Ed Blanton suffered a possible career ending injury prior to being cut

Kentucky Jet

August 7th, 2007

Jets waive Napa High graduate Blanton

Jets waive Napa High graduate Blanton

By MARTY JAMES

Executive Sports Editor

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Ed Blanton, a 2001 Napa High School graduate who was an Honorable Mention All-Pacific-10 Conference player for UCLA, was waived by the New York Jets last week after suffering a possible career-ending injury.

Blanton, an offensive tackle who was activated for an AFC Wild-Card playoff game last year against New England after spending the regular season on the practice squad, injured his lower back during drills in a full contact, padded practice July 25 at the Jets

Thanks. That's what I thought. I guess when it's a guy like Blanton they just call it "cut" instead of "reached an injury settlement."

I don't know.........Kind of sounds like the Jets are trying to pull a fast one.

If it's and injury settlement it has to be reported to the league. Would think that would be reported somewhere.

I don't know.........Kind of sounds like the Jets are trying to pull a fast one.

If it's and injury settlement it has to be reported to the league. Would think that would be reported somewhere.

They havent reported crap.

injured his lower back during drills in a full contact, padded practice July 25 at the Jets

I am starting to think that way too. I have not seen it reported anywhere UNLESS they are waiting for a second opinion from his doctor before issuing the injury settlement. Who knows? The Jets are a bit too mysterious these days! I hope this kid is OK.

Too bad, I had high hopes for this kid to replace Clement. Thank God he wasn't crippled. I find it hard to believe the Jets are trying to "pull a fast one" here... they aren't that stupid. If the timing was in question, it's most likely a simple matter... he'll get paid, and the Jets surely know that. So does Blanton, or don't you think he would have said something? He has an agent who I am sure knows what's up. Let's not jump to speculative conclusions without something more concrete to go on.

I liked Blanton... he went from a clumbsy huge kid at the start of TC last year to a project that had shown significant improvements in his fundamentals, especially his foot work. Tough break for him, and I believe, for the Jets too. This has been a tough camp injury wise.... we might have used up some luck last year with so few injuries, if you beleive in karma and luck...

I am starting to think that way too. I have not seen it reported anywhere UNLESS they are waiting for a second opinion from his doctor before issuing the injury settlement. Who knows? The Jets are a bit too mysterious these days! I hope this kid is OK.

I don't mind the FO playing hard ball with Revis and Kendall, just business, but I would hate to think they are trying to screw a kid out of an injury settlement.

Hope you are right and they are waiting for a doctor's statement or something like that.

I don't mind the FO playing hard ball with Revis and Kendall, just business, but I would hate to think they are trying to screw a kid out of an injury settlement.

Hope you are right and they are waiting for a doctor's statement or something like that.

Well you know Tannenbaum has this tough negotiator reputation to defend. You don't want every scumbag player and their no-good agents thinking that they can take advantage of the Jets by asking for things that they are actually entitle to recieve.

Geesh.

So, you know that the Jets are trying to screw Blanton, and call Mangini a scumbag? Wow, so what else did Ed tell you?

Hey, what can I say? Now I know why some of you talk out of your a$$ so often. It kinda feels good. :)

This guy had MONSTER size. Sucks, that it didn't work out.

Yeah, he is a huge person. That's why it was so obvious that he wasnt visible in camp- you cant miss him. But I had no idea what the story was, so i just had nothing to say about it.

Blanton has time to apply for an injury settlement,

Good, i hope he gets what he is entitled to.

Archived