NFL.com- TJ " Hopes" to play vs Pats

Kentucky Jet

Posted: 1 hours 58 minutes ago

Jets running back Jones hopes to play against Patriots

Associated Press

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- Thomas Jones is ready for his first taste of the Jets-Patriots rivalry.

Whether that comes on the playing field still appears to be a game-time decision, but New York's star running back remained optimistic Friday about the progress of his strained right calf.

"I'm feeling a lot better," Jones said Friday, reiterating his comments from earlier in the week.

Jones was injured during drills on Aug. 12 and hadn't practiced again until this week.

"The trainers have done a great job of getting me back on the practice field and getting me to go through some drills and things like that," he said. "So, we'll see how I feel on Sunday."

LOL, between Brady's shoulder and TJ's leg,I havent seen this much sandbagging going on since...well, since the game they played last year.

spys_800x600.jpg

Agreed. I long for the old time football games in the LOMBARDI era. He let you know what he was doing and dared you to stop him. This foreign intrigue is getting childish though I understand why they are doing it. And do not forget to mention Pennington's pelvidc area that mysteriously showed up on the injury list.

You guys make fun of Belichick when Mangini offers up these kind of nuggets:

"They've been doing everything we've asked them to do," Mangini said. "The program in place is a good program. You just have to go through the whole process before you're certain you're going to be able to get a level of performance out of that player and anticipate what that level is, even going into the game, making sure that you're keeping that in mind."

Mangini = Belichick when it comes to information.

Archived