Bender will start against the Giants...

ECURB

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Jets OL Jacob Bender will start at LG in place of the traded Pete Kendall on Saturday.

The Jets will start Bender, and if he "implodes" will turn to Adrien Clarke. Bender, a sixth-round pick from Division I-AA, would be protecting Chad Pennington's blind side.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Related: Chad Pennington, Adrien Clarke

Just tryin to keep it up top... this is a big deal... Chad is at the mercy of a 6th round draft pick on his blind side!

its ok, :bs_iloveyou:.

i dont' think its that big of a deal. Who's he going against tonight that would scare you? that dude from BC is overrated, and i don't even think there is strahan to worry about on the other side. If they need to, they can push protection to Bender and we wouldn't be losing anything.

I am not worried.

Starting experience? Four games? You've got to start sometime. With the usual vanilla preseason I have some faith in Mangini and Bender.

He has started 4 games and played in 14 games in his short career... with an entire year missed last season...

He has more experience, period. OL is one of the positions where experience means a lot... I hope Bender is good... but Im not crazy for being scared of a 6th round pick from a I-AA school starting...

He has started 4 games and played in 14 games in his short career... with an entire year missed last season...

He has more experience, period. OL is one of the positions where experience means a lot... I hope Bender is good... but Im not crazy for being scared of a 6th round pick from a I-AA school starting...

The pats and colts have had good to great success using late round draft picks. I believe it was Matt Light that dove right in and played very well in his rookie season. Same goes for Logan Mankins (although he was a high draft pick).

I don't think you're crazy, but remember last year Norm Katnick started a couple of games! Oh and Clarke "played in" 14 games? That usually means that he blocked on the punt or kick team. Not exactly a sign of great experience.

I don't think you're crazy, but remember last year Norm Katnick started a couple of games! Oh and Clarke "played in" 14 games? That usually means that he blocked on the punt or kick team. Not exactly a sign of great experience.

:)

Dont remind me of Katnick... I got to see that in person... lol

Archived