Priest nabbed while running nude

Lil Bit Special

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_priest_jogging_nude

A Catholic priest faces an indecent exposure charge after jogging in the nude about an hour before sunrise.

The Rev. Robert Whipkey told officers he had been running naked at a high school track and didn't think anyone would be around at that time of day, a police report said.

He told officers he sweats profusely if he wears clothing while jogging. "I know what I did was wrong," he said in the report.

Whipkey did not return phone messages. His attorney, Doug Tisdale, told the Daily Times-Call of Longmont that Whipkey had no comment. Whipkey, 53, was arrested around 4:30 a.m. June 22 in this town about 20 miles north of Denver.

The Archdiocese of Denver said it takes the incident seriously but is awaiting the outcome of the case. Whipkey remains an active priest. If convicted of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, he would have to register as a sex offender, prosecutors said.

A Catholic priest faces an indecent exposure charge after jogging in the nude about an hour before sunrise.

The Rev. Robert Whipkey told officers he had been running naked at a high school track and didn't think anyone would be around at that time of day, a police report said.

He told officers he sweats profusely if he wears clothing while jogging. "I know what I did was wrong," he said in the report.

Whipkey did not return phone messages. His attorney, Doug Tisdale, told the Daily Times-Call of Longmont that Whipkey had no comment. Whipkey, 53, was arrested around 4:30 a.m. June 22 in this town about 20 miles north of Denver.

The Archdiocese of Denver said it takes the incident seriously but is awaiting the outcome of the case. Whipkey remains an active priest. If convicted of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, he would have to register as a sex offender, prosecutors said.

no way do I run naked unless the husband comes home early. too many helmut sores to the upper chest area & ankles :P

So streaking makes you a sex offender now? :shock:

So streaking makes you a sex offender now? :shock:

even if streaking makes him a sex offender he wont have to worry about it because unless he is brainless he'll plea is down to something that avoids the whole sex offender statues thing.

Isn't the larger question why would ANYONE run around in public in the nude? Who the hell wants to see that?! "I didn't think anyone would be around." Yah, OK. Unless he was getting some private rise out of it - or public rise out of it, that is - I can't see any other reason why he'd do it. Flopping around in the breeze. Good God. :bag:

I don't even walk around my own house in the nude. From bed to the bathroom in my monkey pajamas and straight into the shower. No, I don't shower with my pajamas on, but I would if I could. :P

Isn't the larger question why would ANYONE run around in public in the nude? Who the hell wants to see that?! "I didn't think anyone would be around." Yah, OK. Unless he was getting some private rise out of it - or public rise out of it, that is - I can't see any other reason why he'd do it. Flopping around in the breeze. Good God. :bag:

I don't even walk around my own house in the nude. From bed to the bathroom in my monkey pajamas and straight into the shower. No, I don't shower with my pajamas on, but I would if I could. :P

Phile in da house!

Archived