Interesting. Top 100 QBs of the modern era

Kentucky Jet

Being one of the older guys on this board, I saw all of these players play and I'll tell you this ...

Anybody who thinks Roman Gabriel, Warren Moon, Mark Brunnell, or Craig Morton were better quarterbacks than either Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, or Troy Aiman needs their freakin' head examined.

Tom Brady #56?

Just another stupid comparison from some stat junkie who probably never saw half of these guys play.

Randall Cunningham #24? I don't even need to read any further.

Mark Brunell at #23 is the biggest joke of all. Yeah, he had a couple years where he was very, very good...but last time i checked, a couple of very good years doesnt make you the 23rd best qb in the modern era, does it? At least Unitas and Montana are 1-2, that much is right.

Being one of the older guys on this board, I saw all of these players play and I'll tell you this ...

Anybody who thinks Roman Gabriel, Warren Moon, Mark Brunnell, or Craig Morton were better quarterbacks than either Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, or Troy Aiman needs their freakin' head examined.

Tom Brady #56?

Just another stupid comparison from some stat junkie who probably never saw half of these guys play.

I never saw Namath or Stabler play, but i did see Aikman. I know he had 2 HOF'ers to help him out, but he was a pretty dag on good QB in my eyes. I put him right there in a group with Favre and Young of the best 3 QB's I've ever seen. Manning probably is deserving of being there, although I'd like to see him actually perform well GREAT in the playoffs--ala Brady, Favre, Young and Aikman. Maybe that's just me though.

Archived