What is Rep for anyway?

BUM-KNEE

I assume its for people to see how good a poster is, but is that all its for? I hadnt had mine turned on for awhile and was wondering if it had any other purpose.

If you get the right amount of points, Max will give you an all expense paid, trip to his pants party. He holds one weekly, you gotta bring your own napkins.

It's just a way for us to show appreciation for a good post, and it encourages people to make quality posts. Sometimes also you might not want to get in an argument, but you might agree with one side, so you can encourage that person and show support without getting involved.

I think certain people on JN are making too many posts with too little substance, and it might be time to give negative rep to those people though...

It's just a way for us to show appreciation for a good post, and it encourages people to make quality posts. Sometimes also you might not want to get in an argument, but you might agree with one side, so you can encourage that person and show support without getting involved.

I think certain people on JN are making too many posts with too little substance, and it might be time to give negative rep to those people though...

You nailed it.... I give people rep when there is nothing else to add... and they made a good point

could you clarify ? I could see who gave me rep when I had it shut off.

On your previous post, there is a clipboard in the lower left hand corner.

Click on this and you will know how many points you have.

Click on USER CP and scroll down and you will see the rep given. If you click on the link you will see the post it is given for. You can also see any comments from the USER CP.

Luckily, for Pats' fans anyways, you can only give out so much rep good and bad. You cannot bomb a poster with positive/negative rep.

On your previous post, there is a clipboard in the lower left hand corner.

Click on this and you will know how many points you have.

Click on USER CP and scroll down and you will see the rep given. If you click on the link you will see the post it is given for. You can also see any comments from the USER CP.

Luckily, for Pats' fans anyways, you can only give out so much rep good and bad. You cannot bomb a poster with positive/negative rep.

Ok It didnt really make sense the way you said it before. LOL Does rep coincide with the green bar over the clipboard too?

and it lets me know if Im making good funny posts.... since my rep isnt that great, I have come to the conclusion that I am not as funny as my mommy says I am....

Rep is a way for marginal posters ***cough*** BP ***cough*** to feel special and good about themselves. It should be renamed to internet validation.

Marginal?

I thought I was below average?

Well, thanks for making me feel good about myself.

Archived