TC Report 8/19

JetCane

What a difference a week makes.

Last Sunday, I reported that the first practice after the first pre-season game was a laid-back, sloppy, shells and shorts practice. Not so today.

Perhaps it was the grey skies and cool temps that invigorated the Green and White today, but more likely it was the opportunity to start fresh with a new week of practice after Friday

so it seems like the TEAM came out spirited and didn't need the CS to light a fire under their butts-great job JC thanks-

so who is this Ventrone guy and where did he come from and how did we get him? a safety I guess (????)

Yes he is a safety and he came from New England.

2/3/06

Ventrone looking to take the next stepTom Casale, Patriots Football Weekly

The Patriots announced the players they will be allocating to NFL Europe for the 2006 season earlier this week and while most of the names aren

I'm watching Jets TC, and what Cimini said reminded me that there WAS more contact today in some of the drills. It was only the second time this summer I heard some real popping of shoulder pads. It wasnt throughout the entire practice- just some drills, but there was some hitting going on out there today.

I'm watching Jets TC, and what Cimini said reminded me that there WAS more contact today in some of the drills. It was only the second time this summer I heard some real popping of shoulder pads. It wasnt throughout the entire practice- just some drills, but there was some hitting going on out there today.

Good. We really need 2 get ready for NE.

Thanks, as always, for bringing camp to those of us hundreds of miles away. :)

Nice picture - where did you steal it from?

BroadwayJoe took it, and i didnt steal it :)

Here's another great one he took that is 8 photos stitched together of the Jets sideline during the Atl game..

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3974/teampanorama72kd3.th.jpg

BroadwayJoe took it, and i didnt steal it :)

Here's another great one he took that is 8 photos stitched together of the Jets sideline during the Atl game..

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3974/teampanorama72kd3.th.jpg

Thanks JC. I would rather read your reports than the cookie cutter stuff in the papers. If Stucky and bender both stick this could end up being not a good draft but a great one. I also concur on your assesment about CP. He had a brainfart game. He will be fine and once TJ is churring yards the play action will be a wonderful thing to watch.

Thanks JC. I would rather read your reports than the cookie cutter stuff in the papers. If Stucky and bender both stick this could end up being not a good draft but a great one. I also concur on your assesment about CP. He had a brainfart game. He will be fine and once TJ is churring yards the play action will be a wonderful thing to watch.

Thanks G69.

I found this observation on another board from someone else who has gone to TC and commented on CP's throws this summer:

I've watched him in TC this year and yes, he does have better arm-strength. He's got more zip on his patented short-medium range balls. And yeah, Thomas Jones wasn't in the game Friday night in order for us to really see what effect that will have in helping Chad's performance. And yeah, Minnesota's defense is pretty damned good.

He also goes on to say that it is the MENTAL mistakes and bad judgment that have him more worried about CP, and i agree with that. He can not have a weak arm AND also make rookie mistakes. He has to be smarter than that, and must avoid dumb mistakes that lead to costly turnovers.

He also goes on to say that it is the MENTAL mistakes and bad judgment that have him more worried about CP, and i agree with that. He can not have a weak arm AND also make rookie mistakes. He has to be smarter than that, and must avoid dumb mistakes that lead to costly turnovers.

chad can simply not afford mental mistakes if he plans on remaining the jets QB. it was a terrible mental mistake that basically ended the playoff game against the pats last year when he didn't cover that lateralled pass.

Archived