For those who think Chad sucks becuase he threw 2 INT's in a preseason game...

ECURB

Well if you want to go down that road, chances are you're not smarter than Barton, so maybe you should stop posting. Just looking at the writing ability and logical reasoning displayed in both of your posts gives Barton a pretty clear cut edge. So in essence, if you're going to use a logical fallacy to hide behind Barton, he can hide behind it too and just compare himself to you.

Im sorry but noone here is claiming to be "mr. know it all" besides Barton going around saying Mangini isn't trying to win a superbowl and Chad doesn't give us the best chance to win and Clemens does. He does not know more then Mangini.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You make no sense... and there is no need for the "sneaky" little attacks mixed in...

Im not the one questioning Mangini... Barton is... Im not claiming to be smarted than the man... Im just agreeing with him that Chad give the JETS the best Chance to win it all..

Barton is claiming pretty much that Mangini either has no idea what he is doing and is causing the team to lose by playing Chad... or that Mangini has the elaborate plan not to win it all now but save it for later...

**** off

It's not a sneaky attack, it's not even an attack. Don't hide behind Mangini's name, make a point (and you were fine outside of that anyway). But if you're going to say Barton's opinion doesn't matter because Mangini is smarter than him, then how can your opinion be correct if Barton is smarter than you? I'd rather not go into that whole line of reasoning, but you're the one that opened that can of worms. It's a logical fallacy, the latin name of which I've long since forgotten and never cared about.

It makes perfect sense, just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't true. That's basic argument logic that you're ignoring (while accusing others of not having logic).

Well if you want to go down that road, chances are you're not smarter than Barton, so maybe you should stop posting. Just looking at the writing ability and logical reasoning displayed in both of your posts gives Barton a pretty clear cut edge. So in essence, if you're going to use a logical fallacy to hide behind Barton, he can hide behind it too and just compare himself to you.

Sneaky attack IMO thats all...

It's not a sneaky attack, it's not even an attack. Don't hide behind Mangini's name, make a point (and you were fine outside of that anyway). But if you're going to say Barton's opinion doesn't matter because Mangini is smarter than him, then how can your opinion be correct if Barton is smarter than you? I'd rather not go into that whole line of reasoning, but you're the one that opened that can of worms. It's a logical fallacy, the latin name of which I've long since forgotten and never cared about.

It makes perfect sense, just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't true. That's basic argument logic that you're ignoring (while accusing others of not having logic).

I am supporting Mangini based on FACTS

FACT - Mangini Trusts Chad Pennington to be his starting QB

FACT - Mangini thinks Chad gives him the best chance to win

Barton is coming up with opinions and myths...

Mangini did want to win it all last year

Mangini knows he wont win it all with Chad this year

I am going based off of real words and actions... Barton is making things up and questioning Mangini's desire to win it all.

Im one of Chads biggest supporters, always have been, but...

As i told 124 earlier, Chad didn't even deserve an F last night, that was pathetic. Im actually rather glad i got screwed out of watching him play by fox. However...it is the preseason, and history shows us that poor preseasons often equal good reg. seasons, and vice versa. Im very disappointed, but I'll hardly call for Chad or anyones head during the preseason. He'll be fine in the reg. season.

edit: Sorry i forgot....he's still the best, Go Chad! :D

Chad was not the only QB around to do it...

Tom Brady threw 2 INT's as well... I only saw the first one... it was just as poor of a throw and as bad of a decision as Chad's INT's....

Does Tom Brady suck because he made some crappy throws and bad decisions in his pre-season game???

Not to mention Chad's INT's were against a top 10 defense (06') and Tom Brady threw INT's against... the Titans...

Meaningless is a word that comes to mind...

brady has 3 rings. the only thing the jets got from a $64 million dollar expense was a head cheerleader.

I was at the game, and that's the worst I've seen chad play since the 4 INT debacle against the Pats a few years back. He was terrible, lousy, pathetic, pick your adjective.

The thing is

He gets a chance to redeem himslef next week

and

thank god posters don't get to make the decisions, or we'd be looking at Ratliff starting by week 4 ;)

Sneaky attack IMO thats all...

I am supporting Mangini based on FACTS

FACT - Mangini Trusts Chad Pennington to be his starting QB

FACT - Mangini thinks Chad gives him the best chance to win

Barton is coming up with opinions and myths...

Mangini did want to win it all last year

Mangini knows he wont win it all with Chad this year

I am going based off of real words and actions... Barton is making things up and questioning Mangini's desire to win it all.

Those are not facts and you are missing my point. But actually there's no need for me to get involved in this little war you guys have going on, so I'm going to go back to watching from the stands.

Don't put too much stock into last night's game. Chad wasn't the only Jets QB that sucked. Mr. Clemens didn't distinguish himself out there either. If it wasn't for an amazing play by McCareins we'd also be talking about what a crappy night Kellen had too.

Offensive Line was the real story. They're not protecting Pennington. D'Brick blows. How is this guy getting off the hook here?

No one thinks Pennington sucks because he threw 2 interceptions in a preseason game.

We thought he sucked before. ecurb, you are the one that has been preaching to us all offseason long about how Chad didn't have to rehab this year and he had a whole 'nother year in Schotty's system, etc, etc. And guess what? He comes out in his first preseason action and plays exactly like the ****ty QB we had last season. No improvement whatsoever. Same old Chad.

He's an aging, turnover-prone, overpaid QB with no arm. Still is. Not even the magical offseason could save him.

I for one am glad that Chad is having these struggles in the preseason instead of the regular season. As I've said many times I think that the best players should start and if the best QB on this team is Kellen Clemens then he should be starting. I'm gonna need to see more than a good preseason game or 2 vs ths 3rd stringers of bad teams to make me believe that Kellen is that guy however.

No one thinks Pennington sucks because he threw 2 interceptions in a preseason game.

We thought he sucked before. ecurb, you are the one that has been preaching to us all offseason long about how Chad didn't have to rehab this year and he had a whole 'nother year in Schotty's system, etc, etc. And guess what? He comes out in his first preseason action and plays exactly like the ****ty QB we had last season. No improvement whatsoever. Same old Chad.

He's an aging, turnover-prone, overpaid QB with no arm. Still is. Not even the magical offseason could save him.

Wrong, thats why I started this thread... and for all you know I could think he sucks... never said he didnt... just that throwing 2 INTs in the pre-season isnt proof...

So Mangini set his team up to lose in 06'? As far as I can remember the JETS had a lead late in the 4th Quarter against the Superbowl Champs and the D couldnt stop Manning... the JETS had what it took to run with any team in the NFL...

Whatever 06' is done... you think Mangini set a "cap" of sorts... knowing his team couldnt win it all so he didnt even bother going for it and just threw Chad in...

Now in 07' your claiming the SAME BS... Mangini knows his team can win in the playoffs which means you have a shot at it all... if he didnt think Chad is capable of winning it all... Chad wont be the starting QB...

Your not smarter than Mangini... get over yourself

Nobody here gets it. Whether or not Chad can win a SB is meaningless when considering the starting QB situation. I think its fairly obvious that Penny is THE BEST QB WE HAVE, at least in the coaches minds. The best player plays, and thats what gives this team, or any team, a shot at winning.

Nobody here gets it. Whether or not Chad can win a SB is meaningless when considering the starting QB situation. I think its fairly obvious that Penny is THE BEST QB WE HAVE, at least in the coaches minds. The best player plays, and thats what gives this team, or any team, a shot at winning.

It amazes me how you and ecurb know exactly what Mangini is thinking.

Two questions:

1.)Why don't the two of you go into coaching?

and

2.)What is Mangini thinking RIGHT NOW? Is it about the depth chart? About next week's gameplan? About whether or not he should get the cheesecake or the pie?

Two questions:

and

2.)What is Mangini thinking RIGHT NOW? Is it about the depth chart? About next week's gameplan? About whether or not he should get the cheesecake or the pie?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHA!!!

Tom Brady threw 2 INT's as well... I only saw the first one... it was just as poor of a throw and as bad of a decision as Chad's INT's....

Does Tom Brady suck because he made some crappy throws and bad decisions in his pre-season game???

Not to mention Chad's INT's were against a top 10 defense (06') and Tom Brady threw INT's against... the Titans...

Brady has how many SB rings? He also has all new WRs and mix up will happen. Chad a poor game. He had rust to get rid of. He played as he did last year! 16 INTS will not win us a SB ring! Lets give Chad to fix the problem and either produce or get out of the way! TEAM is more important then hero worship! Go Jets, win a SB!

Two questions:

and

Wow, The Troll---->:Nuts:<----ecurb

Nice!

It's the preseason... Mistakes are gonna happen... Thank god for the pre-season, really... Everyone usually makes mistakes.

What dont kill you only makes you stronger, and believe me you, Chad Pennington is gonna be ready for NE come week 1. In a way im glad the Jets and Pennington played like dog shiit this pre-season game, now Mangini has fuel under the fire to get this team ready for the long run.

This was Chads first game thrwoing since the playoff loss in NE last season, for anyone to think he's gonna light it up for 22/26, 222 yards and 4 TD's is just asking for way 2 much.

Pre-season.... Pre-season??? Are we really talking about the pre-season? Who needs pre-season??? Tom Brady...even needs pre-season.

Come week one the Jets will be starting Thomas Jones at RB, Leon Washington will do his thing, Coles and Cotch will take alot of pressure off of Chad come week 1. Im not worried.

After the Baltimore game, we will remember this game and note the connection between teams with a strong pass rush and Chad cracking under pressure. If it was just this pre season game nobody would think twice but this was a very Chadesque performance for being under pressure or against strong physical defenses for the past few years (when he isnt out for the season).

After the Baltimore game, we will remember this game and note the connection between teams with a strong pass rush and Chad cracking under pressure. If it was just this pre season game nobody would think twice but this was a very Chadesque performance for being under pressure or against strong physical defenses for the past few years (when he isnt out for the season).

Exactly. That performance yesterday was vintage Chad Pennington.

All it took for everyone that spent the offseason preaching about how Chad would be so much better this season to be proved wrong was one preseason game. It's the same old ****ty Chad. The same Chad that turns it over more than he scores and the same one that is incapable of stringing together points in a hurry. If we are down 14, at any point in a game, we are ****ed. That's life with Chad Pennington at QB.

They always talk about how Chad makes up for his lack of arm strength with superior accuracy and smarts. Yeah, that was the case in 2002, but that was FIVE ****ING YEARS AGO! Give up the dream. Chad blows. He's not the next Joe Montana. He's not even the next Trent Dilfer.

Two questions:

and

1) why do you think Mangini declared Penny the starter? From what I saw at my 2 sessions at TC Penny was by far the best QB out there...Im sure JC can vouch for that as well.

2) Good question.;)

3) I dont know what Mangini is thinking RIGHT NOW. But its probably something to the affect of; "gee, that gangreenman is smart...I wonder if I can somehow reach out to him. ;):)

Two questions:

and

What kind of pie?

;)

I think I'll return the favor to ecurb in his own thread.

Vacation :lol:

I'm outta here!

Stay tuned for exclusive pics from the rehab party at the hard rock today and other devious locations in Vegas upon my return.

Vacation :lol:

Archived