Worst Person(s) In The NFL

Maxman

Oleberman is an idiot. The friggin guy knows crap about football and the only reason that was on the air was because of ratings that's all.

I know it's stupid to make fun of people's spelling but wow did you just butcher Olbermann's name right there. And it hardly seems like he's the only one who thought Jets fans cheered when Pennington got hurt.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with the above except yards after catch are yards after catch. I agree that Montana could deliver the ball the way it needed to be delivered. I never said he didn't.

I not sure if you read my post. I agreed with you on your original post except for that example. I just think that example is not the best one. I was referring to yards after catch. Nothing else. I said Montana because he was the beneficiary of Rice breaking huge gains seemingly every game. Turning that little cut across the middle or the slant where the ball traveled no more than 3-5 yards from the LOS into huge gains. Those plays were used every game. Steve Young made out on them too. It is a tribute to the abilities of players involved. Truthfully I am not sure if Chad could pull that off either because you have to deliver the ball with some velocity. Timing has to be near perfect. But I also said that most QB's would be giving up a lot of yards if you took away the yards after catch. I was taking you literally and not reading other things into your post.

No problem. If you look, you'll notice I edited my post (I guess while you were replying). All part of the new touchy-feely Sperm.

But RAC isn't RAC. A 10-12-yard pass that turns into a 30-yarder is much different (in terms of total yardage and stretching the defense) than a 1-2-yard pass that gets turned into 9-16 yards.

No problem. If you look, you'll notice I edited my post (I guess while you were replying). All part of the new touchy-feely Sperm.

But RAC isn't RAC. A 10-12-yard pass that turns into a 30-yarder is much different (in terms of total yardage and stretching the defense) than a 1-2-yard pass that gets turned into 9-16 yards.

Agreed. That's why I was referring to the under 10 yard attempts. The Niners had a lot of plays designed for the pass/catch under ten yards. More than most offenses. I might not have been clear enough on that. My apologies.

Hey, if it happened all the time I'd sign up also - if we were passing all the time. But you know perfectly well that doesn't do diddly to help soften the defense up for the ground game. All here who want to see Chad Pennington throw 40 passes per game raise your hands.

Raises hand

I don't believe the run game will ever really be our strong point, especially with this line but in the NFL these days in general. Unless you have LT or LJ, and even then you need to have something other than them usually (of course LT counts as a QB too so he is somewhat immune to that requirement).

I would love to see Chad throw 40 times a game because I think the more passes he throws the better he plays. He's a game manager, so he's not going to beat you with a few big plays a game. Instead, if we just overwhelm them with basically "small ball" it will add up.

It takes Chad 40 throws to get 300 yards, and that's a good amount for a QB. Brady, Ben, Peyton and Romo all threw right around that for convincing wins.

Archived