For those who think Chad sucks becuase he threw 2 INT's in a preseason game...

ECURB

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad sure stunk it up last night, but fortunately it was just a preseason game so it's really pretty irrelevant. If he plays like this during the regular season then we're in trouble. If it was a reg season game who knows if he would have made the same decisions or the same throws, but God I hope not.

And I can't believe you guys are getting into such a heated argument with statistics and numbers over a preseason game lol. C'mon September 9th!!

This whole thing is stupid. Ecurbs right preseason doesn't mean **** and im tired of hearing all these crybabies come out and say Chad's not the answer at QB all because of a bad preseason game.

You are way off if you think this is based solely on his awful PATHETIC game yesterday.

Did anyone see how just plain awful Chads throws were yesterday? I swear I've seen harder throws in a slow pitch wiffle ball game. Words cant describe how awful those throws were. I've seen more steam on a 90 yr old man moving step by step with his walker.

Chads plays in a water gun fight where everyone else has a supersoaker and he has a pistol. He's a boxer with a jab and no knockout punch. I could go on and on and on....

You are way off if you think this is based solely on his awful PATHETIC game yesterday.

Did anyone see how just plain awful Chads throws were yesterday? I swear I've seen harder throws in a slow pitch wiffle ball game. Words cant describe how awful those throws were. I've seen more steam on a 90 yr old man moving step by step with his walker.

Chads plays in a water gun fight where everyone else has a supersoaker and he has a pistol. He's a boxer with a jab and no knockout punch. I could go on and on and on....

Pistol usually ='s play-offs.

I don't think preseason matters however the pats and ravens are going to smoke us anyway. So in that regard, nothing changed. 8-8 is going to be a struggle, and neither Chad nor Clemens are the answer. We gotta improve this O-line and bring in a real prospect of a QB. A guy with good size and athleticism. Enough of this "finesse" and "complex" offense bull****, all it did was get us something like a 25th ranking last year. Let's just be bigger and stronger first and then worry about tricking them afterwards.

Chads plays in a water gun fight where everyone else has a supersoaker and he has a pistol.

Ok so he didnt play well in a meaningless preseason game. WHO CARES. I mentioned before that preseason is like a practice only it's against another team and its in a game format. Practice is where you make adjustments and fix the mistakes and work on certain things. Preseason has no bearing on the regular season.

I don't think preseason matters however the pats and ravens are going to smoke us anyway. So in that regard, nothing changed. 8-8 is going to be a struggle, and neither Chad nor Clemens are the answer. We gotta improve this O-line and bring in a real prospect of a QB. A guy with good size and athleticism. Enough of this "finesse" and "complex" offense bull****, all it did was get us something like a 25th ranking last year. Let's just be bigger and stronger first and then worry about tricking them afterwards.

Perfect example of what im talking about.

Ok so he didnt play well in a meaningless preseason game. WHO CARES. I mentioned before that preseason is like a practice only it's against another team and its in a game format. Practice is where you make adjustments and fix the mistakes and work on certain things. Preseason has no bearing on the regular season.

Again, you are way off if you think this is based solely on his awful PATHETIC game yesterday. It is not.

Again, you are way off if you think this is based solely on his awful PATHETIC game yesterday. It is not.

"Did anyone see how just plain awful Chads throws were yesterday? I swear I've seen harder throws in a slow pitch wiffle ball game. Words cant describe how awful those throws were. I've seen more steam on a 90 yr old man moving step by step with his walker."

Well if my caculations were correct you were talking about how Chad was throwing the ball YESTERDAY. So yes from what I saw you write you did base this off his game yesterday.

Do you think Mangini wanted to win a superbowl in 06'?

Nope. 2006 was not about trying to win a superbowl. The sooner you realize this, the better.

The 2006 Jets were a 6-10 football team then went 10-6. Nothing more.

You'll realize this when the Jets go 7-9 in 2007.

Perfect example of what im talking about.

Are you sure? I'm on record predicting we're going to have a bad year this year. The schedule is a lot tougher and our O-line is in an even worse state. Preseason games aren't what is causing me to say this, I'm just saying that with or without yesterday's game we were going to struggle this year. I don't think that has anything to do with your point that preseason doesn't matter, because I agree with you on that.

Are you sure? I'm on record predicting we're going to have a bad year this year. The schedule is a lot tougher and our O-line is in an even worse state. Preseason games aren't what is causing me to say this, I'm just saying that with or without yesterday's game we were going to struggle this year. I don't think that has anything to do with your point that preseason doesn't matter, because I agree with you on that.

Ok then have fun eating those words.

Nope. 2006 was not about trying to win a superbowl. The sooner you realize this, the better.

:rl:

So now your claiming that Mangini PURPOSELY set his team up in 06' with a QB not capable of winning it all???

You have hit a new low Barton... now your claiming Mangini screwed the JETS over in 06'...

a 6-10 team that went 10-6? I think if we finished as a 10-6 team then that's what we were last year.

:rl:

So now your claiming that Mangini PURPOSELY set his team up in 06' with a QB not capable of winning it all???

You have hit a new low Barton... now your claiming Mangini screwed the JETS over in 06'...

2006 was about setting the tone, scratching out as many wins as possible, getting the players to buy into the system, earning respect from the players, owner, fans etc etc etc. It wasnt about winning a superbowl. The Jets werent good enough to win a SB in 2006, only an idiot would have thought so. Are you calling Mangini an idiot, ecurb??

Now, if you pay me, I'll continue to teach you. Until then I am done arguing with imbecile(s).

2006 was about setting the tone, scratching out as many wins as possible, getting the players to buy into the system, earning respect from the players, owner, fans etc etc etc. It wasnt about winning a superbowl. The Jets werent good enough to win a SB in 2006, only an idiot would have thought so. Are you calling Mangini an idiot, ecurb??

Now, if you pay me, I'll continue to teach you. Until then I am done arguing with imbecile(s).

I think Mangini would be doing everything he could to try to win a superbowl and be the best team that they can be.

So Mangini set his team up to lose in 06'? As far as I can remember the JETS had a lead late in the 4th Quarter against the Superbowl Champs and the D couldnt stop Manning... the JETS had what it took to run with any team in the NFL...

Whatever 06' is done... you think Mangini set a "cap" of sorts... knowing his team couldnt win it all so he didnt even bother going for it and just threw Chad in...

Now in 07' your claiming the SAME BS... Mangini knows his team can win in the playoffs which means you have a shot at it all... if he didnt think Chad is capable of winning it all... Chad wont be the starting QB...

Your not smarter than Mangini... get over yourself

Your not smarter than Mangini... get over yourself

Well if you want to go down that road, chances are you're not smarter than Barton, so maybe you should stop posting. Just looking at the writing ability and logical reasoning displayed in both of your posts gives Barton a pretty clear cut edge. So in essence, if you're going to use a logical fallacy to hide behind Barton, he can hide behind it too and just compare himself to you.

Chad was not the only QB around to do it...

Tom Brady threw 2 INT's as well... I only saw the first one... it was just as poor of a throw and as bad of a decision as Chad's INT's....

Does Tom Brady suck because he made some crappy throws and bad decisions in his pre-season game???

Not to mention Chad's INT's were against a top 10 defense (06') and Tom Brady threw INT's against... the Titans...

Meaningless is a word that comes to mind...

Tom Brady threw two interceptions and both passes were intended for Donte' Stallworth. The receiver called himself out, saying both were his fault -- he slipped on the first pass, and wasn't in the proper place on the second.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Well if you want to go down that road, chances are you're not smarter than Barton, so maybe you should stop posting. Just looking at the writing ability and logical reasoning displayed in both of your posts gives Barton a pretty clear cut edge. So in essence, if you're going to use a logical fallacy to hide behind Barton, he can hide behind it too and just compare himself to you.

You make no sense... and there is no need for the "sneaky" little attacks mixed in...

Im not the one questioning Mangini... Barton is... Im not claiming to be smarted than the man... Im just agreeing with him that Chad give the JETS the best Chance to win it all..

Barton is claiming pretty much that Mangini either has no idea what he is doing and is causing the team to lose by playing Chad... or that Mangini has the elaborate plan not to win it all now but save it for later...

**** off

POTW NOM

Archived