Mets Fan Kills Mom

GM

A Queens man who allegedly bludgeoned his mother to death with a barbell blamed the Mets for setting off his murderous rage, authorities said yesterday.

Michael Anthony, 26, was frustrated with the Mets' 6-5 loss to the Washington Nationals in the second game of Saturday night's doubleheader when he started arguing with his father, according to a statement he gave police.

Anthony told cops after his arrest for murdering Maria Fischman, 61, that he "was watching the Mets game and became enraged."

"We started fighting and my mother jumped in," he said, adding that she took a knife from the kitchen of the Fresh Meadows home. "I took the knife from her and it got stuck in her head."

Fischman then fled to the bedroom, where Anthony said he thought she was going for a weapon in a dresser drawer. "I grabbed a weight from the top of the dresser, swung it, hit her and she fell to the floor," Anthony said.

He was arraigned on murder, weapons and assault charges, ordered held without bail and faces up to 25 years in prison.

If this is the guy I'm thinking of, the news reports made it clear that he has been mentally unstable for a long time, and everyone wanted him committed, except the mother, who refused to do it.

:character42:

That was obviously a bad decision.

If this is the guy I'm thinking of, the news reports made it clear that he has been mentally unstable for a long time, and everyone wanted him committed, except the mother, who refused to do it.

:character42:

What a surprise, a Mets fan who is mentally unstable...

of course are there any who arent unstable???

Probably was jealous of the Yankees too...

• 10 months later...
A Queens man who allegedly bludgeoned his mother to death with a barbell blamed the Mets for setting off his murderous rage, authorities said yesterday.

Michael Anthony, 26, was frustrated with the Mets' 6-5 loss to the Washington Nationals in the second game of Saturday night's doubleheader when he started arguing with his father, according to a statement he gave police.

Anthony told cops after his arrest for murdering Maria Fischman, 61, that he "was watching the Mets game and became enraged."

"We started fighting and my mother jumped in," he said, adding that she took a knife from the kitchen of the Fresh Meadows home. "I took the knife from her and it got stuck in her head."

Fischman then fled to the bedroom, where Anthony said he thought she was going for a weapon in a dresser drawer. "I grabbed a weight from the top of the dresser, swung it, hit her and she fell to the floor," Anthony said.

He was arraigned on murder, weapons and assault charges, ordered held without bail and faces up to 25 years in prison.

Your point?

:Typotux:

Archived