Will Carr start in Carolina this season?

ECURB

I think he will... he still looks nervous about getting hit in the pocket... but seems like he has more upside than Delhome...

Delhomme was pretty solid tonight, 11-of-18 for 162 yards and a touchdown.

Carr was was 8-of-11 for 58 yards and was intercepted once. I noticed Carr doesn't throw the ball down field that much if at all. He did that last year. It is a product of getting sacked, smashed or slammed to the turf every time he drops back to pass. I felt sorry for the guy last year. He was hammered game in and game out. He is a pretty tough SOB in my opinion.

Carr has NO of being the Opening Day QB for the Panthers.

That doesn't mean he may not take over if Delhomme struggles.

It is funny but down here Delhomme is the Panthers fans version of Chad. Some swear by him. Some would rather have anyone BUT Jake as the starter.

It's a very interesting situation with the Panthers and like the Jets if they are winning with Jake they will stay with him. If they are losing I don't think Fox would pull him him in favor of Carr.

Carr has NO of being the Opening Day QB for the Panthers.

That doesn't mean he may not take over if Delhomme struggles.

It is funny but down here Delhomme is the Panthers fans version of Chad. Some swear by him. Some would rather have anyone BUT Jake as the starter.

It's a very interesting situation with the Panthers and like the Jets if they are winning with Jake they will stay with him. If they are losing I don't think Fox would pull him him in favor of Carr.

I think the Panthers would be crazy not to stick with Homey. Carr could probably do the job ok, once he settles down from being shellshocked.

Archived