Hernandez, Smoltz.....not too shabby.

But pitching wins games, and the NL East is full of great arms. Hudson, Pedro, Willis, Beckett, Livan Hernandez, Smoltz.....not too shabby.

I agree. But just out of a hunch, those guys wouldn't fair as well pitching in the AL East.

Surprisingly, I'm a Pedro fan as long as he's not in Boston. What hes doing this year is remarkable.

AL East.

Orioles

Red Sox

Yankees

enough said.

And even the Blue Jays are playing well!!!

AL East by far.

NL East...no way...Phillies are as bad as the Devil Rays and the Nationals / Mets would have no shot vs the AL East.

AL East.

Orioles

Red Sox

Yankees

enough said.

And even the Blue Jays are playing well!!!

AL East by far.

NL East...no way...Phillies are as bad as the Devil Rays and the Nationals / Mets would have no shot vs the AL East.

Horse Sh*t.....Just because the Yankees struggle with any team with a .500 record doesn't suddenly make Balt and Toronto power houses.

Be happy the bullpen faltered after Pedro dominated you or that would be yet another series the Yanks lost to a team above .500.

AL East:

Baltimore 32 20 -

Boston 28 24 4.0

Toronto 28 25 4.5

New York 27 25 5.0

Tampa Bay 19 35 14.0

AL East total wins: 134

NL East:

Atlanta 29 23 -

Florida 27 23 1.0

New York 27 26 2.5

Washington 27 26 2.5

Philadelphia 26 27 3.5

NL East total wins: 136

Besides the NL East having more total victories, the race is much tighter. While all 5 teams are within less than 4 games of each other in the NL East, NO TEAM IS WITHIN LESS THAN 4 GAMES OF THE ORIOLES in the AL East.

CASE CLOSED.

:fish:

NL East, AL East

UPDATE:

AL East:

1) Baltimore 35 22 .614 -

2) Boston 31 26 .544 4.0

3) Toronto 30 28 .517 5.5

4) New York 28 29 .491 7.0

5) Tampa Bay 20 37 .351 15.0

TOTAL RECORD: 144-142 (.503)

NL East:

1) Washington 31 26 .544 -

2) Atlanta 30 27 .526 1.0

3) New York 30 27 .526 1.0

4) Florida 28 26 .519 1.5

5) Philadelphia 30 28 .517 1.5

TOTAL RECORD: 149-134 (.527)

BY THE WAY, in case you were wondering, the NL East has the best winning percentage of the 6 divisions...BY FAR!! I said GOOD DAY SIR!

Yeah, but at the moment, they're holding the Wild Card, and be damned if Minnesota is going to let that go.

The AL Central is definitely stronger than the AL East at the moment. The only reason I was comparing the NL East to the AL East was because the AL East was the leading vote-getter, and I wanted to dispell the rumor that the AL East is baseball's toughest division.

It goes NL East, AL Central, AL East, AL West, NL West, NL Central.

The AL Central is definitely stronger than the AL East at the moment. The only reason I was comparing the NL East to the AL East was because the AL East was the leading vote-getter, and I wanted to dispell the rumor that the AL East is baseball's toughest division.

It goes NL East, AL Central, AL East, AL West, NL West, NL Central.

Of course the AL East is going to be the leading vote getter... 65% of the board are Yankee fans and Red Sox fans! I dunno if the NL East is the best... adding up the records doesn't make them the best. Just means that as a division, they have the best winning percentage. They, as a division, may have the easiest schedule, up til now. It's almost impossible to say who has the best division. So, this is much adu about nothing. There is no way anyone will agree on this.

They, as a division, may have the easiest schedule, up til now.

The AL East has definitely had the easier schedule than the NL East. Hell, the AL East hasn't had to face the Rangers, the Angels until the Red Sox had their series with them, or the White Sox.

Archived